• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Why is your first inclination to believe it's a spin? You think the officer targeted the guy that was lying there calmly with hands raised and open, trying to get the other guy to comply. Rather than the guy that the call was on who had what appears to be a metal possibly gun shaped object who is yelling angrily.
    Yes, my first inclination is that it's spin. If you agree with my second sentence, and note that police rarely take shots like that, then it's not a huge stretch. Especially given the victim says he asked the officer "why did you shoot me," and he replied "I don't know." If he didn't mean to shoot the victim, "I shot you by accident," seem the better response than "I don't know."
    You didn't quite answer the questions. Do you believe that the officer intentionally targeted Mr. Kinsey? Do you believe that the officer had a ND? And yes to my knowledge police rarely take shots like that, but also they rarely encounter this scenario. And yes "It was an accident" would have been a better reply. But who knows what the officer was thinking right at that moment. Crashing from an adrenalin dump and finding out he shot an innocent man. Don't most police depts give an officer involved in a shooting at least an hour to calm down and collect their thoughts before questioning them about it? Why is that? Perhaps part of the same reason that most lawyers recommend saying the minimum to officers if they are involved in a SD shooting? Hell in a situation like this, lord knows what I would say.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    The NBC Today Show just said the shooter/cop was a "white hispanic"... I think that explains it. Those guys...

But, but, but NBC would never do something unethical, right? Right?
    [video=youtube;72zJvVQWutA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72zJvVQWutA[/video]

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Reads like an episode of southpark. An autistic man with a truck causes police to shoot the black therapist laying next to him on the ground with his hands up.
    Officer Fife should've kept his one bullet in his pocket.

[video=youtube;qbQDRbZCIZc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbQDRbZCIZc[/video]

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Too much going on to make a judgement. From what I've read, there's two theories. Officer twitchy fired unintentionally and hit the guy in the leg is one theory. The other is that the officer fired at the autistic guy and just missed big. In both cases, knowing what police make, I'll just say you get what you pay for.

However, what caused the trigger to be pulled? In this situation, I don't think it was racism. Although, that's what the narrative wants us to believe. I think nerves due to the current political climate and violence toward police had more to do with this than anything. It's a sad day when someone undeserving is shot by police. It's a sadder day when judgments fly in either direction before we have the facts.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

Yes "if". In another thread BBI gave several examples of racial descriptors being used whenever a black person is shot, but those descriptors are conspicuously absent if the person shot was white. Why do you suppose that is? Why not use the descriptors for everyone, or not use them at all? Does it matter? Should it matter?

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009

Better than the one posted above.
    https://photographyisnotacrime.com/...kill-autistic-man-instead-injuring-caretaker/

Too much going on to make a judgement. From what I've read, there's two theories. Officer twitchy fired unintentionally and hit the guy in the leg is one theory. The other is that the officer fired at the autistic guy and just missed big. In both cases, knowing what police make, I'll just say you get what you pay for.

However, what caused the trigger to be pulled? In this situation, I don't think it was racism. Although, that's what the narrative wants us to believe. I think nerves due to the current political climate and violence toward police had more to do with this than anything. It's a sad day when someone undeserving is shot by police. It's a sadder day when judgments fly in either direction before we have the facts.

You forgot one theory, the racist pig shot the guy on purpose just because. Which while I haven't seen it posted here, IMO it's been implied.

Last edited:

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Heya, any chance the officer's AR was the military-castoff 3 shot burst variety? AD goes BOOM-BOOM-BOOM.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009

Although the article itself seems pretty fair and included some new info. Officer was at least 50yrds away and fired when another officer announced on the radio that it looked like he was loading his gun.

Heya, any chance the officer's AR was the military-castoff 3 shot burst variety? AD goes BOOM-BOOM-BOOM.

I was curious about this also.

Possible? Sure...but why is the selector switch on burst?

Good question. Although that maybe how he was trained since the article linked above stated he was a swat officer. Or he just pulled the trigger 3 times.

Stickfight

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Dountoun ND
    Possible? Sure...but why is the selector switch on burst?

Officer safety.

Is there any way that a person could do a better job of communicating a situation to the police than the therapist did? On the video he was clearly shouting that the man was autistic, had only a toy truck in his hands, and that he was the guy's therapist.

It seems the state of police training prepares them for situations like this in no way at all and it would be proper for the department to admit that as part of any 'it was meant to the autistic guy' press releases. Just like with these other unarmed black guy shootings, the police are defeating themselves on the PR front.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    The NBC Today Show just said the shooter/cop was a "white hispanic"... I think that explains it. Those guys...

Typical local fauna in Miami:
    Splainin'ToDo-8x6.jpg

On the "50 yards" comment. Was that a good distance measurement? I thought he was closer. In any event, if you can't hit a fat autistic at 50 yards with an AR, we ought to pull your MAN card as well as your badge & gun.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    LEOSA guns are 16a1s, no 3 round burst like an A2. I've spent a pretty good amount of time behind a number of 16a1s, you have to mean to to get in on FA. Most people can't even flip the selector all the way without removing their hand from the pistol grip unless they have ginormous hands.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    That is a terrible thing to say.

I lol'd.

But I felt guilty about it.

"Well, the colored fella with his hands in the air was yellin at me tellin me the the big guy with the gun was autistic and had a Tonka Dump Truck and no gun....

....but I didn't believe him, so I decided ta plug the dude."

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Is there any way that a person could do a better job of communicating a situation to the police than the therapist did? On the video he was clearly shouting that the man was autistic, had only a toy truck in his hands, and that he was the guy's therapist.

It seems the state of police training prepares them for situations like this in no way at all and it would be proper for the department to admit that as part of any 'it was meant to the autistic guy' press releases. Just like with these other unarmed black guy shootings, the police are defeating themselves on the PR front.

Do you have a link to the video where you can clearly him say that. The ones I have seen you can hear him saying it was a toy truck, and that he was a behavior tech at the group home. Also the officer who shot was at least 50yrs away.

And yes it does seem that some depts are poorly trained in dealing with mental health issues.

Last edited:

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    LEOSA guns are 16a1s, no 3 round burst like an A2. I've spent a pretty good amount of time behind a number of 16a1s, you have to mean to to get in on FA. Most people can't even flip the selector all the way without removing their hand from the pistol grip unless they have ginormous hands.

Braggard. :D (On both assertions.)

Ok. So, most likely he pulled the trigger 3 times. That ain't good if we're going with an accidental shooting theory.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Typical local fauna in Miami:

On the "50 yards" comment. Was that a good distance measurement? I thought he was closer. In any event, if you can't hit a fat autistic at 50 yards with an AR, we ought to pull your MAN card as well as your badge & gun.

When's the last time you've been to N Miami? It's a different city than Miami itself. Here are the demographics for it.
    North Miami, Florida, Demographic Statistics

No idea of how accurate it was, the article just stated police source. On the videos I've seen you can see one officer I'm guessing here 20 yrds +/- away behind a poll. That wasn't the officer who shot him. Have a cite for the closer than that claim?

"Well, the colored fella with his hands in the air was yellin at me tellin me the the big guy with the gun was autistic and had a Tonka Dump Truck and no gun....

....but I didn't believe him, so I decided ta plug the dude."

How well can you hear from 50yrds away? He also just heard on the police radio from another officer that it appeared he was loading the gun. Which is when he fired.

Top Bottom