• ...and so much more!
  • Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Nervous and freaked out, too.

Agreed.

Leave it to a police union douchebag to really get to spinning the story. Now we have the hero cop missing the actual target, who was the autistic patient. Seems the autistic patient was going to shoot the therapist with the toy truck and the hero had no choice but to shoot to save his life. Pathetic.

https://photographyisnotacrime.com/...kill-autistic-man-instead-injuring-caretaker/

Honestly I was thinking this before I saw your post. The patient was screaming in a what sounded like an aggressive manner, while waving what looked like a metal possibly gun shaped object. After a call had come in about a suicidal guy with a gun.

Now I'm not saying it was a good/justified shoot. From what has came out so far, I'd say the officer either needs serious retraining or probably fired.

So white guy is who the complaint was called in on, and yet the black guy gets shot. I'd love to hear the 911 call of the person that called in.

Hopped up on adrenalin, I could see him missing his intended target. It's not all that uncommon. And I'd like to hear the call also.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Hopped up on adrenalin, I could see him missing his intended target. It's not all that uncommon. And I'd like to hear the call also.

I'll be honest, my first inclination is that the officer's excuse is spin. And even if it isn't, you better be DAMN sure, if you decide to shoot a guy that's as close to another person as the "suspect" was, that he indeed has an actual gun, and not a toy truck.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Depends, it's certainly not uncommon (noting it was a MWAG call). Someone always needs to back up less lethal with deadly.
    Thanks. I was curious as I saw this happen to someone pretty recently. His soon to be ex-wife called the police and said her husband was threatening suicide. Police rolled up with shotgun and AR ready. I was pretty surprised by the whole thing.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I'll be honest, my first inclination is that the officer's excuse is spin. And even if it isn't, you better be DAMN sure, if you decide to shoot a guy that's as close to another person as the "suspect" was, that he indeed has an actual gun, and not a toy truck.

Why is your first inclination to believe it's a spin? You think the officer targeted the guy that was lying there calmly with hands raised and open, trying to get the other guy to comply. Rather than the guy that the call was on who had what appears to be a metal possibly gun shaped object who is yelling angrily.

I can generally agree with your second sentence.

TangoSierraEcho

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2016
    Monroe County

I agree that this has to be spin. I don't think the police union is helping the situation. So now the officer was aiming for the guy with the toy truck (apparent gun) and the narrative is that he was trying to protect the guy laying on the ground. They just need to come out and say he screwed up or he accidently fired because of stress or something but spinning it this way IMHO is insulting.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    So white guy is who the complaint was called in on, and yet the black guy gets shot. I'd love to hear the 911 call of the person that called in.
    The "spokesman" said the cop was trying to shoot the other guy "but UNFORTUNATELY missed him" and hit Mr. Kinsey (or Kinsley, according to Mr. spokesman).

Eta: I guess it would be better in his eyes for the white guy to have been killed. At least they could say "I thought he had a gun". As if that's reason to be shot!?

Last edited:

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I think about this similar to a guy in special forces in Fallujah. If the spec forc kid pulls the trigger, he's court-martialed and out of the service on a bad conduct discharge (at least).

The guy may be the second coming of Frank Serpico, but it was a bad shoot and he should be kicked off the force for the good of the unit.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    And then there's this shot -

[video=youtube;AHvWaviIXsk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=AHvWaviIXsk[/video]

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Going by all preliminary indications, a bad shoot.
    I'd just like to know why all the focus on the race of the guy wrongfully shot.
    In today's hyped up climate, it must be terrible to be a cop if ever forced into a position of a shoot/don't shoot situation if the assailant happens to be black.
    You hesitate, you die; and if you shoot, even all the evidence in the cop's favor won't help him with the activists to whom facts matter not.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Why is your first inclination to believe it's a spin? You think the officer targeted the guy that was lying there calmly with hands raised and open, trying to get the other guy to comply. Rather than the guy that the call was on who had what appears to be a metal possibly gun shaped object who is yelling angrily.

I can generally agree with your second sentence.

Yes, my first inclination is that it's spin. If you agree with my second sentence, and note that police rarely take shots like that, then it's not a huge stretch. Especially given the victim says he asked the officer "why did you shoot me," and he replied "I don't know." If he didn't mean to shoot the victim, "I shot you by accident," seem the better response than "I don't know."

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Going by all preliminary indications, a bad shoot.
    I'd just like to know why all the focus on the race of the guy wrongfully shot.
    In today's hyped up climate, it must be terrible to be a cop if ever forced into a position of a shoot/don't shoot situation if the assailant happens to be black.
    You hesitate, you die; and if you shoot, even all the evidence in the cop's favor won't help him with the activists to whom facts matter not.

Not sure if srs.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Not sure if srs.

Do you honestly believe that if the therapist had been white that the headline would have read, "North Miami police shoot unarmed white man" or do you suppose it would just say "North Miami police shoot unarmed man"? Or the third possibility - that it would have only been reported on one of the back pages of the local news paper and we wouldn't even be discussing this? Why the need for the racial descriptor if there is not an agenda on the part of the media? Don't get me wrong... I think it was a bad shoot and the cop should probably be fired at the least, charged at the most.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Do you honestly believe that if the therapist had been white that the headline would have read, "North Miami police shoot unarmed white man" or do you suppose it would just say "North Miami police shoot unarmed man"? Or the third possibility - that it would have only been reported on one of the back pages of the local news paper and we wouldn't even be discussing this? Why the need for the racial descriptor if there is not an agenda on the part of the media? Don't get me wrong... I think it was a bad shoot and the cop should probably be fired at the least, charged at the most.

"If"

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland

Not sure what you're driving at with the one-liners.
    Are you saying that only black people are wrongfully shot by cops?
    Sad to say, but if any cop ever needs to shoot to save his own or someone else's life, he had better hope and pray that the guy he has to shoot isn't black, no matter how justified the shooting would be.
    The aftermath of Ferguson has already demonstrated beyond all doubt that facts matter not to the agitators.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom