That STUPID Chinese throwing star thing.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Back in the 70s, my best friend was trying them out and wacked himself in the worst place possible.
    It was funny, for me.

I've seen a lot of elbows, forearms, and shins, knees, delicate bits, heads, etc. get whacked pretty good. However, the best of the best is the first time someone who doesn't understand physics hits something that won't move with them. The look on their face after they regain consciousness from having it bounce off of a tree and rebound into their head is priceless.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    I had an associate who was really good with chuks, we used to argue regularly about which was better...the staff or the chucks. One day it was fight time to see. After he woke up he agreed.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I had an associate who was really good with chuks, we used to argue regularly about which was better...the staff or the chucks. One day it was fight time to see. After he woke up he agreed.

So did he get clocked by you or by himself?

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    It should have been fixed when they repealed the switchblade law, but for some reason wasn't. That throwing star statute is widely considered to be a joke within law enforcement, although I did once see someone with a conviction on their record for it.

I have been talking to a local representative about some legislation, I will mention it to him and see what his thoughts are.

I emailed a couple others, who both agreed the thing is ridiculous.

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    The Chinese Stars cant be anymore dangerous than a Kabar USMC Knife, or even an opened Buck 110. stars are Still illegal by statute. I have seen Kukri Knives too, carried on belts or packs. I guess the general public is at extreme danger about those throwing stars. Crazy law. I have seen those in flea markets, and wasn't scared. The guy toting a gun with a 16 rd magazine, with a LTCH or retired LEO, doesn't need a throwing star. Hes got his defense handled. The switch blade and assisted opening knives are legal now. Why waste your $ on a cheap CH Throwing Star and get arrested? Crazy. Get a Tomahawk!

Top Bottom