• I have owned an LX2 and the clip...

• Total voters

zebov

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Lafayette, IN
    It seems that the one [strike]major[/strike] complaint with SureFire's LX2 LumaMax is that the pocket clip breaks very easily. To see if this is truly a problem or just an instance of "only people experiencing a problem talk about it," I'd like to get some statistics. If you currently or have ever owned a SureFire LX2 LumaMax, please fill in the poll and provide any further commentary as a reply.

Last edited:

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Mine broke at the 3-month mark. I'm currently on my second.

And while it is important to recognize such issues, I would hardly call it a "major complaint". I find it to be my only complaint, and a relatively small one when you consider all the right things the light does (and others don't).

lawrra

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Huntington
    Cut tape to fit, press, done.

LX2.jpg

AD Marc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    That is a pic from one of the Armed Dynamics guys. The clipdraw has outlasted the original clip for quite a while, now.

I've had mine on for 8 months. The clipdraw has gone through plenty of abuse and maintained tension. It's a stout clip. It's a shame that surefire doesn't see fit to fix the clip issue on a $200 light.

The clipdraw was not my idea however. Borrowed it from Michael Debethencourt.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    If mine breaks again I might try using the same adhesive strip that the Clipdraw does, but apply it to the broken clip, thereby sticking it directly to the light body itself.

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    I've never owned an L2(x) but did own an L4 and still have an A2. The L4 went on a VitalGear body with a tailcap mounted clip straight away and was a great light. The A2 has bent several times but no out and out failure..

Dave Doehrman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I don't have the LX2, but I do have the E2D LED Defender. I wanted to see the difference in the 2 lights and found them to be identical in size. Both are 200 lumens on high, but the LX2 is 15 lumens on low and the E2D is 5 lumens on low.

The E2D has the pocket clip mounted 180 degrees in alignment to the body of the light and it looks to be much sturdier. The E2D has a more pronounced cutting edge on the LED end and it is $20 cheaper than the LX2. The battery life on the E2D is much better on low setting.

Just thought I'd mention an alternative if you guys keep breaking clips.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Typically the guys that seek out the LX2 do so specifically because of its non-clicky tailcap and non-spiky bezel. And I know I'm not personally a fan of bezel-up carry.

Top Bottom