• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    A great, pious man. He is far beyond politics, so stop trying to pigeon hole him.

Far beyond politics... Please.. How would he be effective in his job if he was not involved in politics.

I'm the pious guy the little amlettes wanna be like, on my knees day and night, scorin' points for the afterlife. - Weird Al - Amish Paradise

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Far beyond politics... Please.. How would he be effective in his job if he was not involved in politics.

I'm the pious guy the little amlettes wanna be like, on my knees day and night, scorin' points for the afterlife. - Weird Al - Amish Paradise

Do you think a man who serves only God has a concern with whether he sounds like a Republican or Democrat? That amuses me. He didn't come here to change policy, he came to change hearts and minds. You shouldn't trust the media to cover him fairly when you know they don't cover anything elss fairly.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I'm not sure how this pope affects my life any more than a pastor down at the Church of God or the First Presbytarian Church does. He's just a guy that was chosen to lead a chuch by their system. He doesn't vote on the laws that indebt my children and grandchildren and he's not a judge on a court that perverts my country's constitution. He does have an opportunity to influence millions of this country's catholics. Many of which are supporting and championing issues that he is supposedly against and his church is against. From what I've seen (and I'll admit I've avoided much of his activities in real time), he's so far missed those opportunities to admonish and correct the many USA catholics that have gone astray on those issues.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    I'm not sure how this pope affects my life any more than a pastor down at the Church of God or the First Presbytarian Church does. He's just a guy that was chosen to lead a chuch by their system. He doesn't vote on the laws that indebt my children and grandchildren and he's not a judge on a court that perverts my country's constitution. He does have an opportunity to influence millions of this country's catholics. Many of which are supporting and championing issues that he is supposedly against and his church is against. From what I've seen (and I'll admit I've avoided much of his activities in real time), he's so far missed those opportunities to admonish and correct the many USA catholics that have gone astray on those issues.

His stances are the same as the many before him and he is.not changing Church teachings. However, US media frequently covers him in away to make it seem like he is doing exactly what you speak of. I'll admit i'd have loved him to be more blunt in regards to abortion before Congress, but as I said he was not hear politicking. He was here for hearts and minds...tending the flock so to speak

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Do you think a man who serves only God has a concern with whether he sounds like a Republican or Democrat? That amuses me. He didn't come here to change policy, he came to change hearts and minds. You shouldn't trust the media to cover him fairly when you know they don't cover anything elss fairly.

Funny M I didn't mention Republicans or Democrats, you did..
    Nor did I say anything about me trusting the media to be fair with him, again you did.

All I said was how could he be effective in his job if he wasn't involved in politics. Nothing more..
    So please don't enhance or embelish what I write. .

And with full disclosure I have watched nothing on the news about the Pope.
    Nor have I watched the Pope on TV. And personally I could care less what the Pope says.
    Squirrel.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    His stances are the same as the many before him and he is.not changing Church teachings. However, US media frequently covers him in away to make it seem like he is doing exactly what you speak of. I'll admit i'd have loved him to be more blunt in regards to abortion before Congress, but as I said he was not hear politicking. He was here for hearts and minds...tending the flock so to speak

My take on it is he's doing what many other churches are doing. Preaching to the lowest common denominator so as to not **** off and run off any more people out of the pews. Many preach on the stuff we can all agree on -- feeding the hungry, helping the less fortunate, etc. I'm of the opinion church leaders of all denominations need to stand up and start demanding more of their members. They need to teach them how the bible relates to today's cultural issues and stop soft peddling it. The pastors and priests need to do more to challenge their members live their lives as all the bible teaches and not just volunteering down at the food pantry or donating their money to stop global warming or just being nice people..

bulletsmith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Lake County
    The office of pope is blasphemous and abominable biblically in the first place. No amount of apparent piety is going to allow this one to overcome the evil inherent in the office he holds and the doctrines his "church" supports.

I'll bite...

You do understand that the Bible is a collection of works that was assembled by a group of Bishops, under the direction of the head of the church in the East? How is it that the group that contrived the Bible is to be judged by the same?

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    The office of pope is blasphemous and abominable biblically in the first place. No amount of apparent piety is going to allow this one to overcome the evil inherent in the office he holds and the doctrines his "church" supports.

giphy.gif

Top Bottom