• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    The story says something about the kid "dropping the magazine" before firing. Wonder if he actually shot himself, thinking it was empty, and the "tank" story is a lie..

That's exactly what I'm thinking. I never heard of anyone dropping the magazine BEFORE target shooting. Sounds like an idiot who wanted to show off for his girlfriend by "unloading" the gun, and then playing Russian roulette to show how harmless guns are in the hands of a professional operator.

Enfieldno4mk1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    Shelbyville
    Hopefully that idiot "father" has at least some thought going on in his head. If he does, watching his son die is a fate worse than death.

Also, the part about police not being sure if any charges being filed, HOW ABOUT DEPORTING ALL OF THEM! Oh wait, being an illegal in this country isn't illegal anymore.:xmad:

Also notice the father was drinking with his 17 year old son and his brother. Am I missing something or did they lower the legal drinking age to 16 in Texas? I wonder how old his brother is?

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    Yeah, impress the girlfriend:

Drop magazine, meaning gun is now empty, then shoot your brains in to show GF how macho you are. Blame the poor little .380 pill for the bad deed. Better to go in and dig it out of his grey-matter. Where did the pill enter the head? Gene pool is diluted a bit. Pop picks up on a lie to save family grief. Etc. 30,000,000 or so just waiting their chance. Pass the pop-corn.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Seems fishy.

A .380 "ricochets" off a butane tank and still has enough energy to kill the shooter?

That's what happens when you shoot something too weak to even dent the steel, into something round.

Had to be awfully drunk to even consider something that stupid.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    So MSNBC says this:

When she refused, Torres pulled out the gun's magazine and fired a single round into the tank, the paper reported. "He fires one time and shoots himself in the head," Trevino told The Monitor.
    Torres' father initially told police they heard a gunshot and saw him fall to the ground. After some questioning, he told a different story, the paper reported.
    But the cited article says this:
    The teen’s girlfriend refused to handle the loaded weapon, so he pulled out the gun’s clip and aimed at a butane tank, but he “thought twice” about shooting it and instead pointed it at his head, Treviño said.
    “He fires one time and shoots himself in the head,” Treviño said.
    So he didn't shoot the tank at all? :dunno:

EDIT: stirring up a hornet's nest:
    The family has been in the U.S. illegally for at least several years, Trevino said.

LYHTSPD

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2010
    Near Evansville
    Now they will want warning tags on girlfriends stating that stupid young men should not try to impress them.

Hey look at me! I got my 50 posts!

Last edited:

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I think you are all missing the real story, a verifiable case of someone actually dying from being shot by a .380. Prior to this, it was widely held that nothing smaller than a 9mm could kill you. We now know different.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    "You can't fix stupid"?

I would argue that the results of this tragedy were self corrective.

Top Bottom