• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    These days? They already do. When I was a kid? No. Unless it was to pull another prank or get in a "rematch" fight on the playground.
    i know they already do, i just fear it could lead to even more. a fair fight is one thing, but 3 kids against one? i remember getting in a fight when i was a teenager, and one girl held me while the other one punched me. i wasn't extremely traumatized by it, but it still sucked. i had a temper back then, and didn't always think before acting. someone else in that position with access to a weapon might do something different. when i was a kid, the only weapon we had was a bb gun, so it never really crossed my mind.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    i know they already do, i just fear it could lead to even more. a fair fight is one thing, but 3 kids against one? i remember getting in a fight when i was a teenager, and one girl held me while the other one punched me. i wasn't extremely traumatized by it, but it still sucked. i had a temper back then, and didn't always think before acting. someone else in that position with access to a weapon might do something different. when i was a kid, the only weapon we had was a bb gun, so it never really crossed my mind.
    I remember an incident between me and my two (mutual) best friends. One of them had done something... probably over a girl... I don't even remember... :): and two of us ganged up on the other one and beat him up (not badly... just a few punches). Within a couple of days we were all best friends again. The thought of killing somebody was never on the table. If kids are really thinking that way today? Then they need to be in prison for life. Or in a psychiatric hospital with no chance of leaving for life. That's just crazy ****.

JEBland

INGO's least subtle Alphabet agency taskforce spy
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    Yeah, again I'm not condoning it. I'm just saying it used to happen and it didn't get escalated to the point of being described as a "horrifying assault".
    I don't understand the issue with that label, to be honest. It's clearly assault. And if it happened to you, especially being post online at your expense, wouldn't you be horrified? These teenagers and their parents should have every possible (legal) action taken against them.

Edited just to add: I think I've said all I have to say on this. Y'all take care.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    I remember an incident between me and my two (mutual) best friends. One of them had done something... probably over a girl... I don't even remember... :): and two of us ganged up on the other one and beat him up (not badly... just a few punches). Within a couple of days we were all best friends again. The thought of killing somebody was never on the table. If kids are really thinking that way today? Then they need to be in prison for life. Or in a psychiatric hospital with no chance of leaving for life. That's just crazy ****.
    it's crazy, but hormonal teenagers aren't always the most stable individuals anyway. i just think everyone should keep their hands to themselves. i would have been terrified if 3 kids tried to do that to me, and i probably would have feared for my life. i do think we are raising a nation of pansies, and i'm not normally a bleeding heart.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I don't understand the issue with that label, to be honest. It's clearly assault. And if it happened to you, especially being post online at your expense, wouldn't you be horrified? These teenagers and their parents should have every possible (legal) action taken against them.

Edited just to add: I think I've said all I have to say on this. Y'all take care.
    You take care too. I wasn't horrified when bad things happened when I was a kid. Doubt I'd be horrified now unless it affected my livelihood. But I'm not stupid enough to post things online that would cause that, so there's that.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    You take care too. I wasn't horrified when bad things happened when I was a kid. Doubt I'd be horrified now unless it affected my livelihood. But I'm not stupid enough to post things online that would cause that, so there's that.
    i was, and still am, pretty introverted and socially awkward. Not in a dangerous way. I can't imagine having the whole thing online, and kids teasing about it for probably the rest of the school year, if not longer. I remember making fun of certain kids that there were rumors about in school because my friends did it and i wanted to be cool, and one guy because he dressed weird. I'm ashamed now.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    i was, and still am, pretty introverted and socially awkward. Not in a dangerous way. I can't imagine having the whole thing online, and kids teasing about it for probably the rest of the school year, if not longer. I remember making fun of certain kids that there were rumors about in school because my friends did it and i wanted to be cool, and one guy because he dressed weird. I'm ashamed now.
    My last name rhymes with "fatty" and I was a little "husky" as a kid. I get it. I just shrugged it off back then. It was just kids being kids and ribbing each other as far as the way I viewed it. :dunno: I guess I've never been one to give a crap about whatever people though about me.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Found the video for this thread. I'm just wondering what their usernames are.

:):

Language Warning. No swirlies, though.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    My last name rhymes with "fatty" and I was a little "husky" as a kid. I get it. I just shrugged it off back then. It was just kids being kids and ribbing each other as far as the way I viewed it. :dunno: I guess I've never been one to give a crap about whatever people though about me.
    But what if it happened today, and kids posted it on social media? just curious. Sometimes I play devil's advocate, and it comes off as arguing, but it's not my intention.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    But what if it happened today, and kids posted it on social media? just curious. Sometimes I play devil's advocate, and it comes off as arguing, but it's not my intention.
    I understand, and no worries! I'd probably turn off my social media I reckon. But maybe that's my old man-ness coming through. I don't know why kids (or more importantly, the kids' parents) don't do that.

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    Fatty Daddy Fatty Daddy Fatty Daddy!!

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    But you have no control over everyone else's. It would be like an embarrassing picture posted in every hallway of your school that was replaced as soon as you took it down back in our day.
    People did that back in your day?? Dang, you guys were ruthless! (I wonder where Ruth went? - Sorry, Firesign Theater reference. :): )

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    I think we all agree it is wrong. As are MANY many things but there are a lot of wrong things that go on from day to day that are far worse that do not get described as this did. Reminds me of the reporter shooting the ar15 and getting ptsd. The wording is trying so hard to appease people and be politically correct it comes off as fake and over the top.

Top Bottom