• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    everything's a what if in the context of this topic

Not every thing is a what if in the context of this topic Kidd. *History shows us what happens.

That the largest killing of civilians on American soil took place in a scenario whereby individuals were forced to surrender their arms and instead rely upon authorities for their safety is not a what if. It is a what is.

History shows us that the largest killing of soldiers on a military base took place under circumstances where the soldiers were required to be unarmed and required to rely on authorities for their protection. This is not a what if. *It is a what does.

There are very few what ifs, even in the context of this thread.

Last edited:

JKEdge

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    Indy
    I for one am glad to see that we took the necessary steps of having snipers there incase of any terrorist activity. I see nothing wrong with us taking these proactive measures.

I also see the point of not being able to carry into a place like Lucas Oil. Their house, their rules...kind of like this forum. You abide by certain rules for the right of using it. I CC, and I like to, however in a place like the Super Bowl, it's my opinion that I should not need it there. I know that everyone coming into this place is being searched for anything that can provide harm to others. I for one do not want a "citizen" that is not law abiding to be carrying that at any moment can go on a shooting spree and could eliminate 10 innocent people before anyone else could react.

vette3667

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 10, 2009
    Fantastic. I'm trying to think of different scenarios in which they would be called upon? Possibly if the Pat's were about to score and win ahaahahahah!

jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    What if the suicide bomber was a stegosaurus and had a forcefield?

We were set - I'm on the city's "Supernatural-Hypothetical-Imaginary-Triassic" Threat Elimination Response Team. I had the Barrett M82 loaded with special anti-matter, uranium-tipped, laser-guided, force field penetrator M2012 ammo.

Burt-tremors-21383127-1198-1836.jpg

We did get activated around half-time for a Illuminati dinosaur spotting, but it was deemed relatively harmless:

10006581_GAL_MADONNA.JPG

octalman

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2010
    Intel Gathering

really?

so you can identify a man with a vest bomb wearing a heavy coat over it? Don't you think intel being fed to the snipers and looking for that specific person or his coat would be more effective than a bunch of random citizens going about their activities completely clueless as to the potential threat

people are imagining that they can identify and see all plausible threats....and it's simply not the case....citizens would fare well against an attacker with a gun...but a lone gunman is not the likely scenario for a large venue such as the superbowl

There were high tech goodies never used before, monitoring wide variety of information sources. The snipers would not have been called into action without intelligence pointing to a specific threat and having no other option. Joe or Jane Citizen packing with the idea of preventing or stopping a terrorist is pure fantasy. If a terrorist actually made it inside Lucas Oil, a huge number of things have failed. Armed Joe and Jane Citizen would have to be unbelievably lucky to first identify a terrorist soon enough, and second be able to take the right action.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Arming sheep does not make them any less of a sheep. I disagree with your analogy of 9/11. Firearms would have had ZERO difference in the outcome. The passengers sat compliantly without any clue of their fate. They complied with the assumption that in doing so, they would be unharmed. That is what history has taught them. Only one plane figured their fate out and took action. Arming them would have not prevented them from crashing. A firearm is one of a MILLION potential tools of self defense. Some of us are NEVER "unarmed" whether we are carrying or not. I carry where I can but I don't wig out if I can't. It is not the only way to keep oneself safe.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Arming sheep does not make them any less of a sheep. I disagree with your analogy of 9/11. Firearms would have had ZERO difference in the outcome. The passengers sat compliantly without any clue of their fate. They complied with the assumption that in doing so, they would be unharmed. That is what history has taught them. Only one plane figured their fate out and took action. Arming them would have not prevented them from crashing. A firearm is one of a MILLION potential tools of self defense. Some of us are NEVER "unarmed" whether we are carrying or not. I carry where I can but I don't wig out if I can't. It is not the only way to keep oneself safe.

:rockwoot:

apparently I must give reps to someone else before I give them to you again! ;)

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    Excellent Photo-Shopping, probably finished long before the game.

Has any topic generated more posts-per-hour than this one?
    I'm on many other sites, and 80% of them had this lead pic
    up within an hour of my seeing it here. It's alla PLOT, I say --
    a PRO-ZOMBIE plot.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Has any topic generated more posts-per-hour than this one?
    I'm on many other sites, and 80% of them had this lead pic
    up within an hour of my seeing it here. It's alla PLOT, I say --
    a PRO-ZOMBIE plot.

:ugh:

Read post #83, as the "sniper" himself will tell you exactly what the circumstances were. Its not a photoshop.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    There were high tech goodies never used before, monitoring wide variety of information sources. The snipers would not have been called into action without intelligence pointing to a specific threat and having no other option. Joe or Jane Citizen packing with the idea of preventing or stopping a terrorist is pure fantasy. If a terrorist actually made it inside Lucas Oil, a huge number of things have failed. Armed Joe and Jane Citizen would have to be unbelievably lucky to first identify a terrorist soon enough, and second be able to take the right action.
    I think you should go back and read the whole thread....you just reiterated the point I've been making throughout this entire thread

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD

:rockwoot:

apparently I must give reps to someone else before I give them to you again! ;)

Why exactly is this rep worthy? So essentially if you're not a cop like Denny but wish to be armed you're still a sheep and will just sit there frozen in indecision?

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011

Sorry.

I did not know that you were on the flights and can state with absolute authority that firearms would have made ZERO difference in the outcome.

Thank God you are babysitting the world.

You're my hero.

Top Bottom