• ...and so much more!
  • Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Believe me I want Edwards to be good again. It's very close. But I can't eat half their stuff anymore it's so bad.
    Union jacks is pretty damn good but the only,reason I go to that area is for the track

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    Believe me I want Edwards to be good again. It's very close. But I can't eat half their stuff anymore it's so bad.
    Union jacks is pretty damn good but the only,reason I go to that area is for the track

Edward's sucks and has for some time now. Been there twice in the past 5 years. First was ok,second went downhill and won't even try for the third.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I'm not going to waste my time chasing inferior t'loins in Hamilton county when I can go to Top Notch in Brookston or Union Jack in Speedway.

Heavy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2016
    Tippecanoe County
    Top Notch in Brookston is very good. Wife and I have been wanting one but we've been avoiding the area with the road work going on right outside their front door.

Tick Tock tavern in Lafayette is always a good meal no matter what you get. The fried tenderloin never disappoints.

I've recently discovered that the Checkerboard bar in Lafayette has a really good fried tenderloin too. Nice thickness and well seasoned.

And if your eating at Grindstone Charlie's with a group or family, they happen to have a pretty good one as well.

As a born and raised Hoosier, I rarely crave or desire a tenderloin. Hand me bacon cheeseburger any day. If you want to start that thread I'll cross post here and say, unequivocally, Bub's burgers in Carmel and/or Zionsville is the BEST! With the Southfork bar in Mulberry being a distant but very good second place.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    We moved here about 12 years ago. I met my first tenderloin at a shoot up near James Dean's birthplace. I couldn't believe the size of those things compared with the bun. I also couldn't believe that some guys were ordering two at a time (and no one else with them). I like em.

But, to the OP: You realize that the thread title to the ROW appears to be a gay cruising map for the state?

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Top Notch in Brookston is very good. Wife and I have been wanting one but we've been avoiding the area with the road work going on right outside their front door.

Tick Tock tavern in Lafayette is always a good meal no matter what you get. The fried tenderloin never disappoints.

I've recently discovered that the Checkerboard bar in Lafayette has a really good fried tenderloin too. Nice thickness and well seasoned.

And if your eating at Grindstone Charlie's with a group or family, they happen to have a pretty good one as well.

As a born and raised Hoosier, I rarely crave or desire a tenderloin. Hand me bacon cheeseburger any day. If you want to start that thread I'll cross post here and say, unequivocally, Bub's burgers in Carmel and/or Zionsville is the BEST! With the Southfork bar in Mulberry being a distant but very good second place.

Bub's has some damn fine burgers. Grindstone Charley's can do an excellent t'loin if you select the right store. I like getting the dinner with gravy on the t'loins.

Where are Tick Tock and CHeckerboard?

I went to the tenderloin Tuesday at Alexander on the square in Noblesville last week. They were buy one get one half off. They were solid but nothing exceptional

You need to go to Union Jack or Top Notch with me.

Heavy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2016
    Tippecanoe County
    Tick Tock tavern is on the west side of north 9th St. north of Canal Rd. I absolutely love their country fried steak with sausage gravy, hash browns and scrambled eggs with 'Merican cheese. Just throwing that out there....

The Checkerboard bar is on the south side of Kossuth St. between 15th and 16th Sts. If you get either a burger and fries or tenderloin and fries and leave hungry, then you've done something wrong!

BTW both places allow smoking if that's a deal breaker...

Oh and yeah Bubs kicks butt! They've ruined burgers for me though. All pale in comparison. It's good that they aren't local to me.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    So funny story, I have lived in Indiana around 30 years now, and I have never had a tenderloin yet. I keep meaning to take care of that, but so far it just hasn't happened.

22 years for me. I have no intentions of filling that void.

Freebird01

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    i like me some deep fried pork products but i dont know if it was because of where i had one but this is one i cant really get behind. there again...im from eastern PA and out there we have scrapple... which isnt the cup of tea for a lot of people ive met since moving to Fort Wayne

indygunguy

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    110   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    NE Side of Indy
    John's Famous Stews. They serve a tenderloin covered in stew. It's amazing. And huge. Be careful if you order it at lunch, because you will be useless for the rest of the afternoon.

I know it's not the traditional TL sammich, but dang it's good.

Nojoy621

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 10, 2016
    Crown point
    So you take an amazing cut of meat, cut it thin, hammer The crap out of it, and cover it in breading and deep fry it?

Do do you order your steak well done too?

Top Bottom