Oct 18, 2014
    Avon

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Another liberal state voting for a progressive? Tell me it ain't so--I am shocked I tell you!

wvao3b.jpg

Just look at all of those liberal states! Bunch of hippies, I tell ya! :):

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Add up Cruz, Rubio, and Carson's votes in the earlier primaries and Trump would have lost. In conservative true states, he maxes out in the high 30s/low 40s.

Add up my income, my brother's income and my dad's income, and I could retire. :rolleyes:

We'll see if these "true conservatives" will do what it takes to keep Hillary out of the White House in November.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Add up my income, my brother's income and my dad's income, and I could retire. :rolleyes:

We'll see if these "true conservatives" will do what it takes to keep Hillary out of the White House in November.
    :+1: I'll be sure and do my part "true conservative" or not! I am going to see Trump speak on Tuesday so I'm looking forward to hearing what he has to say!

CountryBoy1981

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    :+1: I'll be sure and do my part "true conservative" or not! I am going to see Trump speak on Tuesday so I'm looking forward to hearing what he has to say!

The GOP will continue to lose elections if they keep nominating the NY primary winners.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009

Nope. An agreement is far from an alliance.

I doubt I'm a "true conservative" at least by your measure, but if it's between Trump and Hillary there is a good chance I'm going third party, or not vote for president.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    "Nope. An agreement is far from an alliance."

Does it depend on what your definition of 'is' is? Because speaking for myself (no offense, Hough et al) I love having to parse a politician's pronouncements with a legal microscope to try to discern what they will later claim they really meant. How very Trumpian in a testicleless sort of way

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I will re-iterate that if we went beyond the two party contest I would like to see it go past three to four. If both Bernie and a respected conservative - say Walker - ran it could keep a third party run from being a net advantage to one party in November and hopefully establish a broader range of choices for the future ( what's the threshhold for automatic ballot inclusion, 10%?)

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    I will re-iterate that if we went beyond the two party contest I would like to see it go past three to four. If both Bernie and a respected conservative - say Walker - ran it could keep a third party run from being a net advantage to one party in November and hopefully establish a broader range of choices for the future ( what's the threshhold for automatic ballot inclusion, 10%?)

Interesting... please note, Bug, that I did start that thread a while back. The main premise was that if it came down to Hillary v Trump, the Libertarians would have an opportunity big enough to drive a Mack truck through.

And that unfortunately , they would choose to play with their Johnson and not take the historic opportunity.

Not trying to restart that discussion here. I just find it interesting in light of your comments.

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Just in case anyone is interested Ted Cruz will be in Fort Wayne tomorrow, Monday, May 2nd at the Grand Wayne Center. Also speaking will be Glenn Beck, Senator Mike Lee and Congressman Louie Gohmert.

Impressive line-up and yes, I will be there.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Interesting... please note, Bug, that I did start that thread a while back. The main premise was that if it came down to Hillary v Trump, the Libertarians would have an opportunity big enough to drive a Mack truck through.

And that unfortunately , they would choose to play with their Johnson and not take the historic opportunity.

Not trying to restart that discussion here. I just find it interesting in light of your comments.

Noted. My thought was that a third party would unbalance only one of the two main parties probably guaranteeing a win for the other. I thought a (near) simultaneous third and fourth party - one from each side - might keep any advantage for the two DinoParties to a minimum. This year would seem to have a viable third party that could bud off the dems with Sanders and a rich field of potential fourth party candidates from the reps. It seems to me we could hash out the same least worst candidate election but at the same time double the number of viable parties going forward. Wishful thinking

Top Bottom