• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • boogieman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    under your bed!!!
    I have 5 Taurus guns and love them all. The only problem i have had with any of them is my pt140 pro. When I first bought it the magazine would fall out after every shot. I sent it to taurus and have had no more problems since.

My List
    pt 111 9mm
    pt 140 pro .40 cal
    model 627 .357 tracker 7 shot 4" ported barrel
    model 17 .17 hmr tracker 8 shot 4" barrel
    model 327 .327 federal magnum 6 shot 2" barrel
    The pt 111 is my everyday carry gun.

Last edited:

Fixer

Expert
    Rating - 96.4%
    26   1   1
    Nov 22, 2009
    Fort Wayne Area
    PT1911

I have been looking to pick up a 1911 gun and Tarus was definatly on the list. I owned a PT100 and never had any problems with it. After reading so many positive experiences with it I definatly would buy one over the more pricey Springfields or kimber models. The wife will be ever so happy I have another gun on the list. Thanks all.

swmp9jrm

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2008
    NCO
    I just picked up the Taurus PT-1911DT yesterday. Put a hundred rounds of FMJ through it today - smooth as silk! Think I'll keep it!!

Several hundred rounds of all types of FMJ and JHP through the PT-709 - it's now my carry gun.

My brothers have multiple Taurus pistols as well - none of us have had any significant issues with any of them. Decent guns at a decent price.

2w69do5.jpg

Last edited:

Fixer

Expert
    Rating - 96.4%
    26   1   1
    Nov 22, 2009
    Fort Wayne Area
    Awsome 1911. That is the exact model I was looking at. I have a set of black grips with a punisher logo on them, I thought would look great. What can I say I am a Marvel comics fan too.

nate77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Bunker Hill
    Wow, now that is a nice looking gun.

I just picked up a Taurus PT-1911DT yesterday. Put a hundred rounds of FMJ through it today - smooth as silk! Think I'll keep it!!

I also have a Taurus PT-709. Several hundred rounds of all types of FMJ and JHP through it - now my carry gun.

My brothers have multiple Taurus pistols as well - none of us have had any significant issues with any of them. Decent guns at a decent price.

2vcsuhi.jpg

mjmcg

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2009
    I have a 24/7 LS in stainless and an 85ULB, both function flawlessly. I didn't include pics because you all know what they look like already.
    I have to comment though, my only disgruntlement with Taurus is with their marketing. I began to anticipate the arrival of a 1911 in 40 when I saw them listed in the 06 'whats new' brochure, however they never came to be. Even after several calls to Taurus which resulted in my being told time and time again that the 40 would be released for sale "the next quarter"... I heard that all that all through the rest of 06, all of 07 and have been hearing it ever since. I finally made the decision to opt for the 24/7 LS in stainless and I'm glad I did. I don't believe that my intended use of the firearm that the 1911 version would offer me anything that the 24/7 doesn't. They are a fine piece no doubt.

CandRFan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Kokomo
    I have a 24/7 LS in stainless and an 85ULB, both function flawlessly. I didn't include pics because you all know what they look like already.

That's not the point of posting pics here. :D

As a group of gun guys we just like looking at guns. Whatever they are and no matter how many times we've seen them! :yesway:

Redskinsfan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    He's right

CandRfan is right, the point of posting pics is not to establish what the gun looks like; we are guys and we like looking at guns even if we know what they are going to basically look like. Same applies to attractive women.

Terry

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    The PT1911s that I have fired or have seen being fired have all functioned without any difficulties. That's not something I can say about any other brand except for the 1911s made in the Philippines (Armscor, Rock Island, etc.). When people ask me about getting a 1911 that they can expect to function, Taurus is currently in top three.

I have one of my own now. It works nicely. It's currently with the gunsmith getting a trigger job and some new sights.

Has anyone seen any of the "new" Taurus 1911s they have listed in their catalog actually in a gun shop? I'm looking forward to their 9mm and their "high capacity" version looks interesting too,

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    CandRfan is right, the point of posting pics is not to establish what the gun looks like; we are guys and we like looking at guns even if we know what they are going to basically look like. Same applies to attractive women.

Terry

agreed. I have a 24/7 LS, but it's blue. I'd like to see a stainless one. I'm married to a redhead, but I occasionally look at blondes.... just sayin....

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I use an XD9mm SC and my wife uses aTaurus 24/7 pro compact DS 9mm.They are both great compacts. I have a few range trips on her, but I fear she and the Tarus are catching me. What'll I do?? Help! Mr. Wizzard!!

"Drizzle, drazzle, drozzle, drome,
    time for THIS one, to come home..."

God, does THAT statement date me?

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 19, 2009
    Central Indiana
    I've had a Taurus PT-908 for about seven years now. When I originally got it, I regularly put 150 rounds a week through it and paid no attention to cleaning or maintaining it. Always functioned flawlessly. It's a heavy chunk and it's light on capacity at 8+1 but is small enough for hip or small-of-back carry. Feeds any ball ammo without issue. I tried a box of the low end Winchester "Personal Protection" hollow points and had feeding issues, but it has never had problems feeding Hydra-Shoks.

AuntieBellum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Rensselaer
    zombie.jpg

Does anyone know where I can order spare mags for my 709 Slim? I was very jealous at the range yesterday when everybody else could just throw in a new mag and keep shooting while I kept loading my one mag repeatedly. Not to mention that it'd be nice to be able to carry a spare mag with me instead of just hoping that 8 shots will be enough. Thanks!

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Does anyone know where I can order spare mags for my 709 Slim? I was very jealous at the range yesterday when everybody else could just throw in a new mag and keep shooting while I kept loading my one mag repeatedly. Not to mention that it'd be nice to be able to carry a spare mag with me instead of just hoping that 8 shots will be enough. Thanks!

Did you buy the 709 new? If so there was supposed to be 2 mags included, at one time some dealers was taking the spare mag out and making a extra profit off of it.

Now if it's not new, you might want to wait until the 1500 in Feb. and see of any of the large mag vendors have one in stock. Otherwise the only recourse is to buy direct from Taurus since it is still a fairly new, I found that they lag behind almost 8-9 months before after market mags are available for the new Taurus products.

I'm still trying to pick up at least 3 or 4 for my Taurus 809.

AuntieBellum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Rensselaer
    Did you buy the 709 new? If so there was supposed to be 2 mags included, at one time some dealers was taking the spare mag out and making a extra profit off of it.
    I'm embarrassed to admit that I just went back and checked the case and somehow had not managed to remember that there was a 2nd mag in there. Now I feel silly. :n00b: Apparently I was so excited about carrying it that I took it out of the case and never looked back!

Now if it's not new, you might want to wait until the 1500 in Feb. and see of any of the large mag vendors have one in stock. Otherwise the only recourse is to buy direct from Taurus since it is still a fairly new, I found that they lag behind almost 8-9 months before after market mags are available for the new Taurus products.
    I might have to check that out. I've never been, but it could be good to check it out and buy yet more mags!

I'm still trying to pick up at least 3 or 4 for my Taurus 809.
    Good luck - and thanks for the help!

swmp9jrm

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2008
    NCO
    I just picked up some mags for my PT-709 from Bud's - $30 a piece and had them in three days. Don't know if they still have them. You have to search a little, as there is no picture with the description.

My experience with Taurus CS has been good - at least as good as any of the others. Bottom line, Taurus isn't the top shelf, but their guns offer good shooting at a good price.

Ahgo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 1, 2009
    New Haven, Indiana
    I've got the Millenium Pro 45 compact. I like it overall, however, I hate the Heine sites. I switched them out with Williams Firesites. Got them for Christmas and can't wait to go to the range to try them. Like I said before I like the gun.

Top Bottom