The 2017 General Political discussion thread, Part 2!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Sorry sometimes I think that's what it comes down to. After all wasn't' it a binary choice between Trump or Hillary. Sometimes you just have to take a stand and make a choice. Blow up what you have, now whatcha you got?

I admit to having held my nose when I voted. It gets tiresome. Also, nobody is talking about blowing anything up but you. I simply stated that a report from the intel services has to be looked at with the same skepticism I look at anything else. What's their angle? What outcome are they pursuing?

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    I admit to having held my nose when I voted. It gets tiresome. Also, nobody is talking about blowing anything up but you. I simply stated that a report from the intel services has to be looked at with the same skepticism I look at anything else. What's their angle? What outcome are they pursuing?

I have no problem with healthy skepticism, it just seems as though there are too many out there who want too discount it as being false just like those who yell Fake News.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    It appears that yet again today the White House Press Briefing will be held off camera. Another day and another loss with regards to transparency and our free society. They work best in the dark.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I have no problem with healthy skepticism, it just seems as though there are too many out there who want too discount it as being false just like those who yell Fake News.

Virtually all of it is tilted in one direction or the other. Everyone has an ax to grind, everyone has a rice bowl to protect. To take a report from any government entity at face value is incredibly naïve.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Virtually all of it is tilted in one direction or the other. Everyone has an ax to grind, everyone has a rice bowl to protect. To take a report from any government entity at face value is incredibly naïve.

So everything is debateable. We just can't trust anyone or anything. So in the meantime where does that leave us? So in other words we just do nothing? Oh that's right, in the meantime we can attack each other instead.

Last edited:

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    So everything is debateable. We just can't trust anyone or anything. So in the meantime where does that leave us? So in other words we just do nothing? Oh that's right, in the meantime we can attack each other instead.

That's going to happen regardless. What we do is approach any information we get, regardless of where we get it, with a healthy dose of skepticism. There is no straight news anymore. All information now comes with bias. It is up to us to get the information from as many sources, from both sides, as possible to determine what elements of a story or a report are based on fact.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    It appears that yet again today the White House Press Briefing will be held off camera. Another day and another loss with regards to transparency and our free society. They work best in the dark.

Thank God President Trump is still tweeting! Straight from the horses mouth! Am I right?!

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

When you take so-called journalists and supposedly apolitical government employees (i.e., the 'intelligence community) which have demonstrated a consistent political agenda, and in the service of this agenda lie and make s**t up, lie and make s**t up, and lie and make s**t up, you reach the point that whenever they say something you just assume that they are lying and making s**t up.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    That's going to happen regardless. What we do is approach any information we get, regardless of where we get it, with a healthy dose of skepticism. There is no straight news anymore. All information now comes with bias. It is up to us to get the information from as many sources, from both sides, as possible to determine what elements of a story or a report are based on fact.

No doubt there's bias, however there's still truth in there. Unfortunately the claim of Fake News is Trumping everything to include any and all truth right now.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Thank God President Trump is still tweeting! Straight from the horses mouth! Am I right?!

43cf632a366920c856905dadc3a9e853b58a6e72ad4b44fedb271d0cc9e34f30.jpg

The most transparent Presidency ever........Love it.....

Hey Print you 'member when you and I both said Trump was going to win and we were right????

ye-yea-yeeahh-i-remember-that.jpg

Last edited:

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    indiucky said:
    I love how Trump played the "may be recordings" perfectly....I knew Trump was smart but he is now approaching genius level..

Asking again, since my previous post probably got buried in the other thread...

Serious question, are you role-playing posts like this? If so, not like that's a big deal... over-playing a part to make a point or get a rise isn't inherently wrong.

I'm just having trouble deciphering if these kinds of posts are real or exaggerated. We're in an era of INGO (or were) where certain views and behaviors are being disguised as "performance art"... so my curiosity here isn't baseless.

Last edited:

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    When you take so-called journalists and supposedly apolitical government employees (i.e., the 'intelligence community) which have demonstrated a consistent political agenda, and in the service of this agenda lie and make s**t up, lie and make s**t up, and lie and make s**t up, you reach the point that whenever they say something you just assume that they are lying and making s**t up.

Ok, so where's that leave you? Whatcha you going to do next?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    So am I correct in thinking that now govt sources don't have to be believed? I'm seeing that notion repeated in this thread.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom