T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Morning all.

I too lust for a new gun, but with new house stuff going on, the timing isn't the best. Then again, when is it ever really the right time?

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Thank you sir, much appreciated. As many here can attest, life is a struggle, but it beats the alternative. At least now I understand why I'm in so much pain.
    Sad to see you joining us in the daily pain club. Wish it were not so. But, there are some really fine, if somewhat *****y, people in this club. ;)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Thank you sir, much appreciated. As many here can attest, life is a struggle, but it beats the alternative. At least now I understand why I'm in so much pain.

Damnit man.
    I know where my pain comes from and it is not what you are dealing with. All I can say is stay positive if and where you can.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Sad to see you joining us in the daily pain club. Wish it were not so. But, there are some really fine, if somewhat *****y, people in this club. ;)

Well, I've been having pain for a while, so it's good to find out what's causing it. I feel so privileged to be included in such an esteemed group... :):

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    It’s a shame the older we get the more pain we have. I have basil joint arthritis in my left thumb, tennis elbow in my left arm and knee pain constantly but it’s all good. No new guns for me for the time being, I’m having to buy a high price optic for my mark 12 build.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    It’s a shame the older we get the more pain we have. I have basil joint arthritis in my left thumb, tennis elbow in my left arm and knee pain constantly but it’s all good. No new guns for me for the time being, I’m having to buy a high price optic for my mark 12 build.

Yep, nothing much we can do about it, so grin, bear it and keep on truckin.

hANNAbONE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Des Moines, Iowa
    GoodMornin' All : I've been conversing digitally with BirdsAway and he asked if I might get on this thread and explain my current needs for a "local" gunsmith.

I have a CZ P-01 I bought from Snorko [back in 2014 I think], and everything was just fine. I used it as my night stand gun and even Concealed carried for most of the time.

I would shoot it sparingly and loved it (along with my then and now 5-8 other CZ's.) I didn't so much love the actual trigger - as it's too curved for my taste.

Anyway, I had not shot it in a while so I took it to the 600 yard range in Switz. county a week ago and was going to put it through the paces.

Loaded it, racked it, and fired it - nothing. Threw a different mag and different ammo in it and pulled it again...nothing. not even a primer strike.!!

(*and THIS is my GO TO iron..!!*)

I am suspecting a broken firing pin.

So - fast forward a day or two later and I called Cajun GW and got on their list (Late July) for the fix.

I am also doing the SRS-1 & RRK-T2 packages.

This morning I was on INGO and thought that our own BirdsAway would have a handle on a great gunsmith that could easily put together the above packages.

So...he guided me here. To humbly ask for a PM so that my beloved P-01 might get some Cajun love, in time.

(*BTW : I do not have the parts in hand just yet*)

So...please get with me and we'll start the ball rolling down the hill.

TIA

hANNAbONE
    John Hanna
    Versailles, IN

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Sorry to hear of the news WTB, while I can't say that I understand your pains, I do hope you find a way to make everything manageable.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    GoodMornin' All : I've been conversing digitally with BirdsAway and he asked if I might get on this thread and explain my current needs for a "local" gunsmith.

I have a CZ P-01 I bought from Snorko [back in 2014 I think], and everything was just fine. I used it as my night stand gun and even Concealed carried for most of the time.

I would shoot it sparingly and loved it (along with my then and now 5-8 other CZ's.) I didn't so much love the actual trigger - as it's too curved for my taste.

Anyway, I had not shot it in a while so I took it to the 600 yard range in Switz. county a week ago and was going to put it through the paces.

Loaded it, racked it, and fired it - nothing. Threw a different mag and different ammo in it and pulled it again...nothing. not even a primer strike.!!

So - fast forward a day or two later and I called Cajun GW and got on their list (Late July) for the fix.

This morning I was on INGO and thought that our own BirdsAway would have a handle on a great gunsmith that could easily put together the above packages.

So...he guided me here. To humbly ask for a PM so that my beloved P-01 might get some Cajun love, in time.

TIA

hANNAbONE
    John Hanna
    Versailles, IN

I predict you will be getting a PM in short order.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Morning, BA. Where is the best place to pick up the Israeli guns? Just watch gunbroker for them?

Just to entice you...here is a bad pic of a surprisingly good Israeli surplus gun. It’s made the rounds of INGO and must have 1000’s through it. Incredibly smooth and surprisingly accurate.

839bdf18018fdec8dd72843e00747288.heic

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Good morning folks,

Sorry to hear about the diagnosis WTB. It sure does suck to get old. Every time I feel sorry for myself over the shoulder issue, I just need to look at this thread to remind myself how lucky I am to have something easily correctible. There are a lot of strong people in this thread that are working through much, much tougher issues than a torn rotator cuff and the bunch of you are my source of inspiration. Back issues are tough, but you'll get through this and we'll make fun of you at breakfast on Saturdays if you walk like an old man for a while as you do. That's what friends are for :)

llh1956

CZ Wizard
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Lawrence, IN.

TIA

hANNAbONE
    John Hanna
    Versailles, IN

:shady:

llh1956

CZ Wizard
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Lawrence, IN.
    Just to entice you...here is a bad pic of a surprisingly good Israeli surplus gun. It’s made the rounds of INGO and must have 1000’s through it. Incredibly smooth and surprisingly accurate.

839bdf18018fdec8dd72843e00747288.heic

Fantastic old CZ and I have shot this one and it is very accurate with a buttered trigger from many rounds out he barrel! Great example of a CZ Pre-B

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom