• ...and so much more!
  • 88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    You'd probably like the CZ P10C. It's about a G19 sized pistol but with better ergos. Once they produce a .40 version, it might even be good enough to get me to part with my G23.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    1. I carry a 9mm because it's cheap, and I want a caliber that my wife can shoot as well.
    2. I carry a Glock because it's the superior platform. :).
    3. I need to train more. Seriously, my training is really lacking. I miss, and it's a lot.

So, for me, I want a carry gun that gives me every advantage to survive. I'd rather have more rounds. I highly doubt I'd encounter more than one threat. My concern is getting accurate hits under stress. Even if I trained more than I do now, I doubt I'll be as accurate. So, I want more rounds to bring the threat down.

So how many times have I offered to work with you on that (all before you were busy with Mini-LM too)? Maybe a dozen?

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Not being a pro shooter, I have always wondered, when people say they miss, what does that mean? They are out of the 10 ring?

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Not being a pro shooter, I have always wondered, when people say they miss, what does that mean? They are out of the 10 ring?

For me, it varies based on what I'm trying to accomplish on a given drill. A miss could be anything out of a 1x1" box during a "find your level", it could be anything out of the A-zone on a Bill drill, or it could be anything that doesn't hit a steel torso at 100y. It could even be a hit that was after a certain par time.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

It is not at all uncommon to see very experienced shooter's missing whole full sized USPSA (human sized torso) targets at close range. The desire to go as fast as possible gets in the way of the thought process that tells you to use your shooting skills and front sight. It is not unlike the cop stories where they dump a whole magazine without hitting anything intended.

This is why it is so important to train under pressure. Professional classes, drills, force on force, competition, etc.
    If you are not failing, you are not training adequately.

Last edited:

sheepdog697

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 2, 2015
    Cedar Lake
    There was a case study in Guns and Weapons for Law enforcement magazine where a city officer got pinned down by a gunman. He had exhausted his duty hi cap firearm and spare magazine. A trooper was the first back up to arrive and he disabled the gunman with two shots from a revolver. The gunman was also using a revolver. Whatever ya got....get good with it.

It is still a nice thing to have at least one more bullet than the bad guy.

well said!

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I will carry my 1911's because A.) they're what I own and 2.) what I'm comfortable shooting. I carry in .45 because I want to steal the souls of any would be attackers. that and they make big booms and big holes. I like big booms and big holes. A water jug drains a lot faster with big holes compared to small ones.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I will carry my 1911's because A.) they're what I own and 2.) what I'm comfortable shooting. I carry in .45 because I want to steal the souls of any would be attackers. that and they make big booms and big holes. I like big booms and big holes. A water jug drains a lot faster with big holes compared to small ones.
    Pfft, i read on the INGO that there are no bigger holes than new modern 9mm holes.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Having some really nice 9mm CZ's we have done the back to back tests comparing the 9's to the 45's.
    8" steel plates just seem to dance a bit more when you beat on them with the 45. Both calibers were ran in FMJ and SD rounds. I might just be leaning as a fan boy but the 45 was the over all winner.

Then we broke out the 10mm 1911 and the 2011..........No contest.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I'll never tell anyone what handgun or caliber they need to carry. That's a choice more personal than how one self identifies (or chooses not to identify at all) sexually. MY choice is single stack 1911's. What you choose, that's on you.

Also, I'm a cheap bastard.... having more than one handgun caliber is just not economical and since I refuse to not have a .45acp 1911, well that makes the choice easy. Never mind that little .38 Rossi sitting in the safe... that doesn't count.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'll never tell anyone what handgun or caliber they need to carry. That's a choice more personal than how one self identifies (or chooses not to identify at all) sexually. MY choice is single stack 1911's. What you choose, that's on you.

Also, I'm a cheap bastard.... having more than one handgun caliber is just not economical and since I refuse to not have a .45acp 1911, well that makes the choice easy. Never mind that little .38 Rossi sitting in the safe... that doesn't count.

I was of the same mind as you. All .45's all day every day. Had a few double stacks but they have found new homes.
    Then I met AllenM. Boy did my mind set change once really exposed to what was now available. 10mm's. Who knew.
    Then I met Birds Away. He exposed me to the world of CZ's. That led to a whole new level of involvement.

Ammo inventory has taken on a life of it's own.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana

I'll agree to most of that. The part I disagree with is if you were born with a penis, you're a male, not a female. Having a penis doesn't make you a man though.

Anyway, carry what gives you the best advantage to survive.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I must be doing it wrong. Carried a 1911 for over 20 years now. I've haven't even used it on one bad guy.:dunno:

Maybe mine is defective.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I'll agree to most of that. The part I disagree with is if you were born with a penis, you're a male, not a female. Having a penis doesn't make you a man though.

Carrying a 1911 in .45ACP is what make you man.

A 1911 chambered in 10mm makes your a superman.

Top Bottom