• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I watched a guys wife or girlfriend run one into the wall at Groovy Tuesdays. That was sad.

I had already parked my Mustang in shame after getting beat by a CRX.

OK. Was that at Raceway park. Lost the rear tires at the shift and she stayed in it. Drove straight into the wall about half track...???
    If so I watched that happen. I was there with my Biscayne.

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    syclone/typhoon got the corvette guys riled up too. Funny that GMs did so well with turbos vs their own NA models and yet that crowd's so innately averse to turbos and the first to give crap to a turbo car.
    Oh now that is a blast from the past.

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    They were always amazing at the drag strip. Everyone was running open headers making loud screaming passes. Then the GN would go with almost no noise running 11’s or better. There was a guy had three running 12’s, 11’s and 10’s at Muncie Dragway.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    A friend that lives down the street has got a pristine example. It is immaculate. Only down side is the engine is on a stand next to he car. It is completely re-built as is the trans they just need to be put in the car.

No, he will not sell it. Believe that I have tried.

Yellow Camaro's daughter has a very very nice one. She just stripped it down to bare metal and gave it all new black and clear. They did a nice job on it.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    My friend, I believe, is selling his 86 or 87 Buick Regal Limited. In great shape and well taken care of. Its a Grand National that looksl ike a Grandma car(with the right rims and hood to say 'ummmm, there's something about that car')

Anyway, since there is so much love here...thought Id' throw it out there. Down in SouthEastern Indiana.

I love the cars too. I went the Iroc route rather than the GN route...but a GN is the only thing I'd consider trading it for.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    I was in the Army in 1984 when they first came out. I was in love with them, and had to have one. Only problem was I was 19 and in the Army, and couldn't get financed for one. Picked up a '84 T-Type used in '85. Totaled it in 1986, while I was winning the race. :facepalm:

Sometimes it is amazing we survived our youth.

455 Beretta

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 20, 2013
    WLaf
    My friend, I believe, is selling his 86 or 87 Buick Regal Limited. In great shape and well taken care of. Its a Grand National that looksl ike a Grandma car(with the right rims and hood to say 'ummmm, there's something about that car')

Anyway, since there is so much love here...thought Id' throw it out there. Down in SouthEastern Indiana.

I love the cars too. I went the Iroc route rather than the GN route...but a GN is the only thing I'd consider trading it for.

Where is it listed?

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I had a 1986? Regal T-type when I was a Junior in high school. Not a bad car for a 17 year old kid.

Sold it after about six months to buy my first 1980 Trans Am. This was back in the day where I was changing cars every month.

GN are sweet cars and would love to have one, T-tops are a must have option.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    I had a 1986? Regal T-type when I was a Junior in high school. Not a bad car for a 17 year old kid.

Sold it after about six months to buy my first 1980 Trans Am. This was back in the day where I was changing cars every month.

We did it backwards, I got rid of a '80 Trans Am turbo for the Buick.

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne

We did it backwards, I got rid of a '80 Trans Am turbo for the Buick.

Yeah, it is quite the downer going from the Turbo Buick to the Turbo Pontiac 301. But she was a beautiful black Trans Am and I just had to have her. :)

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    The Buick was the faster car yes...:):
    Much faster. The T/A was a carbureted V8,with a turbo. Total slug. Turbos and carbs don't mix well. The fuel injected Buick would run with my Quinlan built Hurst/Olds.

The funniest part of this trip down memory lane is, my new truck is quicker than all my old muscle cars. :D

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Much faster. The T/A was a carbureted V8,with a turbo. Total slug. Turbos and carbs don't mix well. The fuel injected Buick would run with my Quinlan built Hurst/Olds.

The funniest part of this trip down memory lane is, my new truck is quicker than all my old muscle cars. :D

It is a new world my friend.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN

Blow-thru carbs have come a long way.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

1978 Trans Am. Bought new. 403 Olds turd mobile. I hated that engine. So much that I pulled it out on a Friday night. Monday morning I was rolling with a 427 from a wrecked vette in between the fender wells. That was a fast Pontiac.....:):

Top Bottom