• schwaky18

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Lizton, IN (Hendricks County)
    I'm reading it as, "BE Reasonable People"
    oh oh
    Am I busted for wanting to live in a bunker?

For me, knowing how to survive beyond the confines of modern society is one of the most basic and important individual responsibilities to preserving our culture, rather it be for 1 day or for years. I get the idea many INGOers do too and am grateful to finally meet others who appreciate how to survive without central HVAC and grocery stores.

In some respects the SHTF has already occurred (for me). The loss of family homesteads and small communities being replaced by super-stores filled with foreign plastic crap and schools with overburden, underpaid teachers. I’m trying to find a way to survive in a world that has become riddled with too many nanny laws and liability BS and loss of individual right to GOD, guns and common sense. Where are they all going? :crying:

I'm not joking when I say I hope to learn how to live in a concrete bunker and grow and kill my own food. I think my particular plights in life (details not added but PM if your interested) make this a little less weird, less unreasonable. Nonetheless, it’s an honest interest…bunker living that is.

“Being a skeptical old bastid who say’s meansht” is a typical charm of those who have a lot of knowledge about “the old ways” and I have a lot of respect for “the old ways”. I look forward to being a, skeptical old jaded spinster who says meanersht some day. And no I’m not a le.

I admire the lot of you who know about the practicalities of surviving off the land and dealing with life threatening emergencies. It warms my heart to see so many men and women strong in faith, principles and common sense. INHO, INGO is a unique and a valuable resource for those that visit and are reassured there is still some with practical knowledge and common sense left in this insane world.
    People, like me, in the far away worlds of Indiana, appreciate you, and you help them survive in more ways then one. Jus say’n...

Yummie dose of common sense. Thanks can I have another?

I agree and I am hoping to get the bunker finished soon. Let me know if you need any help on yours.:D

ranjah6

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 25, 2011
    You can never " prep" dot everything . You can however crank up your knowledge base and maintain a can do, never quite attitude. This will get you through most situations. Just my opinion.

Jenel

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    Johnson County
    IMO just getting mentally prepared and accepting that TS may hit TF, is a helluva a lot more than the sheepole thinking that "This is America, nothing bad can happen here!" And the the people who don't know what to buy so they just get what FEMA says they need are better off than people that say "I'll start getting prepared, later." It's easy to argue that you don't need this or that in your preparations, but if someone has the money to afford a Space Shuttle Door Gunner Bug Out Bag than don't knock it. I've got a wife and two kids, so I do what I can, but I'm doing better than probably 85% of the rest of the American people.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    LOL, love this old thread. Go down the list of posters all hopped up and ready to go savage and read what they've "accomplished" since they posted here only two years ago.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    First of all, if anyone want to see the current Marion County Comprehensive Emergency Management Plan, you can find it here:Home

I can tell you that, as of 2002, any SERIOUS discussion of a county-wide evacuation was based on extrapolating the time it took to clear out 500K people from the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. A complete evacuation of Marion County has probably not been seriously contemplated since the 70s.

What folks should be thinking about is the fact that food warehouses only contain about 3 days worth of food. In the event of a severe transportation disruption of any long duration, people in big cities like Chicago, Indianapolis, Ft. Wayne. Louisville, Cincinnati, and even Muncie, Valparaiso, etc. are going to be filled with folks who don't have anything to eat. Some of them will stay and starve in place like good little sheep and some won't. Most "survivalist" type scenarios involve some take on this little factoid. Everyone's personal abilities and needs are different and everyone tends to want to do things his/her own way. I have no problem with that, just as I have no particular problem with old geezers who think that just because they know how to skin a squirrel with an axe, everyone else should know how to do it, too...

Cain71

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Columbus
    To each thier own, but there is something to be said for a man that can skin a hog, cure it and use everything but the oink. The man that can build a cart with hand tools. The guy that can build tools from iron ore. These skills are not so common, and I believe that if it all comes to an end these skills would feed your family. These skills will be needed by others and they will trade for what they need. I guarantee the man that knows what grand dad or great grand dad had in thier every day knowledge of life will be the one that survives. And dont forget Grandma and great grandma either,that is another skill set of wealth and knowledge.

Top Bottom