Supreme Court Justice Kennedy is retiring.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Yeah, that's become the norm.

The "swift ratio"-- the proportion of the distance traveled by a lie to that traveled by the truth. (Jonathan Swift: a lie travels halfway around the world before the truth gets out of bed" or something like that.)

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    I dont see[STRIKE] Ginsburg [/STRIKE]McCain retiring while trump is in office. I think she will sit on the[STRIKE] bench [/STRIKE]Senate in a hospital bed In a coma if it was up to her just to stick it to trump. Republic be damned.

FIFY

Who has such a big ego that they have to cling to a Senate seat when they cannot wipe their own butt, much less represent the citizens in their state? Same goes for Gabby Gifford.

Ginsburg won't leave until she dies.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Democrats must consider court-packing when they regain power. It’s the only way to save democracy. - Washington Post

... This is a media outlet.

There'll never be a normal SCOTUS appointment, or even Presidential election, again.

Any time opposition has a majority, they will stonewall all nominees until the end of time.

And what would they say, if you turned that on its head, and said Pres. Trump was going to pack the court.
    They'd have a **** attack.
    And still not see the irony.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    FIFY

Who has such a big ego that they have to cling to a Senate seat when they cannot wipe their own butt, much less represent the citizens in their state? Same goes for Gabby Gifford.

Ginsburg won't leave until she dies.
    Oh so true and I've said that about McCain on here Too. I cant stand that guy (betrayer of the people and oath he took).
    Giffords I actualy have compassion for and while I dont agree with her AT ALL on gun issues, and I think she is also betraying her oath by coming after guns, I dont know enough about her mental limitations if any to make a informed remark about whether she should retire or not. If her mind is still 100% then she should keep running. But if she is diminished allow someone else to give the people the best representation they can have. But it's legal for her to run either way and we all know politicians as a whole only care about themselves first.
    .I'm sure she is in a lot of pain though and chronic pain will diminish your memory and such because no matter what even with pain management you always think about the pain and your body always is too. Also effects mood and social interaction and stuff. So theres that

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    And what would they say, if you turned that on its head, and said Pres. Trump was going to pack the court.
    They'd have a **** attack.
    And still not see the irony.

FDR tried packing the Court. Why would it succeed this time? Does anyone believe that the SCOTUS justices will gladly dilute their own power?

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    FDR tried packing the Court. Why would it succeed this time? Does anyone believe that the SCOTUS justices will gladly dilute their own power?

I think FDR did pack the court. IIRC, he lost a SSCt decision, got the # of justices increased and filled the increase with "his boys", and then the National Recovery Act (or whatever) was suddenly constitutional..

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I think FDR did pack the court. IIRC, he lost a SSCt decision, got the # of justices increased and filled the increase with "his boys", and then the National Recovery Act (or whatever) was suddenly constitutional..

"February 5, 1937

After winning the 1936 presidential election in a landslide, Franklin D. Roosevelt proposed a bill to expand the membership of the Supreme Court. The law would have added one justice to the Court for each justice over the age of 70, with a maximum of six additional justices. Roosevelt’s motive was clear – to shape the ideological balance of the Court so that it would cease striking down his New Deal legislation. As a result, the plan was widely and vehemently criticized. The law was never enacted by Congress, and Roosevelt lost a great deal of political support for having proposed it. Shortly after the president made the plan public, however, the Court upheld several government regulations of the type it had formerly found unconstitutional. In National Labor Relations Board v. Jones & Laughlin Steel Corporation, for example, the Court upheld the right of the federal government to regulate labor-management relations pursuant to the National Labor Relations Act of 1935. Many have attributed this and similar decisions to a politically motivated change of heart on the part of Justice Owen Roberts, often referred to as “the switch in time that saved nine.” Some legal scholars have rejected this narrative, however, asserting that Roberts' 1937 decisions were not motivated by Roosevelt's proposal and can instead be reconciled with his prior jurisprudence."

https://www.fjc.gov/history/timeline/fdrs-court-packing-plan

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    ... What's the deal with going after his name? Is this really all they have?

Dh1GPUrVQAA1wWs.jpg

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    When playing Doom, at a certain point when opening the game, you could type in IDKFA and have both unlimited ammo and be immune to attacks yourself.

Someone needs to change the title of this thread to "EVERYTHING IMPORTANT TO KNOW IN LIFE is in this thread."

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

"February 5, 1937

After winning the 1936 presidential election in a landslide, Franklin D. Roosevelt proposed a bill to expand the membership of the Supreme Court. The law would have added one justice to the Court for each justice over the age of 70, with a maximum of six additional justices. Roosevelt’s motive was clear – to shape the ideological balance of the Court so that it would cease striking down his New Deal legislation. As a result, the plan was widely and vehemently criticized. The law was never enacted by Congress, and Roosevelt lost a great deal of political support for having proposed it. Shortly after the president made the plan public, however, the Court upheld several government regulations of the type it had formerly found unconstitutional. In National Labor Relations Board v. Jones & Laughlin Steel Corporation, for example, the Court upheld the right of the federal government to regulate labor-management relations pursuant to the National Labor Relations Act of 1935. Many have attributed this and similar decisions to a politically motivated change of heart on the part of Justice Owen Roberts, often referred to as “the switch in time that saved nine.” Some legal scholars have rejected this narrative, however, asserting that Roberts' 1937 decisions were not motivated by Roosevelt's proposal and can instead be reconciled with his prior jurisprudence."

https://www.fjc.gov/history/timeline/fdrs-court-packing-plan

While his first attempt at packing the court by appointing "helper justices" to take up some of the workload from the older justices (so his justification went) failed, he did succeed at packing the court with his unprecedented 4 terms and succeeding at outliving the justices he did not appoint. This is how we got such tragedies of constitution abuse as Wickard v.Filburn with 8 Red Frank appointees on the court.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    He did get a giggle playing straight man for that other lib douche but on his own he is a political hack for the left. Not funny on any level.

I have admittedly only watched about 5 minutes of his show once that I can recall, and completely by accident. Left tv on while I was in garage, came inside and saw him. I find judge Judy to have more humor

Top Bottom