13   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Marion County

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Appalling really? These people are softer than a my pillow. Don’t get me wrong I wouldn’t be happy we the kids parents but appalled seems a bit dramatic with the current details.

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    Not that I was ever involved in such a heinous event, but they did it wrong. You are supposed to carry the victim, uh candidate, to the throne via the tag of his Jockey’s.

At least the throne was free of any foreign matter!

JEBland

INGO's least subtle Alphabet agency taskforce spy
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    Three plus kids that are clearly larger drag him over and put his face where people literally **** and we're going to pretend like this is a character building moment? How many of you tough guys in the comments wouldn't be talking about ****ing the men who did that to you if you were dragged by 3 MMA fighters and given a swirlie just because they could.

Pull your heads out of your asses. **** those kids. And if you're in favor of group violence against the weakling in the name of humor, then **** you, too.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Three plus kids that are clearly larger drag him over and put his face where people literally **** and we're going to pretend like this is a character building moment? How many of you tough guys in the comments wouldn't be talking about ****ing the men who did that to you if you were dragged by 3 MMA fighters and given a swirlie just because they could.

Pull your heads out of your asses. **** those kids. And if you're in favor of group violence against the weakling in the name of humor, then **** you, too.
    If they put his face in the water, they were doing it wrong. I never did it, nor did I have it done to me, but we all certainly heard of it when we were growing up. It was slightly elevated from the atomic wedgie back when I was growing up. I'm not "in favor" of anything, but it happened. Nobody was sued, nobody died, and frequently the "victims" went on to become friends with their tormentors. That's just the way it was. :dunno: I assume you also never pledged a fraternity?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I'd much prefer that this kind of thing happened (if "something" is going to happen), or settling differences with fist fights on the playground, etc., than some of the crap that goes on today. Nobody was committing suicide over pranks, but now kids do it because they had mean things said about them on social media. Kids are shooting other kids because they dissed their sneakers, or made them feel unwelcome or some **** these days. Sorry, but I think the "old times" were better.

JEBland

INGO's least subtle Alphabet agency taskforce spy
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    If they put his face in the water, they were doing it wrong. I never did it, nor did I have it done to me, but we all certainly heard of it when we were growing up. It was slightly elevated from the atomic wedgie back when I was growing up. I'm not "in favor" of anything, but it happened. Nobody was sued, nobody died, and frequently the "victims" went on to become friends with their tormentors. That's just the way it was. :dunno: I assume you also never pledged a fraternity?
    Honestly, I've never heard of such a thing actually occurring in my school. Heard of swirlies, sure. Actually happening? No. I also cannot understand how victim is put into quotes. From the report, the kid was dragged into the bathroom, then dragged into the toilet. This is not mutual combat or a tussle to settle differences.

Hard no to the frat. I lived at home and commuted to school for my bachelors. I have too many dang brothers as is, why buy more.

I'm not saying kids aren't soft. They are. Too soft, even. I just don't see how this is even on the list of "maybe this is okay."

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    I'd much prefer that this kind of thing happened (if "something" is going to happen), or settling differences with fist fights on the playground, etc., than some of the crap that goes on today. Nobody was committing suicide over pranks, but now kids do it because they had mean things said about them on social media. Kids are shooting other kids because they dissed their sneakers, or made them feel unwelcome or some **** these days. Sorry, but I think the "old times" were better.
    I can't help but think that some of those kids are going to seek revenge, and not in a good way.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Honestly, I've never heard of such a thing actually occurring in my school. Heard of swirlies, sure. Actually happening? No. I also cannot understand how victim is put into quotes. From the report, the kid was dragged into the bathroom, then dragged into the toilet. This is not mutual combat or a tussle to settle differences.

Hard no to the frat. I lived at home and commuted to school for my bachelors. I have too many dang brothers as is, why buy more.

I'm not saying kids aren't soft. They are. Too soft, even. I just don't see how this is even on the list of "maybe this is okay."
    Yeah, again I'm not condoning it. I'm just saying it used to happen and it didn't get escalated to the point of being described as a "horrifying assault".

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    It's not an either-or choice between "all the past" and "all the present." It's possible to preserve the good aspects of the past, while tossing the stupid stuff. I was born in the 60s, and we sure did our share of restroom pranks. But we didn't shove peoples' heads in toilets.

It isn't necessary to keep slavery, to prevent chix with dix from playing girls' sports. By the same token, shoving peoples' heads in toilets isn't going to prevent them shooting each other.

I listen to the "tough old coots" talking about how much you rumbled back in the days. You guys would just get your asses shot, today. And mostly rightly so. If you think you were lucky to grow up back then...you may be right.

Top Bottom