• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Says the arrogant, puffed up self-inflated know-it-all.

I'm trying to make nice here and move beyond our disagreement, but I guess I hurt your little feelings and you need to keep lashing out. So I'll be the one to put on the big boy pants and let this drop.

Say what you will, I'm graciously allowing you the last word on this.

All right fellas. This stops right now. Get it.

No more. JimmieG....I think you need to settle down and deflate a notch. You are new and beyond the name calling this can be part of response one might get.If it crosses the line I will step in. Your last response well crossed the line. Nuff said for tonight.

Ggreen...let it go please.

Carry on or stand down.

JimmieG

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2017
    South Bend
    All right fellas. This stops right now. Get it.

No more. JimmieG....I think you need to settle down and deflate a notch. You are new and beyond the name calling this can be part of response one might get.If it crosses the line I will step in. Your last response well crossed the line. Nuff said for tonight.

Ggreen...let it go please.

Carry on or stand down.

church, consider me deflated, but now I have you why do I get the the lecture or threat or whatever this is and he gets a "let it go please" when his comments were just as caustic as mine and he did just as much name calling as I did, only I didn't call anyone a racist, which I take very seriously.

being the new guy here doesn't make me wrong, does it?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    church, consider me deflated, but now I have you why do I get the the lecture or threat or whatever this is and he gets a "let it go please" when his comments were just as caustic as mine and he did just as much name calling as I did, only I didn't call anyone a racist, which I take very seriously.

being the new guy here doesn't make me wrong, does it?

No but he already knows.
    I read the entire thread and find you were a bit thin skinned. I saw him give the standard Ingo speech on pocket carry. One that gets repeated many times in the course of a month depending on the topic. It was not belittling in any way. If you (and you did by your response) saw it as such then only time here can get you acclimated. We are all safety NAZI's in the highest order. I agree that delivery is everything. Responses are as well.

How do you know I have not already sent a PM to settle him down. Being the new guy I do not know you well at all. Ggreen has a presence that most of us understand.
    Lets close with no more names.

JimmieG

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2017
    South Bend
    Just out of curiosity why did you want 7.62 jimmie?

i think partly because I had been wanting an ak for so long and I researched the round to death. I like the ballistics, it met all my requirements, and I have friends who want to teach me to hunt so I figured I'd cover that too in the same rifle.

Plus the ammo is abundant and cheap if you go the steel route. I have a friend with a beautiful 556 that he never shoots because he can't afford to, i didn't want that to be me.

Maybe not great reasons to the experienced AR guy, but it all made senswvti me.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Ron White once said that as he was being arrested the officer told him he had the right to remain silent but Ron said he didn’t have the ability.

I hope that doesn't repeat itself here.

Vamptepes

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 20, 2013
    Eagledale
    Not sure how you can't afford to shoot 5.56 when it is sometimes only one cent more then x39. Unless he is babying it and only feeding it what he believes to be premium ammo.

JimmieG

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2017
    South Bend
    No but he already knows.
    I read the entire thread and find you were a bit thin skinned. I saw him give the standard Ingo speech on pocket carry. One that gets repeated many times in the course of a month depending on the topic. It was not belittling in any way. If you (and you did by your response) saw it as such then only time here can get you acclimated. We are all safety NAZI's in the highest order. I agree that delivery is everything. Responses are as well.

How do you know I have not already sent a PM to settle him down. Being the new guy I do not know you well at all. Ggreen has a presence that most of us understand.
    Lets close with no more names.

I disagree with part of your response, but you're right, I don't know what you did via pm.

I can accept what you've said here and consider it all water under the bridge.

Thank you for taking the time to clarify.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2016
    Bloomington
    i think partly because I had been wanting an ak for so long and I researched the round to death. I like the ballistics, it met all my requirements, and I have friends who want to teach me to hunt so I figured I'd cover that too in the same rifle.

Plus the ammo is abundant and cheap if you go the steel route. I have a friend with a beautiful 556 that he never shoots because he can't afford to, i didn't want that to be me.

Maybe not great reasons to the experienced AR guy, but it all made senswvti me.

I hear ya, i usually dont pair hunting and AR in my head but i can see the appeal. I think i would of snagged an SKS. I do agree 5.56 ammo prices make it hard to shoot often. Good luck with the hunt!

JimmieG

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2017
    South Bend
    Not sure how you can't afford to shoot 5.56 when it is sometimes only one cent more then x39. Unless he is babying it and only feeding it what he believes to be premium ammo.

I imagine that's probably the case with him. I don't think he'd ever consider steel case. For me, I had enough reasons to go 6.62x39 that I didn't really look into 556/223. But I did find myself saying out loud to a friend "if I got a 556 upper, that's not really like buying a whole new gun, right?"

apparently I can talk myself into just about anything when it comes to guns so who knows...

Last edited:
    Top Bottom