Not open for further replies.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Wow you really hate the President.

I wonder how he even survived 71 years and was somewhat successful. You would think he would have been ran over by a bus or something. I guess what more puzzling is how did he make any money?

Warren 2020

He's pretty successful at what he does. He's a very good Con Man.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    We need to ask if that is something Andrew Jackson did as well....Another smart move by Trump.....

It only further denies his critics the ability to further critic him. With his approval rating in the dump he's trying to further hide those things.

Yeah, it's a GIGANTIC LOSS for transparency. No one, No one in a free society should be able to hide or conceal what they are doing in the dark.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    The problem in the end is you still have something that doesn't work. In fact in this case he may very well be making just a big GIGANTIC MESS!!

In the meantime we have yet another White House Press Brief where live coverage is banned.

Let's say that you are right about this. In that case, why should I not prefer something that doesn't work that I can live with as opposed to something that doesn't work that is actively hostile to me?

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    It only further denies his critics the ability to further critic him.

I'm a CNN/MSNBC guy and I have seen NO decline in his critics' ability to criticize him...They seem to really enjoy it...The press should be happy after 8 years of waxing Obama's boogie board to finally have a president they can hate....

Democrats were right...Trump did make America hate again...The problem is...They are the ones spewing the hate and vitriol...Enough so that assassination fantasies are now "art" and one man who "Felt the Bern" decided to take it to the next level...

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    It only further denies his critics the ability to further critic him. With his approval rating in the dump he's trying to further hide those things.

Yeah, it's a GIGANTIC LOSS for transparency. No one, No one in a free society should be able to hide or conceal what they are doing in the dark.
    In the dump? He is above 50%. Obama was below 40% at the same point in his first term.

Trump:
    Gallup Daily: Trump Job Approval | Gallup

Obama:
    Gallup Daily: Obama Job Approval | Gallup

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    So your idea of free press is to have a Democratic President I would agree they seem to have a more open transparent administrations.

warren 2020

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    So your idea of free press is to have a Democratic President I would agree they seem to have a more open transparent administrations.

warren 2020

Of course they have the appearance of more openness/cooperation with the press when the press does the work for them in protecting inconvenient facts that would be injurious to the administration. The press will do things like demanding a Republican's tax records for the last several decades when in a parallel situation they would be asking a Democrat how his kitten and/or puppy dog are doing.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello

I have to admit watching you get apoplectic over this every day is becoming a guilty pleasure.

No press conferences is better than watching the last eight years where you absolutely knew the guy was standing there telling you bold face lies and the press would just not their heads and ask when the President might be available so they could kiss his feet.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Let's say that you are right about this. In that case, why should I not prefer something that doesn't work that I can live with as opposed to something that doesn't work that is actively hostile to me?

Although he might be giving you some things you want, you have to ask if there might be some things he's taking away which might be equally if not even more important. Sorry but these Press briefings where they ban live coverage is troubling if not dangerous. I think more really should be asking why? Not only why but putting their foot down and not standing for it.

Whether you like MSM or not, whether you like the questions they ask or not, and whether you like the fact that the comics are ripping them or not. If they have nothing to hide it's not very difficult to answer questions. If your critics don't like you, so what? If you believe you are right it really shouldn't matter.

Howevr closed briefings and the other various games they are playing are just plain wrong.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    I have to admit watching you get apoplectic over this every day is becoming a guilty pleasure.

No press conferences is better than watching the last eight years where you absolutely knew the guy was standing there telling you bold face lies and the press would just not their heads and ask when the President might be available so they could kiss his feet.

That's cool I get it.

But heck I also wanted to see what was out there. Why exactly anyone in their right mind when buy into the BS. Wow what one can find sometimes.

i have gained a bit of appreciation for the other side, but I still can't believe people are willing to fall for this s***.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Although he might be giving you some things you want, you have to ask if there might be some things he's taking away which might be equally if not even more important. Sorry but these Press briefings where they ban live coverage is troubling if not dangerous. I think more really should be asking why? Not only why but putting their foot down and not standing for it.

Whether you like MSM or not, whether you like the questions they ask or not, and whether you like the fact that the comics are ripping them or not. If they have nothing to hide it's not very difficult to answer questions. If your critics don't like you, so what? If you believe you are right it really shouldn't matter.

Howevr closed briefings and the other various games they are playing are just plain wrong.

The purpose of these is to inform the public. Since the White House Press Corps does nothing but distort the message what good is accomplished.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom