The Denny theory; is there a possibility you've had Covid19?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    So the U.S. had the virus first and one of our infected Americans went to China and gave it to a monkey in a meat market that just happens to be located within a mile from the only laboratory in the whole country of China that stocks the Coronavirus and tests it on monkeys that a lab assistant admits selling to a local meat market.

Ya...
    I guess that could happen. :n00b:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Wife and I were both sick 2 months ago. I had it then she had started about a week later. Fever for 4 days, bad cough for 2 weeks. I was wondering if it was the corona, but I read that of the people they tested in the US with respiratory infections, the positive is only about 1%, so the odds are it wasn’t the corona.

Zenmaster961

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2019
    Ive read the vast majority have mild symptoms and recover on their own. Stay in shape, eat right (lift weights and eat red meat :patriot:), and stay hydrated is my basic strategy for being healthy in general.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Wife and I were both sick 2 months ago. I had it then she had started about a week later. Fever for 4 days, bad cough for 2 weeks. I was wondering if it was the corona, but I read that of the people they tested in the US with respiratory infections, the positive is only about 1%, so the odds are it wasn’t the corona.

Odds are what they are using instead of a test. My sis is an ICU nurse at Methodist and she was helping a very sick older lady who possibly has the bug. However, the State won't give then the test to find out. My sis is now at home sick, could be flu could be this bug. Soonest the State will test her in a week or so. So, she treating this as the flu and so far it's reacting this way. I think the State only has 100 test kits. Symptoms for this range from runny nose to death. So as you could imagine, it is possible that lots of people have it and never knew it. There was no way to test for it.

Last edited:

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Odds are what they are using instead of a test. My sis is an ICU nurse at Methodist and she was helping a very sick older lady who possibly has the bug. However, the State won't give then the test to find out. My sis is not at home sick, could be flu could be this bug. Soonest the State will test her in a week or so. So, she treating this as the flu and so far it's reacting this way. I think the State only has 100 test kits. Symptoms for this range from runny nose to death. So as you could imagine, it is possible that lots of people have it and never knew it. There was no way to test for it.
    Thanks for (unknowingly) helping me start this thread. I think we've got some interesting results, while obviously incidental.
    It'd be great to see a post-infection test. The way we might know, again somewhat incidentally, is that we actually won't get it this time around since we've already had it. Once again, pure speculation.

Hope and pray for the best for your sis!

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    So the U.S. had the virus first and one of our infected Americans went to China and gave it to a monkey in a meat market that just happens to be located within a mile from the only laboratory in the whole country of China that stocks the Coronavirus and tests it on monkeys that a lab assistant admits selling to a local meat market.

Ya...
    Man that's some serious circular reasoning. The more oftener I read it the confusedider I get.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Thanks for (unknowingly) helping me start this thread. I think we've got some interesting results, while obviously incidental.
    It'd be great to see a post-infection test. The way we might know, again somewhat incidentally, is that we actually won't get it this time around since we've already had it. Once again, pure speculation.

Hope and pray for the best for your sis!
    Thank you kind sir. It is appreciated.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area

Ya...

Sounds like they are narrowing down on the original host. Fish market employees may have been the first to get sick.

So rather than some monkey and organ grinder at the meat market (organ grinder...get it? :) ) it could be Flipper in the sashimi section.

Don't eat sushi!

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    I'm confident that I have not had it. I'm pretty good at social distancing as a lifestyle, and I haven't had any symptoms to suggest any illness since well before this was discovered.

Tryin'

Victimized
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I had a bout with a respiratory illness in December that matches COVID-19 symptoms. The dry cough and wheezing was the worst part of it, those lasted for about 3 weeks. Very hard to get your breath at times. The fever and muscle aches were gone in about 3 days. General tiredness an additional day. No GI issues. Moderate headache the whole time.

I passed it to the whole family and two coworkers despite universal precautions with the family and keeping my distance at work. Kids were down about one day, wife was similar to me. One of the coworkers was out a solid week and a half. The other works no matter what.

I had a flu shot.

My conclusion? There are a lot of viral respiratory illnesses and they have similar symptoms. Could have been, could not have been. It really doesnt matter, it still sucked.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Sounds like they are narrowing down on the original host. Fish market employees may have been the first to get sick.

So rather than some monkey and organ grinder at the meat market (organ grinder...get it? :) ) it could be Flipper in the sashimi section.

Don't eat sushi!

Especially the bat and monkey sushi!

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Especially the bat and monkey sushi!

They thought it was this guy that caused the problem. A pangolin. Maybe vectored from a bat.

Scales used in Chinese medicine.

650b1b9709dedf85cd62a3460b4f0bf5.jpg

Last edited:

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Yep I'm sure it was here in the U.S. in December. Washington state testest a previous flu victims sample from last year and determined he had C19. It's been moving among us for a while.
    It was moving around China for at least a month before they admitted.
    I'm pretty sure I had it in December. Very bad.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I have a friend in the Portland, OR, area who had a high fever and a bad cough for two weeks or so and finally got over it a couple of weeks ago. That was before anyone knew what it was.

Top Bottom