Not open for further replies.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    The problem with this is, he will spend way more finding one he likes verses just fixing one.... That's the way his mind works. :):
    I've been fixing stuff for the past 20 years, I've lost interest in having "projects". I don't mind some routine maintenance or minor repairs. If I have to sublet the work, then I'd just rather get rid of the whole situation. I just don't see the value in things like I used to. My life has become filled with disposable items. You're still very young and positive minded, hopefully you stay that way. I just have a pessimistic view about most things anymore.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I've been fixing stuff for the past 20 years, I've lost interest in having "projects". I don't mind some routine maintenance or minor repairs. If I have to sublet the work, then I'd just rather get rid of the whole situation. I just don't see the value in things like I used to. My life has become filled with disposable items. You're still very young and positive minded, hopefully you stay that way. I just have a pessimistic view about most things anymore.
    Yet you still talk to me? :dunno:

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Just the compacts.

IMG_0649_zpsi3oazsml.jpg

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Can I offer anyone a cola on this hot day?

Got a surprise visit yesterday from a cousin of mine and he had some time to kill. We were bored so I mentioned I had been seeing lot of garage sale signs. So off we went. Couldn't pass this ol gal up. I've never seen an RC cooler in person. We've done Pepsi and Coke ones before. I've been after a 7Up one for awhile. These are not something you want to carry far when they are loaded up with drinks.... They are fun at car shows though.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Happy Father's day!

I picked up an old compact on GB. Someone had disassembled it and couldn't get it back together and had sold it at a gun store as a "box o'gun". The ad said several parts were missing. I picked it up yesterday and other than being very dirty and dusty it was in great shape. Doesn't look like too many rounds have been through it. The barrel was nasty but it cleaned up very nicely and is now shiny and looks perfect. The Wizard gave it the once over and the only parts missing were the mainspring, which we have plenty of, and the mag brake. That should only cost a few bucks and it will be good to go. It is a '93 with the old smaller roll mark. I am very pleased to have it and especially at the very cheap price I got it for.
    That was a heck of a score BA! I'm sure that it will soon become the fantastic pistol it has the potential to be, with the Cajun lov'n that the Wizard will put into it.

:coffee: Good morning again folks.

I have made a decision about project Scarface. I will be sending it back to Buds. I am going to call them tomorrow to get everything setup. I'm also going to do my best to try and get them to not charge me an additional $25 for the return, being that I am a first time buyer. I am going to have them send me another surplus 75. I will inspect it thoroughly this time.

Scarface has 3 issues: very loose front sight (that I can remove by hand) that will need restaked/soldered or replaced, a broken extractor that requires replacement, and a cracked frame that requires tig welding by a professional. With all of the issues combined, this was enough to sway me away from repairing the gun. The idea of a cheap surplus 75, was just that, cheap. Fixing this gun won't be cheap. It will take a $300 gun to at least $450 to make it "functional". If I wanted to spend $450 on a used CZ, it wouldn't have been one of these, just sayin. Like BA said before, this project would never feel "finished" to me.

Like a high priced cheap hooker, Scarface makes no sense to me. It lost it's desire to me when it no longer became cheap. Hopefully the next one that Buds sends me doesn't have 3 things wrong with it. If Buds does send another crap gun, then I will keep sending them back until I get one I like.

I'm guessing that they will scrap it. Hopefully, they will part it out because that barrel would sure be useful to BA on his other 'parts' gun.

I've been working with my latest pre-B and with only a set of springs and some polish, I have the trigger at a nice smooth 2# 14oz. I don't know what I'll do with it from here though. It might just keep on being my ugly gun. I did swap the hammer on it though, using the hammer from my 75B compact. I prepped that hammer by reducing the height of the trigger hooks to just a hair over .020" and squared them with a stone. It turned out really well and saved me about $88 on a new hammer.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom