The Danger in Watching Knife Review & Bushcraft Videos - BEWARE!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cyprant

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 13, 2011
    North Georgia
    @lifethr0ughglass is now listing that MSC bullet nightmare grind knife for sale for $2700 for the next hour only... If my knife budget was 5x what it is, I'd scoop it up in a heart beat.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    @lifethr0ughglass is now listing that MSC bullet nightmare grind knife for sale for $2700 for the next hour only... If my knife budget was 5x what it is, I'd scoop it up in a heart beat.

I appreciate you tagging me but I already have my "grail" customs including an MSC (full stealth SJ75) lol. And brad has an Nightmare MSC AR for sale too. I refuse to buy from scalpers who do raffles and whatnot. All of my Striders come from Brad who is an authorized direct Strider and MSC/DDC dealer.

tom1025

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Underground
    I use to watch all the videos and follow forum's. Until I started to turn it into a business, now I steer clear anything bushcraft, knives, and leather. After being in hiding for about six months I am slowly crawling out from under my rock to check the classifieds here and there.

Squib

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I love knives. I have way, way more knives then anyone could rationalize. As for those 12 step programs; I've never gotten past Step 1: Stop looking at knives. Seems kinda extreme.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I love knives. I have way, way more knives then anyone could rationalize. As for those 12 step programs; I've never gotten past Step 1: Stop looking at knives. Seems kinda extreme.

Welcome to the support group. Unfortunately, the definition of "support" has a sliding scale in this group. Asking for help comes right after admitting you have a problem, but naturally the group views asking for help as a sign of weakness. Well, at least when I do it. Then the ridicule and mocking starts . . . the mocking . . . oh, the humanity!

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    a09bc_worlds-smallest-violin.jpeg

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Almost to five days . . . still shaking and seeing winged purple monkeys crawling in the through the windows, but the sweats and diarrhea have started to subside.

Bonkers4Bacon

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    Fields of Green
    I get caught in this vicious cycle all the time.

1) watch video
    2) decide I want that gun/knife
    3) watch 65 other videos and read all articles ever written on said gun/knife, deciding its the greatest gun/knife ever
    4) go to store to purchase
    5) see a different gun/knife that sparks my interest
    6) change mind, go home
    Repeat

After 3 cycles, the realization of no money or decision-making skills set in and I cry until I fall asleep

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I'll be at six days in two hours! Woo-hoo!

Given that, I have two things to say:

1. The spine on the blade of a Condor Knife & Tool Crotalus throws massive sparks from a good ferrocerium rod.
    2. Ferrocerium rods are not good indoor toys.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Lol I always test my new ones indoors forgetting it's a bad idea and my dogs go crazy trying to attack the sparks flying off

Do not ask me how I learned how the difference between the standard ferrocerium rods work vs. those with higher magnesium content. If you don't ask me, then I won't have to say anything about the little globs of burning magnesium that I wasn't expecting to fly that were flying . . . and landing on stuff. Furthermore, then I won't have to lament about how hot burning magnesium is and how it ignites other things very easily. So don't ask me.

Oh, and the ferro rod in the bracelet my brother made for me is the latter. Not many sparks, but what does come off of it (i.e. the little blobs of burning magnesium) is fantastic ignition source.

cyprant

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 13, 2011
    North Georgia
    I didn't realize these raffles were scalping... My bad. I know they are getting more than the knife sells for, but I'm cool with that to an extent... I just won a small Sebenza for $35. Pretty stoked...

Any ways, I won't tag you guys any more, thought I was helping, not hurting...

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Do not ask me how I learned how the difference between the standard ferrocerium rods work vs. those with higher magnesium content. If you don't ask me, then I won't have to say anything about the little globs of burning magnesium that I wasn't expecting to fly that were flying . . . and landing on stuff. Furthermore, then I won't have to lament about how hot burning magnesium is and how it ignites other things very easily. So don't ask me.

Oh, and the ferro rod in the bracelet my brother made for me is the latter. Not many sparks, but what does come off of it (i.e. the little blobs of burning magnesium) is fantastic ignition source.

Aren't Firestarter sticks made of magnesium?

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area

Good to know no stitches were required in the test...other than to possibly repair the sofa.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    I didn't realize these raffles were scalping... My bad. I know they are getting more than the knife sells for, but I'm cool with that to an extent... I just won a small Sebenza for $35. Pretty stoked...

Any ways, I won't tag you guys any more, thought I was helping, not hurting...

Nothing wrong with it, just not my thing at all. If that's what you want to spend your money on more power to you.

Top Bottom