The 2017 General Political discussion thread, Part 2!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Reminder: No one knows the details uncovered (or not uncovered) by the investigation Comey is conducting. So it is unfair to say what does (or does not) apply. This could be a witch hunt, or Trump could have been recruited by Russia in the 90s. No one outside the investigation knows.

It was Bill Clinton who went to Russia when he was supposed to be a Rhodes scolar in England.

https://www.henrymakow.com/2016/04/clinton-cia-ties.html

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    I thought we had a conversation about this. Must we have it again?

My contention was with saying it's a threat. Calling it a threat is hyperbole. I made no value judgements about that it was a bluff. But a bluff is a 3 or maybe a 4, while a threat is at least an 8. But if you're a binary thinker it's either a zero or an eleven depending on whether you're a Trumper or an anti-Trumper.

Where do you get your numbers from? LOL

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I think Kut had a bad hair style in the 90's

So the Lorreta Lynch thing might get nasty.
    Note one of the MSM papers released a big story on hod the BHO administration knew all about the whole Russian thing and did nothing.
    Here is a SWAG Muleller may be getting closer to uncovering crap on them?
    I think if we hear more media about how the BHO administration knew about and did nothing. It may be going down that road.

Holder for President 2020

OK, they will have to change the date for next time, but here it is...

Weiner-Holder.jpg

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I think Kut had a bad hair style in the 90's

So the Lorreta Lynch thing might get nasty.
    Note one of the MSM papers released a big story on hod the BHO administration knew all about the whole Russian thing and did nothing.
    Here is a SWAG Muleller may be getting closer to uncovering crap on them?
    I think if we hear more media about how the BHO administration knew about and did nothing. It may be going down that road.

Holder for President 2020

You'd be wrong. I may wanted various bad hairstyles in my youth, but my parents had the good sense to forbid such nonsense. No jheri curl, no high flat top, no flock of seagulls (if I could)... just the standard low cut fade.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Reminder: No one knows the details uncovered (or not uncovered) by the investigation Comey is conducting. So it is unfair to say what does (or does not) apply. This could be a witch hunt, or Trump could have been recruited by Russia in the 90s. No one outside the investigation knows.

I agree. But then it isn't news until it is.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Where do you get your numbers from? LOL

It's jamil's scale of reasonable reaction. It goes from 0 to 11. If every little tweet is maxed out, how can you possibly accurately appraise the truly big, sky falling stuff? So far Trump hasn't veritably done or said anything past 7 or 8. I mean, it's not like he's been caught siccing the IRS on political groups that oppose him. That'd be a 9. Or had the CIA fabricate **** on political opponents. That'd be a 10. Or get caught colluding with Russians to subvert the American political process. That'd be at least a 10, probably 11. Or arrange for his political enemies to commit suicide by putting two bullets in the backs of their heads. That'd be an 11, surely. If any president got caught with sufficient evidence to prove any of that. That'd be a really big ****ing deal, but if everything is an 11, then you'd score it the same as you would a president saying he grabs women by the ***** several years ago. Of course the latter is bad. But it's maybe a 3. It certainly does not rise to the level of treason or murder.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

Personally, I feel like "Yes, we do". If there was anything the least bit damning of Trump, or that could be twisted to seem so, we would have had a leak of it by now. Hell, THE HEAD OF THE FBI ITSELF ADMITTED THAT HE IS A LEAKER

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    So Trump goes to Iowa, and gives a speech saying that he's considering building a border wall that will double as power source, via solar panels, and that it would save Mexico lots of money? The crowd apparently liked that idea, and I'm left wondering how stupid people in Iowa are.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Personally, I feel like "Yes, we do". If there was anything the least bit damning of Trump, or that could be twisted to seem so, we would have had a leak of it by now. Hell, THE HEAD OF THE FBI ITSELF ADMITTED THAT HE IS A LEAKER

My point exactaly.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    So Trump goes to Iowa, and gives a speech saying that he's considering building a border wall that will double as power source, via solar panels, and that it would save Mexico lots of money? The crowd apparently liked that idea, and I'm left wondering how stupid people in Iowa are.

But you're fine with Solyndra where money was handed to political supporters for absolutely nothing in return?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    But you're fine with Solyndra where money was handed to political supporters for absolutely nothing in return?

What do I, and a position you have no information on, have to do with Iowa, a wall, Trump, solar panels, and saving Mexico money?

Kut's (hounds aren't fooled by the pungent fish)

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central

Nothing new, he attracts a lot of looney tunes. He's got rabid idiot fans like the guy who spent the night waiting in line just so he could be first in line. They let him introduce Trump at the same rally and as it turns out that same guy has life size cardboard cut out of Trump which he salutes every morning.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

I would say not very....I remember a President saying if elected we "will remember as the day the waters of the oceans would stop rising" and people cheered like mad....

I never thought they were stupid however...Maybe a little naive but I never questioned their intelligence...They seemed earnest in their belief....

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

No dumber than a large portion of our population that think solar is a viable power source.
    They are wrong of course but once the :koolaid: is consumed well.....:dunno:

I am seeing acres of land covered in solar panels with so little energy is return.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Nothing new, he attracts a lot of looney tunes. He's got rabid idiot fans like the guy who spent the night waiting in line just so he could be first in line. They let him introduce Trump at the same rally and as it turns out that same guy has life size cardboard cut out of Trump which he salutes every morning.

Must be a millenial thing

https://www.cnet.com/news/lines-start-forming-for-iphone-6s-days-before-launch/

Lines start forming for iPhone 6S days before launch

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010

Stuff like this (if true) is why I, sometimes, love Trump. It's like he's got SNL writers. You poke fun at the alternative energy hacks, while talking an issue your supporters like. The anti- people don't even realize they're being punked.

Are there going to be organic vegetables planted alongside it? Is it going to provide summer jobs for transgendered, inner-city youth? This is the most entertainment I've had from a President in a long time.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom