• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    So you take an amazing cut of meat, cut it thin, hammer The crap out of it, and cover it in breading and deep fry it?

Do do you order your steak well done too?

Nope. Steaks rare to mid-rare. However, when I was still in the restaurant business, I did butterfly an 8oz filet mignon, pound it out, bread, and fry it just because I could. :)

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Maybe that's why I've never been impressed - all the ones I've had were 1/4 inch or less and dry.

Yeah, you pound on them too much and you have trouble. Also, if you slice too thin, you have trouble.

You have to cut on the bias like you do smoked sausage to get one that is thick enough and still big enough to wear as a hat after it's cooked.

RugerRog

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Indy
    Yeah, you pound on them too much and you have trouble. Also, if you slice too thin, you have trouble.

You have to cut on the bias like you do smoked sausage to get one that is thick enough and still big enough to wear as a hat after it's cooked.

Dont pound your tenderlin too much. ;)

Big Daddy's on the near south side has a good tenderloin, and Bearcats is good too.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    In my small town, the local restaurant here is well known for their Tenderloins. They have actually shipped them to different states. They're pretty good actually.

Scottys Brewhouse's tenderloins are good too.

I need to go back to Union Jack. I haven't had theirs yet...

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    In my small town, the local restaurant here is well known for their Tenderloins. They have actually shipped them to different states. They're pretty good actually.

Scottys Brewhouse's tenderloins are good too.

I need to go back to Union Jack. I haven't had theirs yet...

Yes, you do!

Where do I go for that t'loin in Jamestown and when are we going?

The t'loin at Mayberry Cafe in Danville is edible, but not worthy of a second try.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Yes, you do!

Where do I go for that t'loin in Jamestown and when are we going?

The t'loin at Mayberry Cafe in Danville is edible, but not worthy of a second try.

Let's go to UJ!

Dick and Judy's!

It's been awhile since I've been to Mayberry Cafe.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    Too much Canadian and Chicago influence.

I'm guessing it is the Chicago influence, since those people think tasteless beef on soggy bread is great eating!

i like me some deep fried pork products but i dont know if it was because of where i had one but this is one i cant really get behind. there again...im from eastern PA and out there we have scrapple... which isnt the cup of tea for a lot of people ive met since moving to Fort Wayne

When ordering a tenderloin you have to make absolutely certain that it is an actual hand breaded tenderloin and not a fritter. Some disreputable places try to pass fritters off as fried tenderloin. IMO, those that engage in that kind of deception should be drawn and quartered then have their various and sundry pieces posted around their establishment as a warning to others that might consider committing such a heinous crime in the future.

So you take an amazing cut of meat, cut it thin, hammer The crap out of it, and cover it in breading and deep fry it?

Do do you order your steak well done too?

No wonder you go by No joy, if you can't appreciate a good fried tenderloin, jager schnitzel, country fried steak, or anything else the like of those delicacies.

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    I'm guessing it is the Chicago influence, since those people think tasteless beef on soggy bread is great eating!

When ordering a tenderloin you have to make absolutely certain that it is an actual hand breaded tenderloin and not a fritter. Some disreputable places try to pass fritters off as fried tenderloin. IMO, those that engage in that kind of deception should be drawn and quartered then have their various and sundry pieces posted around their establishment as a warning to others that might consider committing such a heinous crime in the future.

No wonder you go by No joy, if you can't appreciate a good fried tenderloin, jager schnitzel, country fried steak, or anything else the like of those delicacies.

Nothing makes me madder then a fake frozen country fried steak!

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Belly Buster's tenderloin at the Lawrence County Fair---it's what was for dinner tonight (that and roasted corn by the Fayetteville Lions Club). Now that's some good eatin'!

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    One of my favorite tenderloins is at a restaurant called Erika's Place in downtown Westfield. Its pretty dang good and usually end up getting it even when we show up there for breakfast

Motomechanic45

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2016
    Plainfield
    I hate traveling on the east side but just off 465 on Shadeland is a little place called tye die grill, by far the best tenderloin I've ever had, they only sell on Tuesdays and gotta order before noon or no garuntees of getting one

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    We ate at Taxman in Bargersville last weekend. The t'loin there is pretty darn tasty. I'm a sucker for a good tenderloin (along with fish tacos) and will order one if it's on the menu wherever we go. Whiskey River BBQ in Waverly has a good one as well.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    I hate traveling on the east side but just off 465 on Shadeland is a little place called tye die grill, by far the best tenderloin I've ever had, they only sell on Tuesdays and gotta order before noon or no garuntees of getting one

The Tie Dye Grill is pretty good but the last time I was there, they were serving tenderloin every day.

Top Bottom