• Status
    Not open for further replies.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Although he might be giving you some things you want, you have to ask if there might be some things he's taking away which might be equally if not even more important. Sorry but these Press briefings where they ban live coverage is troubling if not dangerous. I think more really should be asking why? Not only why but putting their foot down and not standing for it.

Whether you like MSM or not, whether you like the questions they ask or not, and whether you like the fact that the comics are ripping them or not. If they have nothing to hide it's not very difficult to answer questions. If your critics don't like you, so what? If you believe you are right it really shouldn't matter.

Howevr closed briefings and the other various games they are playing are just plain wrong.

I have a hard time getting too upset about putting a brazenly partisan media on a leash. I would be far more upset if they were actually in the business of reporting who, what, when, where, why, and how rather than the business of propagandizing anyone gullible enough to listen to them.

My preference for Trump over Hillary isn't just a matter of doing some things I like, but rather that he is NOT an sworn enemy who wants to eliminate my entire way of life, all while calling me 'deplorable'.

That's cool I get it.

But heck I also wanted to see what was out there. Why exactly anyone in their right mind when buy into the BS. Wow what one can find sometimes.

i have gained a bit of appreciation for the other side, but I still can't believe people are willing to fall for this s***.

Once again, we are left to choose between someone who inspires confidence in some ways but not so much in others (accounting for the fact that he never presented himself as a conservative or really an adherent of any ideology but rather a pragmatist), or a sworn enemy who has nothing for us but a relentless stream of attacks any time she is in a position to hand them out.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    The purpose of these is to inform the public. Since the White House Press Corps does nothing but distort the message what good is accomplished.

If it's to inform then why are they afraid to get on live TV and have the chance to explain it themselves? Your argument makes absolutely no sense in this case.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    That's cool I get it.

But heck I also wanted to see what was out there. Why exactly anyone in their right mind when buy into the BS. Wow what one can find sometimes.

i have gained a bit of appreciation for the other side, but I still can't believe people are willing to fall for this s***.

How funny it will be when you realize that I am not the other side. I'm not a Trump guy. I'm a "call 'em as I see 'em" guy. The MSM is to blame for the lack of press briefings. If they had any professionalism at all they would still be happening.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    If it's to inform then why are they afraid to get on live TV and have the chance to explain it themselves? Your argument makes absolutely no sense in this case.

I'm concerned about your reading comprehension skills. I told you why, they press turns everything inside out with lies and innuendo.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    How funny it will be when you realize that I am not the other side. I'm not a Trump guy. I'm a "call 'em as I see 'em" guy. The MSM is to blame for the lack of press briefings. If they had any professionalism at all they would still be happening.

You mean like telling us who, what, when, where, why, and how rather than feeding us an unending stream of BS narratives engineered to fit a political agenda that, had the election gone the other way, would have left them throwing Team Hillary softballs in press conferences and carrying water for the agenda she would be pushing?

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central

Doesnt matter what side your on. Why are they afraid to get on live TV and have a chance to explain themselves? It's not fake news when they themselves are speaking. It's not coming from unknown sources when they themselves have a chance to explain it.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    You mean like telling us who, what, when, where, why, and how rather than feeding us an unending stream of BS narratives engineered to fit a political agenda that, had the election gone the other way, would have left them throwing Team Hillary softballs in press conferences and carrying water for the agenda she would be pushing?

'zactly right, sir.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Are you talking about Trump's narratives, or excluding them?

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Doesnt matter what side your on. Why are they afraid to get on live TV and have a chance to explain themselves? It's not fake news when they themselves are speaking. It's not coming from an unknown source when they themselves have a chance to explain it.

Man, let me explain this one more time....slowly.....They don't get a chance to explain anything. The MSM takes anything they say and twists it like a freaking pretzel. They more or less put up with it for a few months and now, not so much. The press corps is in the house of the people and they act like rabid dogs. I say put them out with the trash.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Johnson, Lee, Paul, and Cruz on the Senate bill

DC8cTx1XkAA8pAn.jpg:large

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Man, let me explain this one more time....slowly.....They don't get a chance to explain anything. The MSM takes anything they say and twists it like a freaking pretzel. They more or less put up with it for a few months and now, not so much. The press corps is in the house of the people and they act like rabid dogs. I say put them out with the trash.

Thats a bunch of crap and a gigantic excuse. Ok, so the media twists s****. I watch the live brief so I can see what actually comes directly from their mouth. So far all I've seen is an inept Administration with a bunch of liers. And none of that came from anyone but those who actually did the speaking.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Are you talking about Trump's narratives, or excluding them?

You expect politically engineered narratives out of politicians. I can accept that. What I cannot accept is the MSM screaming like smashed cats over not having unlimited access when almost all significant participants other than Fox News have been flagrantly acting as agents of the progressive movement and/or Democratic Party.

One wonders what happened to all that objectivity they talked about for decades while at least going to the trouble to avoid the appearance of being the agents of the political left that they actually were.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Thats a bunch of crap and a gigantic excuse. Ok, so the media twists s****. I watch the live brief so I can see what actually comes directly from their mouth. So far all I've seen is an inept Administration with a bunch of liers. And none of that came from anyone but those who actually did the speaking.

Been watching Josh Earnest's greatest hits?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Tell 'em boys. We want a repeal bill! Not some watered down Obamacare...

Johnson, Lee, Paul, and Cruz on the Senate bill

DC8cTx1XkAA8pAn.jpg:large

--------------------------------------------------

Wait a minute...

...why aren't we talking about Russsia, Russsia, Russsia???

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom