The [Current Year] General Political/Salma Hayek discussion thread, part 4!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I read something months ago where some WN were now claiming the symbol. Not sure how seriously I take it. Nevertheless, it's quite rare I would think. **** the Cubs for canceling that dude.

Richard Spencer throws it up ALL the time.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqH7_XO-pmo

I dunno. In this situation, there's no one to trigger. Like, I could see that if you were in a counter-protest situation surrounded by liberal thought police, flashing it would be triggering.

But this was pretty subtly, but not SO subtle.

He was just showing off for his buddies watching on TV. This one probably wasn't counter-culture. But it wasn't racist either.

BTW, you don't have to be at a rally to do counter-culture things. It's every day. I do counter culture every day. I do it on INGO. Everywhere. Except I tone it down at work. I do it because **** political correctness.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    He was just showing off for his buddies watching on TV. This one probably wasn't counter-culture. But it wasn't racist either.

BTW, you don't have to be at a rally to do counter-culture things. It's every day. I do counter culture every day. I do it on INGO. Everywhere. Except I tone it down at work. I do it because **** political correctness.

I'm an over 50 white conservative guy. I have no other option than to be counterculture.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Speaking of counter culture, hehe, I get a kick out of my teen aged nieces trolling their parents with counter culture stuff. It is ****ing entertaining to watch. I kinda think they're just doing it to be different. I kinda wish they had a purpose to it.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Ok, let's start with a definition of the Deep State. How would we know a member of that if we saw them? That they don't like POTUS?

Heck, I worked for political bosses I disagreed with at least 1 that is completely contemptuous. I think most Americans have had bosses like that. (Or been bosses like that.) ;)

The Deep State has to be more than just disgruntled employees.

(BTW, IIRC, Strzok favored re-opening the investigation of HRC's emails, so was that the Deep State working against HRC?)

Deep state is, to me, referring to the ideologically aligned that make up much of the US federal government employees. At one time the ideology of those employees was more reflective of the general population but In the most recent election for President their donations went 95-5 to HRC. I once heard a great question in the aftermath of BHO IRS scandal, what if we have reached a point that the employees do not need instructions for what they do to to harm political opponents of their party? I think we are there.

The ideologically aligned do not need direct commands from the President nor his staff to know how to hurt political opponents, they can hear it on TV, or get it on social media from outside sources. John Brennan just asked from his paid CNN gig for more whistleblowers to come forth. They obstruct and delay the Trump agenda at every turn, they leak, and give democrats and allied media inside information. Does anyone believe that type of tactics were used against Obama in any significant way? The 95 will not let the 5 get by with it but it does not work the other way.

The deep state functions because of the ideological alignment and is manifested in the disparate treatment of HRC foundation, email, and server scandals vs any allegation against Trump. The deep state, at minimum, always seems to find the rose when it comes to democrats but it is always a BFD if it involves a republican. Look at all the leaks GWB had. They just hate Trump more because he fights back. They are frustrated that they have not been able to neuter him like they do most republicans

If if it looks like a pig, feels like a pig, smells like a pig, it is a very high probability that it is a pig...

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Ok. Lots to unpack there.

First, the only person blocking an investigation of the Clinton Foundation is Trump. If he wanted to do that, he could.

Second, from whence comes the stat of employees giving more money to HRC than Trump to a 95-5 advantage? I would absolutely believe more was given to HRC than Trump, because Obama was a Dem. Likewise, those people at risk of losing their jobs under GWB probably gave to Romney... or was it McCain? I can't f'n remember right now. Anyway, the point is that people are more protective of their own income stream than they are ideological.

In my experience, the leakers actually tend to be people brought in by the new elected official and they are fighting petty battles.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom