Not open for further replies.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    ...I took my P01 out this morning and am wondering why I don’t shoot that one more often. I do think that I need to raise the pull a bit as it’s right at a 2# SA. Too light for carry but it sure does make me smile on the range.

Mine came out at ~2.75# SA and 7.25# DA when I polished the internals and stuffed it full of CGW parts and I agree it is too light in SA for carrying.

I put the original firing pin block spring back in and that raised it to just over 3# SA without a noticeable increase in DA but that still seemed too light.

Then I replaced the CGW 13# main spring with their 15# spring. This raised the DA by almost 1# with little measurable difference on SA. I haven't had a chance to shoot it with that combo yet but I suspect I will go back to the 13# mainspring.

I'd like the SA to be up around 3.5-4# but I don't think I can get it there without increasing the DA which I really liked down at 7.25#.

The only other thing I know to try would be to replace the CGW hammer for a CZ hammer with the sear notch worked over. I bought one recently and will give it a try someday after I stone down the sear notch.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I always have a warmup period when I shoot. My first few targets are always my worst. I get better the longer I shoot. Not necessarily good, but better.

Same here. This is why I usually start with my M&P Compact 22LR.. settles me in and gets me thinking about mechanics a bit, before switching over to the center fire pistols.

On another note, if I were a 1911 guy, this would be interesting... https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ld-1911-combat-blackened-stainless-45acp.html

(and yeah, it was purchased at PSS in 2007... just not by the seller... that part of the ad seems a bit shady, though not technically a lie)

He sure didn't keep it very long... but then I don't see him keep things very long (though not as bad as doddg in that regard :stickpoke:)

where it previously sold: https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...acken-stainless-45-a.html?458971=#post7659667

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Same here. This is why I usually start with my M&P Compact 22LR.. settles me in and gets me thinking about mechanics a bit, before switching over to the center fire pistols.

On another note, if I were a 1911 guy, this would be interesting... https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ld-1911-combat-blackened-stainless-45acp.html

(and yeah, it was purchased at PSS in 2007... just not by the seller... that part of the ad seems a bit shady, though not technically a lie)

He sure didn't keep it very long... but then I don't see him keep things very long (though not as bad as doddg in that regard)

where it previously sold: https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...acken-stainless-45-a.html?458971=#post7659667

Yeah I question that members motives. I have dealt with him in the past.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon

He sure didn't keep it very long... but then I don't see him keep things very long (though not as bad as doddg in that regard :stickpoke:)

The last half of the ad seems like a copy and paste from the original ad.
    That's actually where I got the 1911 that I had and I got it used but unfired as well. Why are people buying and not shooting their guns? Sure they look good, but you got to take them out for a spin too!

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    The last half of the ad seems like a copy and paste from the original ad.
    That's actually where I got the 1911 that I had and I got it used but unfired as well. Why are people buying and not shooting their guns? Sure they look good, but you got to take them out for a spin too!

He reused the picture from the original ad as well...

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Speaking of 1911s...

This has nothing to do with 1911s but when I was holding the G48, it reminded me of Glocks first attempt at producing a 1911. I did not compare it but it felt close to the size of a commander sized 1911 to me. But, this paragraph has nothing in it about 1911s. Only Glocks first attempt at producing one.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    Speaking of 1911s...

This has nothing to do with 1911s but when I was holding the G48, it reminded me of Glocks first attempt at producing a 1911. I did not compare it but it felt close to the size of a commander sized 1911 to me. But, this paragraph has nothing in it about 1911s. Only Glocks first attempt at producing one.
    Hilarious! LOL

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    That 659 though. If I could make it happen, I would pay $275 for it.

1. If it is the same one, I contacted him when It was $350.
    2. It was too much of a drive, plus after processing it here the 5906 came up the winner (he came down to $400 from $500).
    3. My Ruger P95 shot better though, so I saved my money (I will sell the P95 whenever I get around to it since I have the Shadow 2 (being upgraded by the Wizard as we speak, and the Bersa Pro XT competition gun (best alleged out of the box DA & SA trigger).

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    I would want it. Heck if someone bought it, and decided they didn't want it, I would totally buy it from them. Couch* cough*
    Funds are tied up until my g.i. bill and va checks finally come through. Hoping next week. If it's still there I'll probably jump on it.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    When we first got to the range and I tried out my Phantom I couldn't hit anything, then I tried one of MM's guns, then I shot HB's P01 (which I've really been wanting to try one of those) and I couldn't miss with it - Sweet! i Then tried my Phantom again and it was a totally different experience. I cannot tell any difference in how I shot when I first got there versus before I left, but I was finally putting them where I was aiming. The 97 that I tried was magnificent! I'm not sure exactly what all I shot, but they were all fun to shoot, but the ones that stand out were the 97, 75B, P01, and my Phantom - in no particular order. And I believe the 75B and 97 were stock.
    I sure enjoyed meeting MM and HB. Could have easily spent the day with these guys!

We enjoyed your company too, Benp. I'm very happy that you joined us ! :cheers:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom