• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RH822-A

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 11, 2008
    Pleasant Lake, Steuben County
    I picked up a PT738 last week. I have only put 50 rounds through it, but it shoots good and is pretty accurate at 30 feet.
    PT738.jpg

nate77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Bunker Hill
    I sent my TCP via fedex overnight shipping last Friday (they covered the cost), they recieved it on Monday, and gave me a call to let me know it arrived, and to tell me there was a two to three week turn around time. So far for me Taurus's customer service has been great.

Got my TCP back from Taurus yesterday, I was having FTE problems. Turnaround was 4 weeks and 1 day. They paid overnight shipping both ways, and now that my gun is back it runs flawlessly, even on Speer Gold Dots which were having 2 to 3 FTE problems per mag.

FYI the service order in the box said they replaced the slide.

Last edited:

theboss365

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    PLYMOUTH
    Have two currently, have had others 24/7, 911. Love them trust them with my life. I would rather shoot my .40 24/7 than my buddies glock anyday, plus im not going to be shooting under water anytime soon. lol

nate77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Bunker Hill
    I love my TCP, even though I had problems with it, and had to send it in for repair.

I can shoot it so much more accurately than an LCP, and it is so much more comfortable to shoot. Plus it is much less punishing on the ol hands.

I picked up a PT738 last week. I have only put 50 rounds through it, but it shoots good and is pretty accurate at 30 feet.

kblazer87

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 30, 2009
    Lawrenceburg
    model 66 .357 mag
    model pt22 .22 lr
    model pt111 9mm
    model 941 .22 mag
    model M1911 .45
    model 85 .38 special
    model 608 .357 mag stainless steel
    model 605 .357 mag stainless steel

I am a big fan of Taurus handguns. These are the only ones I have right now. Always looking to add more though.

45acp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 29, 2008
    Carmel
    I just purchases a Taurus 92 with 17 rd mags and was wondering if you CC yours and if so what type of holster do you use?

Anonym

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jun 2, 2010
    Orange County
    I'm late to the party, but I'm joining anyway! I've got a Taurus PT917 that I love. A little large for concealed carry on a daily basis, but I pack it hunting and camping. Love the high capacity magazines and it's pretty accurate, especially with the shorter barrel and slide.

Those stubby 917s have dovetailed sights. Anybody replace them with better sights?

Anonym

chraland51

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Camby Area
    I have a Taurus PT1911, a .44 Mag Model 44 and a stainless steel Raging Bull in .44 Mag that should I ever have to use it to protect myself, it is big enough to use as a club in a close quarters situation after the ammo runs out. I have been satisfied with the quality of all of them and have no problems except an occasional FTF in my 1911 which was probably due to the Chip McCormick aftermarket magazines. I have never had to send any of them back to Taurus for repair so I can not comment on the quality of their customer service.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    :popcorn:Taurus has had the 709 for a week now. I called today to check on it. The Customer Service rep said it was awaiting the attention of the armorers. When asked, he indicated I should expect a one-month turn around.:ugh::popcorn:

Sorry, folks! I obviously forgot to post that I got the 709 back in about a month. Taurus covered all the costs, replaced the ejector, the feed ramp, and the rear sight. It now works flawlessly. I have put about 200 rounds through it of various ammo types. It eats everything—including WWB purchased at Wally World. I am very pleased with this firearm and with Taurus customer service.

BTW, purchased the 709n Slim used from an INGO member and it never worked from the day I bought it until I got it back from Taurus. Taurus saved my INGO colleague from a negative rep.

MAHamlin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2010
    My "new" Taurus PT92. No light rail... perfect! :)

TaurusPT92012.jpg

TaurusPT92013.jpg

A good friend of mine has been carrying a PT92 with him everywhere he goes for four or fives years and has never had a bad thing to say about it (except it's a little big, I guess). In my opinion the PT92's are excellent guns. I almost said "excellent for the money", but I don't think the money enters into it really. They are just great in my opinion.

I carry a PT1911 and love it also.

I know people like to rag on Taurus, but my personal experience has been pretty positive. I did have an issue with the rear Novak site on the PT1911 being crooked, but that was nothing a file and some elbow grease couldn't correct. Taurus offered to repair it, but I didn't want to be without the pistol for 4 to 6 weeks. And for the cost of the PT1911 versus other 1911's, I'm not gonna complain too much if I have to spend a few minutes with a file to get it just the way I want.

Go Taurus! :rockwoot:

MAHamlin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2010
    Don Hume 715

001-7.jpg

002-6.jpg

I use the Don Hume 715 for the Government model 1911 and I think it's great! It was also pretty affordable compared to other setups. For me, I like that it can clip on and off pretty easily as I frequently am places where I cannot carry.

Sweetums

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lake County
    I'm late to the party, but I'm joining anyway! I've got a Taurus PT917 that I love. A little large for concealed carry on a daily basis, but I pack it hunting and camping. Love the high capacity magazines and it's pretty accurate, especially with the shorter barrel and slide.

Those stubby 917s have dovetailed sights. Anybody replace them with better sights?

Anonym

I used to have a 917. I really liked it. I often wondered the same thing about the sights. I'd love to know if there is anything that would fit right off the shelf. I think it's a shame that Taurus doesn't sell the 20 round magazine separate from the 917. I always thought it looked funny in the 917, and that it was a much better "visual" fit for the 92.

jdg0724

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Plainfield
    I have been pleased with all of the Taurus handguns that I own. My first Taurus was a PT145 Millenium. For a short barrel .45 I could not believe the accuracy I was able to achieve with this gun. It is also 100% reliable.

I also have a Stainless PT92 which I like a lot.

Finally, I just bough a Judge "Public Defender", which I love so far. Taurus also has great Customer Service in my experience. I think that they are a great value for the money. I am considering getting one of the new "slim" pistols that they offer.

trigger_happy57

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    indy
    i have an ultra lite .38 by taurus and a pt 1911 which i duracoated magpul flat dark earth with matte black trigger and hammer ect. with hogue grips absolutely love em both. good guns esp for the price

Top Bottom