Not open for further replies.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I understand arthritis all too well, wt. Best of luck in dealing with it. My doc has me take a Meloxicam (anti-inflammatory) once a day. It helps, but as with all of that class of drugs, you have to be aware of liver damage. There's always a trade off !

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Yes, pretty sure I shot that one also. If only the sights could be easily changed.

I have a bottle of bright orange finger nail polish for its next range trip. After previous input from you and llh1956, it's going to stay "rat rod" style.

The gun has already been handed to a couple non-CZ fans. They look at like its going to fall apart in their hand and then a magazine later hand it back in awe. I think that's kinda fun. Wouldn't have the same effect if it was pretty.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Sorry to hear of the news WTB, while I can't say that I understand your pains, I do hope you find a way to make everything manageable.

Getting older isn't for p***ys I feel blessed to have the good health I do at my age.

Good morning folks,

Sorry to hear about the diagnosis WTB. It sure does suck to get old. Every time I feel sorry for myself over the shoulder issue, I just need to look at this thread to remind myself how lucky I am to have something easily correctible. There are a lot of strong people in this thread that are working through much, much tougher issues than a torn rotator cuff and the bunch of you are my source of inspiration. Back issues are tough, but you'll get through this and we'll make fun of you at breakfast on Saturdays if you walk like an old man for a while as you do. That's what friends are for :)

Dang it WT I am sorry to hear about your pain! It sucks acquiring more years on our old frames!

I understand arthritis all too well, wt. Best of luck in dealing with it. My doc has me take a Meloxicam (anti-inflammatory) once a day. It helps, but as with all of that class of drugs, you have to be aware of liver damage. There's always a trade off !

Thanks all, I appreciate it. Not letting it keep me down. Will be doing what I can and doing my best to stay positive ;)

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I have a bottle of bright orange finger nail polish for its next range trip. After previous input from you and llh1956, it's going to stay "rat rod" style.

The gun has already been handed to a couple non-CZ fans. They look at like its going to fall apart in their hand and then a magazine later hand it back in awe. I think that's kinda fun. Wouldn't have the same effect if it was pretty.

Yeah, that's why I keep the Beast as it is. It is full of Cajun/Wizard goodness but it looks like pure hell. Some folks on here have shot it, I think.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Just to entice you...here is a bad pic of a surprisingly good Israeli surplus gun. It’s made the rounds of INGO and must have 1000’s through it. Incredibly smooth and surprisingly accurate.

839bdf18018fdec8dd72843e00747288.heic
    It actually looks pretty good, considering.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Pic is a little better than in person. I need MM to give me lessons in photography and staging skills but, it really isn't in bad shape. I suspect it spent more time in a box with other metal objects than in a holster.

Haha.... if you're serious, I'd be glad to help. As I was telling KJ during our snowgopolis drive, photography and guitars have been another of my lifelong passions. For a while, I made a living with photography (wedding, portraiture, etc.) and camera repair.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    OK, BA, several comments here.

- WOW!

- WOW that is a lot of race hammers in one place.

- WOW! Love the Beast. Something uber-cool about the look of a well seasoned gun. Wish I had the sights.

- WOW!

- To be honest; there was something about the stainless model that kept my attention (post above family photo)

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    OK, BA, several comments here.

- WOW!

- WOW that is a lot of race hammers in one place.

- WOW! Love the Beast. Something uber-cool about the look of a well seasoned gun. Wish I had the sights.

- WOW!

- To be honest; there was something about the stainless model that kept my attention (post above family photo)

Gosh, I can't imagine what that would be. ;)

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    Good morning to you, sir.
    It was. Almost all are gone now.

Not gone, just inspiring others.

I might the new guy around here but it is clear that your work, Wizard's and CM's has inspired your passion in others. To be impactful and inspirational to others (albeit in an expensive manner...), is a feat not easily mastered.

Personally, I can attest that, if nothing else, you three have cost me a lot of money in the past year (Hopper too, he makes that list, and T-dogg and 88 and WT and...).

Gosh....I just realized you are all a very bad influence!!!!

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven

I might the new guy around here but it is clear that your work, Wizard's and CM's has inspired your passion in others. To be impactful and inspirational to others (albeit in an expensive manner...), is a feat not easily mastered.

Personally, I can attest that, if nothing else, you three have cost me a lot of money in the past year (Hopper too, he makes that list, and T-dogg and 88 and WT and...).

Gosh....I just realized you are all a very bad influence!!!!

How are you liking the P10?

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I'm anxious to shoot the 2.0 after the Apex upgrade. Now I'm debating whether to sell a beloved optic to acquire another gun....or not.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy

Very much agreed. I would have never gotten into CZ's without your influence and generosity in sharing your collection. I have that 75 Compact from you that is a forever gun and have rarely shot anything that compares. You have inspired most of us and we're better for knowing you and your family :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom