• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Interesting. Summary execution of one woman for contempt of cop (and apparently an especially contemptible example at that--one wonders why he was hired in the first place) resulting in a whole 36 month sentence for doing so. Execution appears to be in order although it obviously isn't going to happen.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Soon after Harmon-Wright was arrested, it was revealed that he had a tarnished military record, a drinking problem, and a history of harassing Culpeper residents. The first two problems nearly kept him from getting the job, and no one at the Culpeper Police Department will say why they didn't.

This is easy, like a lot of departments, it's not who you are but who you know. I'm sure when he got hired he was probably one of the least qualified but somebody got him in. After that the thin blue line protected him until he did something so egregious not even that would work.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    The jury must use only the instruction on the law given by the judge. When the jury looks up definitions of legal terms in outside sources, it is possible that they were using definitions which were not the proper legal definitions.

Sometimes this causes a mistrial, sometimes not. It depends greatly on how close the dictionary was to the correct definition and whether the dictionary definitions played into the ultimate decision.

There are specific instructions about not consulting outside sources. I hope the judge made the jury feel stupid, which it was, for doing this.

Most citizens (including Judges and Lawyers) don't understand that besides sitting in judgement of the accused, a jury also sits in judgement of the law. In this fact, the jury is actually above the law!

Judges tamper with the jury by giving them instructions about what they can or can't think ... or ... rules on how to apply the law ... without fully informing them of their duties and responsibilities.

Jurors' Handbook

Fully Informed Jury Association

HmDBrian

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 24, 2011
    valparaiso
    This is a perfect example of why the "justice" system is f*****g joke. And LEO's wonder why they get bashed.

If it were my mother, wife or sister that he killed, that would be 36 months to prepare my own punishment upon his release. I would be looking forward to it.

Couldn't have said it any better myself. It blows my mind why stuff like this dont happen. If anyone kills a family member of mine, and dont spend their whole life in prison, they will soon be joining that family member.

Top Bottom