Not open for further replies.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    1. Seems like I remember you posting a pick of a smashing SS .22LR with wood handles.
    2. Wasn't it a Hunter model? Whatever it was I remember it on the screen, with tears rolling down my cheeks as I realized I would never have anything like that. :D
    3. Translation: surely you jest. :scratch: Ok, maybe you haven't fired it lately, but that just isn't right, and you need to step up. :nono:
    4. If I have the wrong person, I'll look forward to my error being pointed out: we teachers thrive on it! :laugh:

No stainless steel for me. The coolest .22 I own is the 10" Browning Buckmark Varmint. It doesn't compare in this crowd.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    I need this so I can have a cool .22

EFC68F47-F26A-4BE2-AA35-4EF4AF9694EF_zpsqivaxe4h.jpg

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I need this so I can have a cool .22

EFC68F47-F26A-4BE2-AA35-4EF4AF9694EF_zpsqivaxe4h.jpg

Had one and sold it, wasn't reliable as the action would run ahead of the drum's ability to feed it. It just meant you had to pull the bolt back again but it was irregular. In hot weather the ammo wouldn't chamber completely causing small explosions out the bottom of the gun. The drum broke with some regularity and I was hosed on parts I had prepay ordered from the company when it declared bankruptcy. That finished it for me, but I still have the suppressor that came with it on the end of a Ruger. it did shoot well in SA mode though.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    https://indyrange.net/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/fnsrules2017.pdf

I think the SA only trigger will move you from Production class to Limited class which is ok and allows you to fully load the mags instead of being limited to 10 rounds per mag.

1. Sounds good!
    2. You didn't address the holster issue.
    3. I think with the Carry Gun Match shooting at Parabellum that Coach organizes in Avon, you have to have a holster.
    4. Have you ever been to that? Do you go to the Speed Steel shooting at MCF&G on Fridays.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    1. Sounds good!
    2. You didn't address the holster issue.
    3. I think with the Carry Gun Match shooting at Parabellum that Coach organizes in Avon, you have to have a holster.
    4. Have you ever been to that? Do you go to the Speed Steel shooting at MCF&G on Fridays.

I've taken a few training classes from Coach and have really enjoyed them. I'm hoping to be able to attend one of the Carry Gun Matches sometime. Just not sure when yet.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    No holster needed for Friday Night Steel. The gun has to be cased if it is not holstered.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Had one and sold it, wasn't reliable as the action would run ahead of the drum's ability to feed it. It just meant you had to pull the bolt back again but it was irregular. In hot weather the ammo wouldn't chamber completely causing small explosions out the bottom of the gun. The drum broke with some regularity and I was hosed on parts I had prepay ordered from the company when it declared bankruptcy. That finished it for me, but I still have the suppressor that came with it on the end of a Ruger. it did shoot well in SA mode though.
    I imagined you had one in the past. They are pretty much a very expensive novelty nowadays. Pretty cool concept, but hard to justify that kind of cash on a .22

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I've taken a few training classes from Coach and have really enjoyed them. I'm hoping to be able to attend one of the Carry Gun Matches sometime. Just not sure when yet.

1. I was with Coach in an all-day training in Columbus, IN last Fall, but it was not range training.
    2. If you do go, pm me and I'll give you my cell so you can process it with me, that might save me a trip just to watch and I'll know to just go ready to shoot!
    3. Sounds like fun in my boring life. I don't even care how badly I'll do the first time, as long as improve the 2nd time. I'm sure it will be a humbling 1st time experience, but that what I've been after this past almost 2 yrs.!

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I imagined you had one in the past. They are pretty much a very expensive novelty nowadays. Pretty cool concept, but hard to justify that kind of cash on a .22

When it worked it was fun, sounded like a chainsaw.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    1. I was with Coach in an all-day training in Columbus, IN last Fall, but it was not range training.
    2. If you do go, pm me and I'll give you my cell so you can process it with me, that might save me a trip just to watch and I'll know to just go ready to shoot!
    3. Sounds like fun in my boring life. I don't even care how badly I'll do the first time, as long as improve the 2nd time. I'm sure it will be a humbling 1st time experience, but that what I've been after this past almost 2 yrs.!

Sounds like a plan.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom