nwi

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Finally made it into the new thread. Did my Saturday morning breakfast and range trip with 88, then headed out to lunch with the wife before she went to work. Now I have to figure out what to do with the rest of my day... :dunno:

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    The 22/45 is going to a new home today and then I’m having a rimfire cleaning day. Quiet and relaxing.

Having pulled it all out now, I realize I could host a rimfire shoot by myself at this point. I’ve built up a variety: lever action, standard bolt action, straight throw bolt action, semi-auto rifle, semi-auto pistol, revolver. The only thing I don’t have is something in 22 magnum, harder to justify that one against the 17HMR.

Edit: I’m also missing a pump action 22.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Finally made it into the new thread. Did my Saturday morning breakfast and range trip with 88, then headed out to lunch with the wife before she went to work. Now I have to figure out what to do with the rest of my day... :dunno:

1. The perfect day: breakfast out with a friend, range trip with a friend, then lunch with the wife, and now you have time to take a nap and rest up! :laugh:
    2. I've been practically homebound all week sick. I've turned the corner and feeling much better (breathing is wonderful) but not well enough to go to the range or with the wife to Planet Fitness.
    3. Your morning had been more fun than I have in a normal week! :lmfao:
    4. Actually, I got my taxes done yesterday so that was good to get it over with!

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    The 22/45 is going to a new home today and then I’m having a rimfire cleaning day. Quiet and relaxing.

Having pulled it all out now, I realize I could host a rimfire shoot by myself at this point. I’ve built up a variety: lever action, standard bolt action, straight throw bolt action, semi-auto rifle, semi-auto pistol, revolver. The only thing I don’t have is something in 22 magnum, harder to justify that one against the 17HMR.

1. You sold me your .22 magnum awhile back (might have been the 1st time I met you): I loved it: big, heavy, SS.
    2. Little did I realize at the time that we would meet again and again. :ingo:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy

Sounds like it would be an awesome shoot... ;)

1. The perfect day: breakfast out with a friend, range trip with a friend, then lunch with the wife, and now you have time to take a nap and rest up! :laugh:
    2. I've been practically homebound all week sick. I've turned the corner and feeling much better (breathing is wonderful) but not well enough to go to the range or with the wife to Planet Fitness.
    3. Your morning had been more fun than I have in a normal week! :lmfao:
    4. Actually, I got my taxes done yesterday so that was good to get it over with!

Congrats on feeling better.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    This guy is a lot more reasonable than the other one someone referenced recently.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/handguns-pistols-revolvers/465628-hk-p7-squeeze-cocker.html
    Same guy has both guns, but they are different models. Neither is out of line, they are just expensive guns.

Like we were discussing in the hot rod thread, this is like a muscle car that has a value because of its rarity and collectabilty. Start hot rodding this and you'll lose a lot of money, fast.

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    Same guy has both guns, but they are different models. Neither is out of line, they are just expensive guns.

Like we were discussing in the hot rod thread, this is like a muscle car that has a value because of its rarity and collectabilty. Start hot rodding this and you'll lose a lot of money, fast.

Yep. The cheaper one is a single stack and the other one is a double stack and a lot harder to find.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I would definitely be in for a .22LR time.
    Better not wait too long, I'm trying to trim down, but I'm going to go slow on my remaining .22s left.
    Last week of March or 1st week of April is great for me: Spring Break! :rockwoot:
    Of course, Saturdays usually open; Sundays, not until afternoon.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I just did the left front wheel bearing/hub on the F150. Last week was the right one but as bad as the right one was, the left was worse. I really do need to be careful with stuff like that as I’m feeling it in the shoulder right now. Just soreness but I’m guessing that I was dancing around screwing it up yanking on an 18” torque wrench trying to get 150 ft/lbs. I would have had Igor do it but the rates have gone up.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I’ve got a couple of fun .22s but nothing like some of what you guys have. Mine are all builder grade, not the custom guns that are drool worthy. Does a CMMG kit in a spare AR count as a .22?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom