• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    But what if it happened today, and kids posted it on social media? just curious. Sometimes I play devil's advocate, and it comes off as arguing, but it's not my intention.
    Yep, this. I can’t imagine what kids go through today with everything being videod and posted for the world to see.

It’s inescapable for a kid being picked on nowadays.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I became friends with lots of people I got into physical altercations with. So add me to your spreadsheet
    noted-notes.gif

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Yep, this. I can’t imagine what kids go through today with everything being videod and posted for the world to see.

It’s inescapable for a kid being picked on nowadays.
    It's a bigger playground, and the kids are just as cruel, if not more so than in the past. (Partly I'm sure due in fact that they can't get punched on the internet.) The difference is in how they react to it now vs. back in the day of the "physical" playground vs. the "virtual" playground of today.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    I mean since we are all pretending we know the story what if this little kid made a meme about these other kids moms and cheated on his sister and beat up their little brother? Let’s not jump to conclusions I’m not saying I’m right but my story could be just as true as yours from reading what we all have read in this article.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Who knew???? :dunno:

Hell, some consider hurting somebody's feelings an asaault.

This society has become a gaggle of candy***es.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    It's a bigger playground, and the kids are just as cruel, if not more so than in the past. (Partly I'm sure due in fact that they can't get punched on the internet.) The difference is in how they react to it now vs. back in the day of the "physical" playground vs. the "virtual" playground of today.
    Oh definitely. I was 5’9” and weighed about 160 when I got out of high school. Within 2 years, I was 6’4” and due to some serious physical training, weighed 220.

I had a lot of fun running into some of the old high school douche bags/wanna be bullies. Nowadays, instead of “hey *******, remember me”, it would be shots fired.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    You were definitely lucky to have grown up in an earlier time.
    I grew up in that time and was bullied and never became friends with the toughs that ganged up on me. What it taught me was that no one in authority was going to protect me and if I defended myself I would be the one getting in trouble.

That I didn’t use the blade I carried or brought the rifle I had to school was a miracle. This romanticizing of “how it used to be” is ********. No one, repeat no one, should have to live with that, and the real sociopaths here are the ones who perpetrated it, probably condoned by a father who blows it off as no big deal.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    This thread reminds me of some of my childhood.

We moved around from time to time so I had more than average experience with being the "new kid in school" and figured out how to deal with it.

Back in middle school we had this thing called recess and dodge ball was very popular (two things that seem unheard of these days).

Early on at a new school, we were playing dodge ball. A kid named Gentry was the biggest kid in school. He was also a ball hog....The kid would stuff balls up the back of his shirt and try to fool people with his bs.

I ran up behind him, stripped a few balls away and took out some kids. Other guys on our side winced with "you don't mess with Gentry".

Why not? He's a ball hog.

Well, Gentry gets in my face, I tell him he's a dumb*** and we end up in the chain link fence. I took some punches and then kicked the ***hole in the groin hard enough to shove his balls up to his throat and that was the end of the scuffle.

I don't think he ever had anybody stand up to him before.....let alone a little punk white kid half his size.

Well, it wasn't long before Gentry and I became friends. I figured he never had the chance to see he was being an ***hole. I think he figured he did not have many more friends than the new kid. All worked out well.

I often wonder what became of Gentry. Guy was a good kid under all the bull****.

I suppose these days there would be some bull**** about how such a thing was not consistent with the school's "mission statement" or "core values"...maybe even make some work for a "school counselor". Such things appear to be failing miserably.

Last edited:

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Criminal charges against the bullies might be a bit much but I'm not opposed to some civil action against the parents to encourage against continuing to raise a-holes. :dunno:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I mean since we are all pretending we know the story what if this little kid made a meme about these other kids moms and cheated on his sister and beat up their little brother? Let’s not jump to conclusions I’m not saying I’m right but my story could be just as true as yours from reading what we all have read in this article.
    Well if that’s the case (which I seriously doubt) then the kids being bullied in the video were smart. They did not record and make public.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I grew up in that time and was bullied and never became friends with the toughs that ganged up on me. What it taught me was that no one in authority was going to protect me and if I defended myself I would be the one getting in trouble.

That I didn’t use the blade I carried or brought the rifle I had to school was a miracle. This romanticizing of “how it used to be” is ********. No one, repeat no one, should have to live with that, and the real sociopaths here are the ones who perpetrated it, probably condoned by a father who blows it off as no big deal.
    Near every School day until I had enough. And yes if caught defending you got in deep :poop: which at the point of I am done with this was just part of it. That point came in the 8th grade. Then I started getting in trouble defending those who were getting bullied.
    I have no use for punk *** bullies. None.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Well if that’s the case (which I seriously doubt) then the kids being bullied in the video were smart. They did not record and make public.

kind of my point. With what little info we have we have no clue as to the real circumstance. We are no better than cnn lynching with this hyper sensitive article as our only source.

Top Bottom