The CZickness XXXIX Waiting on what's next.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I saw this over on the Sig forum and kind of like it. It's a restoration of an old, Israeli army used P228 in an old west theme of case color, blue and wood. I'd love to do a P226 like that
    07c0682ac1338a45df2ebddf5f6b768f.jpg

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    New shooter on the horizon. Long time friend coming over Saturday for an intro to firearm safety and handling, followed by live fire at the range Sunday. She wants to get herself her first gun and know how to use it properly. If anyone remembers, I did quite a bit of home repairs for her last year (wheelchair ramp, kitchen remodel, etc).

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    New shooter on the horizon. Long time friend coming over Saturday for an intro to firearm safety and handling, followed by live fire at the range Sunday. She wants to get herself her first gun and know how to use it properly. If anyone remembers, I did quite a bit of home repairs for her last year (wheelchair ramp, kitchen remodel, etc).
    Going to get her going with the Glock 44 or something else in mind?

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    SE Indy
    Funny story. My 4 year old daughter’s favorite band. I promise I had everything to do with it. Should hear her singing Freebird. She loses her mind when the guitars come in... But that opening piano gets the cutest smile on her face.
    IMHO Allen Collins was the most under rated guitar player ever. Sad. If they would have been around longer he would have been a legend. I mean Freebird solo.. Come on man....

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Going to get her going with the Glock 44 or something else in mind?
    Yeah the G44. Will also show her the DA/SA and SA revolvers in 22. Get her settled in and have her run a Glock and Sig in 9mm. I don't have a ton of handguns, which is good in a way, because I don't want to overwhelm her. But I do want her to get an idea of the differences. It's always difficult for me to try and reset my brain back into "newbie" mindset. And one of the things my wife has taught me is, keep the instruction simple and on point.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    IMHO Allen Collins was the most under rated guitar player ever. Sad. If they would have been around longer he would have been a legend. I mean Freebird solo.. Come on man....
    He absolutely was one of the greats! He survived the accident and had a band with well band mate Gary Rossington in the 80’s, but sadly never fully recovered from the plane crash and passed away in the early 90’s if I remember right...

Personally I think Steve Gaines was an up and coming legend! He was just entering the band when the accident happened... He is one of only 2 other guys besides Ronnie to have ever sung on a recorded Skynyrd song, Ain’t No Good Life, last song on their last album before the crash...

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    He absolutely was one of the greats! He survived the accident and had a band with well band mate Gary Rossington in the 80’s, but sadly never fully recovered from the plane crash and passed away in the early 90’s if I remember right...

Personally I think Steve Gaines was an up and coming legend! He was just entering the band when the accident happened... He is one of only 2 other guys besides Ronnie to have ever sung on a recorded Skynyrd song, Ain’t No Good Life, last song on their last album before the crash...
    My hometown band. Born and raised in Jacksonville. My parents live right down the street from Ronnie Van Zant memorial park for the last several years.

And yep, Collins was paralyzed in a car accident that killed his girlfriend at the time I believe. He had some demons and it cost him several times over.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom