• I have owned an LX2 and the clip...

• Total voters

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    I have to say that my confidence in my LX2 is dramatically less than what it was yesterday. I'm considering myself now among those looking for a less fragile alternative.
    Get with SureFire, explain this to them - and see what they can do for you. Worst case they send you a new end-cap...

At the end of the day their brand is marketed as something you can put your life on - and I certainly wouldn't want to put my life on what you have in those pictures.

I would try and make it clear the gravity of your concerns and what a failed EDC light could result in. [No threats, just informational statements as to how you rely upon their light.]

AD Marc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    It took me a few minutes to get the fragile-looking plastic pins lined back up and put back together. Upon reassembly, everything seems to be working fine, but I have to say that my confidence in my LX2 is dramatically less than what it was yesterday. I'm considering myself now among those looking for a less fragile alternative.

Precisely what happened with mine. Surefire will send you a new switch and the light should work fine in the meantime.

I don't think I've ever heard of a switch failing in use, just falling apart during a battery change. That's really the only reason I still have confidence in the light. My last two Chinese lights (Jetbeam, 47's) both died in the middle of low light drills and those were ditched immediately.

The only less fragile lights I'm aware of are the surefire's with the single stage tail cap. Unfortunately, I find 6P sized lights a bit large for bezel-down pocket carry. The switch on the e-series lights i do not like at all.

Top Bottom