Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Soooo...how is the nation dealing with the vengeance laden raid? Let's see..

Entry 1:
    Let this 67 year old man explain the police to some of you younger people because you really don't understand the basic philosophy of cops:
    Cops do the things they do for only 1 reason - they know they can get away with it.
    (17 likes at time of post)

Entry 2:Pay up idiots. Repair and replace all damaged items gung-ho commandos.

(12 likes at time of post- but I think the city is paying, right??)

Entry 3:A lot of those swat teams really love their job so they don't really care if right address or not. After they do all that damage what happens to them, nothing but allerting the criminal they are close by.

(12 likes at time of post)

Way to go EPD! You really showed E-ville that you are NOT to be messed with.....and you will take down even innocents to prove that point.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    It reads like a shock piece. I don't think it is really the most accurate story about it but it is written to get the most rile up out of people.

The comments are great though.

I've got to admit, the whole thing has had me riled up since I saw the footage- especially where that grenade went off. I haven't posted on this thread because I kept thinking about it happening to me. Man, I'm telling you, if something like that went off around my children!!!! :xmad:

Let me take a breath and remember that I don't live in Eville- there, that's better. :)

It is a shock peice for a reason- they want to raise awareness of the regularity to which the stuff keeps happening. I think they want, if by no other means than embarassment, to call up LEO agencies to stop going off on nothing but a topic post or an IP. Likewise, judges are going to have to get up to speed on this stuff. It is needed, hopefully it will help.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    I've got to admit, the whole thing has had me riled up since I saw the footage- especially where that grenade went off. I haven't posted on this thread because I kept thinking about it happening to me. Man, I'm telling you, if something like that went off around my children!!!! :xmad:

Let me take a breath and remember that I don't live in Eville- there, that's better. :)

It is a shock peice for a reason- they want to raise awareness of the regularity to which the stuff keeps happening. I think they want, if by no other means than embarassment, to call up LEO agencies to stop going off on nothing but a topic post or an IP. Likewise, judges are going to have to get up to speed on this stuff. It is needed, hopefully it will help.

I with you on the whole SWAT team raid with kids around thing...

ANYWAY I just think that with them having so much time to write this story, it happened over a week ago... That they would have been able to cite more sources and done a much better technical aspect on it. Like how easy it is to clone an IP (which EPD STILL hasn't figured out) or the legalities of what they did.

I'm still waiting on an editorial on the irony of having the department responsible for the Barnes decision raid an innocent home RIGHT AFTER SB1 became law.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I with you on the whole SWAT team raid with kids around thing...

ANYWAY I just think that with them having so much time to write this story, it happened over a week ago... That they would have been able to cite more sources and done a much better technical aspect on it. Like how easy it is to clone an IP (which EPD STILL hasn't figured out) or the legalities of what they did.

I'm still waiting on an editorial on the irony of having the department responsible for the Barnes decision raid an innocent home RIGHT AFTER SB1 became law.

What does SB1 have to do with this? I have had a couple and not thinking clearly :laugh:

thebishopp

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Indiana
    Wow, MSNBC said wrong house, all the people I argued with at the local paper said it was the right house, go figure, MSNBC got something right

Most people don't seem to understand that it was the right IP address in as much as it was the IP Address being used to access the internet. BUT it was the wrong house as in the guy(s) who were making those posts didn't actually live there and were using the open wifi connection from outside the residence.

So ipsofacto (hope I'm using the term correctly) it was the wrong house.

thebishopp

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Indiana
    Wow, I really need another beer. I just read SB1 days ago arguing with those idiots supporting the raid on the wrong house.

Yes the Irony being the same PD who's entry into a home on a domestic violence issue which resulted in the Barnes decision, which then resulted in SB1 to counter the Barnes decision is the same PD who is involved in a questionable forcible entry into a residence.

On a side but related note... the judge really needs to be questioned regarding why he thought there was probable cause to authorize a no knock warrant on that house.

Notwithstanding the questions why the PD decided to do what it did, the judge is supposed to be one of the "checks and balances" in the system.

Unless there was some kind of fabrication in the warrant request it the Judge has some serious explaining as to why he thought a simple IP address with little to no surveillance and investigation (less than 13 hours total of which not all of that could have been "investigation") amounted to "probable cause" for a no knock search warrant.

long coat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Avon
    Was the first one a no knock or not? The police said they knocked/said police 3X , but the video looked like it was a no knock.

Top Bottom