• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • threedhuntr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 25, 2011
    Howard county
    Hopefully that idiot "father" has at least some thought going on in his head. If he does, watching his son die is a fate worse than death.

Also, the part about police not being sure if any charges being filed, HOW ABOUT DEPORTING ALL OF THEM! Oh wait, being an illegal in this country isn't illegal anymore.:xmad:

+1. He will have to live with that his entire life.

Seems fishy.

A .380 "ricochets" off a butane tank and still has enough energy to kill the shooter?

Interesting thought.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Seems fishy.

A .380 "ricochets" off a butane tank and still has enough energy to kill the shooter?

Turns out your suspisions are well-founded. Click on the OP's link again. The story has been updated. The death occured not from a ricochet, but from a shot to the head. He dropped the magazine but apparently forgot to check the chamber. Put the gun to his head and pulled the trigger. Here's a snip from the OP's link:

Correction: An earlier version of this story based on a report in The Monitor of McAllen, Texas, described the wound as occurring from a ricochet. But Hidalgo County Sheriff Lupe Trevino told The Monitor that the 17-year-old victim aimed at a butane gas tank, then put the gun to his head and fired.

mrp010

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 20, 2012
    Granger IN
    I knew a kid in high school who shot a bowling ball with a .45. It came back and smacked him right in the forehead. It looked like it just broke the skin but it did give him a very minor skull fracture.

Given the target I guess he must have hit it dead perfect center to do that.

Last edited:

fullauto 45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Dec 27, 2008
    SE Indy
    "When she refused, Torres pulled out the gun's magazine and aimed at a butane gas tank, then pointed the gun at his head, the paper reported.
    "He fires one time and shoots himself in the head," Trevino told The Monitor.
    Investigators didn't find any reason to suspect foul play and haven't arrested anyone, but are looking into whether the father bears any criminal responsibility.
    The family has been in the U.S. illegally for at least several years, Trevino said."

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    I knew a kid in high school who shot a bowling ball with a .45. I came back and smacked him right in the forehead. It looked like it just broke the skin but it did give him a very minor skull fracture.

Given the target I guess he must have hit it dead perfect center to do that.

Wow; great shot. Bet he wishes that he was a worse shot.

Top Bottom