• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Yeah it’s gotta be complicated as heck figuring out air supply. The water has gotta be murky.

They seem to have brought oxygen tanks by the truck load.

Just to complicate the process there will be full, partially full and depleted tanks at the various staging areas. Keeping them all marked,, measured, inventoried and segregated with lots of volunteers/professionals from different groups with different protocols will be a logistical nightmare.

Hoping for a happy ending for all involved.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Just saw a little thing on my imgur.com home page that a retired Thai Navy SEAL died trying to help the trapped kids.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I haven't researched it much - but how deep under ground is the room where they're trapped? Anyone come across that information?

Also: Paging Shibumiseeker

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    From the article Sylvain posted:

4E05BFA500000578-5930075-image-a-3_1531058180141.jpg

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    It looks like some of the guys may be using re-breather equipment, if that's so then at no point would they be very far below the surface. Being able to use re-breathers would simplify the tank issues. based on the map at the lower left (not to scale or for planning purposes) that looks to be the case.

I've done a fair amount of deep/decompression/cave/rescue diving in the past...it is not a place for amateurs if on a rescue. Panicked people underwater will kill you. Much of your attention will be devoted to trying to keep them from killing you while saving them. The earlier Valium option might be viable.

GlockRock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    According to CNN, only about 1/4 of the cave is actually underwater enough that they have to dive. The rest is walking.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I'll wait until it's all over and done, then ask Shib what was all involved and how it worked.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Yay! Now put a warning sign at the entrance that says you may die if you go further...I've been places like that before. Personal responsibility, the right equipment and training tend to be necessary to survival.

A soccer team coach and his team probably don't qualify...maybe the coach should be paying for the rescue expense if appropriate warnings were posted. :twocents:

Top Bottom