• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Have fun with your rifle, and don't let the internet tell you not to.

As far as the holster-less pocket carry.... Maybe this subject has been researched and hashed out already by others on this forum. I look at it this way: only a friend will tell you you've got a booger hanging out your nose. That isn't elitism, just a piece of friendly advice. Also, if you do have an ND in that manner, you can't be sure you will be the only one hurt. I hope you aren't sitting behind my family when that happens.

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    Hi GGreen,

It certainly seems like you are speaking from a wealth of experience and knowledge when it comes to firearms. I definitely have appreciation for anyone who is willing to share their knowledge with others.

what I don't appreciate, however, are arrogant people who believe that they are superior to others, and because of this they are entitled to berate, lecture, and otherwise enlighten others with their unsolicited obnoxious opinions, site supporter or otherwise.

Yes, it is my leg, it is my medical costs, and it is my shame, but most importantly, it's none of your business.

If you can't just join in and have fun then please move on to the next post, otherwise your comments are welcome.

Wrong. It is very much our business. If and when you do something patently STOOOPID (like a gun in a pocket and no holster!) and you shoot yourself, or someone else, God forbid, it is a poor reflection not just on you but on the whole community. So...yeah. And if you admit to doing silly things here YES we are going to discuss it. And yes, many people have confessed various sins here. If your skin is so fragile you cannot own your mistakes this is not the place for you.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    what I don't appreciate, however, are arrogant people who believe that they are superior to others, and because of this they are entitled to berate, lecture, and otherwise enlighten others with their unsolicited obnoxious opinions, site supporter or otherwise.

Yes, it is my leg, it is my medical costs, and it is my shame, but most importantly, it's none of your business.

If you can't just join in and have fun then please move on to the next post, otherwise your comments are welcome.

Ggreen gave a thoughtful and courteous response and you call it arrogant and obnoxious? Mmmkay.

I look at it this way: only a friend will tell you you've got a booger hanging out your nose. That isn't elitism, just a piece of friendly advice. Also, if you do have an ND in that manner, you can't be sure you will be the only one hurt. I hope you aren't sitting behind my family when that happens.

Bingo.

JimmieG

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2017
    South Bend
    This is a public forum. If you want to put out there something that is all around unsafe with a legacy of documented injuries and negligent discharges expect some push back. Grow a spine and take positive criticism. No one got sarcastic or had a poor attitude until you popped off with a sarcastic comeback to some sound advice. Everything you type on here is subject to others posting back on. You started this thread with intentions of validating your against the grain choices and you will likely not find that validation here. Your original post is the same one that gets posted on any number of gun forums everyday and always has the exact same pushback. I did not put you down because of your choices in firearms, in fact I gave you a couple places to watch for trouble on your budget rifle. Anyone that thinks it's cool to carry in their pocket without a holster is a fool. I did not make an arrogant comment, your very first post is probably the most arrogant post in the thread. I couldn't give a @#(! care less if you carry with one in the chamber or not. I honestly do not care if you do shoot yourself in the leg, it affects my life in no way.

But don't come onto a firearms forum expecting validation with every post, especially when you are trying to attack the general consensus when it comes to quality or carry methods. We all have a lot to learn and posts that validate stupidity may be the first one that pops up on a web search of someone who is actually seeking sound advice.

Ok, so at what point did I even appear to attack a general concensus on anything? I merely made a comment in passing and you felt it your duty to jump in and lecture me about it where it truly was none of your business. You know, if I were touting the wonderful benefits of pocket carry, or proclaiming how safe it is, yeah, I could see your response, but I clearly wasn't taking that position. I even tried to ignore your first comment and move on, but you still felt the need to belittle and lecture. If you hadn't come across as such an arrogant know-it-all I would have thanked you and gone my merry way.

Nobody got sarcastic? Did you even read your response to me? It was nothing but sarcasm. Look at my other posts here and tell me if you see me making sarcastic comments to anyone else.

Take a que from churchmouse. He had plenty to say to me without once being insulting or condescending. It's all in the delivery.

Again, thanks for your input.

JimmieG

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2017
    South Bend
    Ggreen gave a thoughtful and courteous response and you call it arrogant and obnoxious? Mmmkay.

Bingo.

Thoughtful and courteous?? Did you even read his response?

Whatever grease... I'll take honest criticism, and respect it. But there was nothing courteous about the way I was spoken to. I won't sit back and accept that from anyone.

But thank you for your input too.

JimmieG

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2017
    South Bend
    Listen everyone...

1. I do NOT condone pocket carry. I'm not in favor of pocket carry in general.

2. I made a passing comment about occasionally carrying a cheap pistol in my pocket to make a point related to beaters.

3. This thread is about my crappy AR that makes me happy, not about cheap pistols or pocket carry or blowing my own foot off.

4. If I offended anyone then I'm sorry. Unless you present your argument in a condescending demeaning manor, then I will offend you again.

5. Remember, in any area of life, work, love, family, friends, etc. it's always all in the presentation. I can sit for being called all manner of things, and even thank you for it, if you present it right.

6. So can we do the Rodney King thing, and all just get along?

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    I knew this thread was gonna be good....

I'm often one of the first to speak up in defense up budget AR's. I think they definitely have a place and I even recently went slumming and got my own.

Having said that.....I still shy away from and won't ever recommend an AR-15 in 7.62x39.

I'd have to see one actually run, keep running for many rounds and not break.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Listen everyone...

2. I made a passing comment about occasionally carrying a cheap pistol in my pocket to make a point related to beaters.

3. This thread is about my crappy AR that makes me happy, not about cheap pistols or pocket carry or blowing my own foot off.

4. If I offended anyone then I'm sorry. Unless you present your argument in a condescending demeaning manor, then I will offend you again.

5. Remember, in any area of life, work, love, family, friends, etc. it's always all in the presentation. I can sit for being called all manner of things, and even thank you for it, if you present it right.

Nice hypocritical, condescending, racist, elitist all packaged into a single post.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Listen everyone...

:popcorn:

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Listen everyone...

You're going to fit right in.

JimmieG

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2017
    South Bend
    I knew this thread was gonna be good....

I'm often one of the first to speak up in defense up budget AR's. I think they definitely have a place and I even recently went slumming and got my own.

Having said that.....I still shy away from and won't ever recommend an AR-15 in 7.62x39.

I'd have to see one actually run, keep running for many rounds and not break.

Now THERE'S the response I was waiting for lol.

I can't debate it with you. I did say I really wanted an AK but this was what I could afford. Only time will tell whether or not it actually holds up.

The funny part is that I wasn't even interested in AR's, I never liked them and always wanted a more traditional looking rifle. The only reason I went this route was because of the price, I couldn't find the AK that I really wanted to own at a price I could afford. That's why my AR is in 7.62x39.

I do have to say though, now I see AR's in a whole different light. The first time I tore it down and realized how modular this platform is, and all the cool things that can be done with it, I finally had that AR "ah-ha" moment.

This cheap AR might just be the beginning of something big for me.

JimmieG

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2017
    South Bend
    Nice hypocritical, condescending, racist, elitist all packaged into a single post.

Says the arrogant, puffed up self-inflated know-it-all.

I'm trying to make nice here and move beyond our disagreement, but I guess I hurt your little feelings and you need to keep lashing out. So I'll be the one to put on the big boy pants and let this drop.

Say what you will, I'm graciously allowing you the last word on this.

Top Bottom