• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Im looking into getting a Taurus, either a pt 24/7 pro 45 or a 24/7 40. in ur guys opinion, which would be the better cc or home defense?

Before you lock in on a 24/7 series, look at the 800 series, I own a 809 in 9mm and it is absoulutly awesome and one of the great things about about the 800 series is they all have the same footprint just pick which backstrap that fits your hand best and your'e good to go. It also is a hammered fired gun which in my mind is a big +1.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I had a 24/7 pro in .45acp. I bought it new back in 06. The very first time I took it to the range I had 4 or 5 rounds nose dive in the magazine. Discouraged I called Taurus and had it shipped to them on two occassions and both times recieved new magazines. I also found the trigger to be among the sloppiest. I would compare it to the triggr on an old arcade game. I traded mine in and paid the difference for a Ruger P345.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    My "new" Taurus PT145 Pro.

I caught Cathy taking a picture of it with her rat dog, and told her she had to get one with my little angel, Miss Priss, too :)

PT145
    PT145004.jpg

PT145 and my 8 m/o Boxer mix Miss Priss
    PT145012.jpg

PT145 and Inara
    PT145010.jpg

Last edited:

D.T.O.M.

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 27, 2009
    martinsville
    I have had 3 Taurus hand guns 2 Revolvers and 1 semi auto I liked all of them.
    I still have the Judge its not going anywhere I think there quality has improved in the last few years. Just my opinion

DIRTY HARRY

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 29, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Nice collection. I have noticed that The Taurus line of gun prices are going up. I own a Rossi model 462/ 2" stainless .357 and don't have any complaints other than hard trigger pull. My dad left it to me so I guess that is why I have it.

samskxtreme

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I have a .38 Ultra Light Taurus. It is a bit hard to hold onto when shooting, overall a decent gun. The wife likes it better than I do, I think it comes back to the grip being a bit small for my hands.

bigman502

Plinker
    Rating - 75%
    2   1   1
    Feb 27, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    Ive had a pt111 9mm millenium pro and a pt92 and both guns shot like their $500+ counterparts.Although when I went to sell them I couldn't get next to nothing for them.Good guns low resale value

Ghostrider

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2009
    Mishawaka
    I purchased a new Tauris pT709 Slim a few weeks back. I'll be heading out to the range this weekend to break it in. If it shoots as good as it feels in my hand, it's going to be a great pistol.

Lastshot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    United States of Merica
    I looked at the pt1911. BUT i got really bad feedback on Taurus's Customer service, so I steered away. Otherwise, I think Taurus is OK. I am just old fashioned and if the CS is poor, I feel that there are other problems with the company. :dunno:

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    I looked at the pt1911. BUT i got really bad feedback on Taurus's Customer service, so I steered away. Otherwise, I think Taurus is OK. I am just old fashioned and if the CS is poor, I feel that there are other problems with the company. :dunno:

Buy the gun, start shooting it and don't worry.

Their CS is not as bad as peole rant about, and yes every now and the someone will drop through the cracks but overall they stand behind their product.

I currently have 3 Taurus products, an old PT940 and 7 month old PT809 and a PT1911, never had the first problem with any of them and I've had the 940 for 10 years.

Colt

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    Dearborn County
    A couple of months ago, something drove me to measure the exit bore of the cylinders on my five modern centerfire revolvers. They were three different calibers of Ruger Blackhawks, a S&W model 65, and a Taurus model 85. There were issues with all three Blackhawks and the S&W. There was either a lot of variance between the 6 bores and/or they were too small. The 5 bores on the Taurus 85 cylinder were all exactly 0.3585". Not only were they consistent, but I believe this is a good diameter for a 38 Special.

Top Bottom