The Denny theory; is there a possibility you've had Covid19?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • J Galt

Expert
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Mar 21, 2020
    Indianapolis
    I have 2 friends that separately describe having the "worst flu of their life". One was around January, the other was around March. Both tested negative for the flu, but the corona-panic wasn't here yet.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    My test results came back this morning and I tested positive for the SARS-CoV-2 antibody. I had a very mild flu with loss of taste and smell way back in January or February. Must’ve been the ‘Rona.

My blood type is O+ and I have read that COVID-19 symptoms can be milder with this blood type. Now it’s time to donate plasma or whole blood to help others.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    My test results came back this morning and I tested positive for the SARS-CoV-2 antibody. I had a very mild flu with loss of taste and smell way back in January or February. Must’ve been the ‘Rona.

My blood type is O+ and I have read that COVID-19 symptoms can be milder with this blood type. Now it’s time to donate plasma or whole blood to help others.

Excellent!

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city

Great! Same here. Mine was late december into January. Have the antibodies too.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I'm O negative.

Once this past late winter I felt a little under the weather for a couple days. But, knock on wood, I have had any kind of flu maybe 1-2 times since I have been married. Which as been 36 years.

I haven't had a cold in over 3 years.

I have always been a judicious hand washer and water drinker which I think helps a lot.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Ooh, this is interesting!

Wonder what others who have been antibody tested have found?

Do we know if the antibody testing is different (or more accurate) than the drive up testing that they are doing in places like Nashville?

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Taking off on a tangent, I was just looking into the antigen testing, and by chance discovered that the local blood bank lifted the ban on blood donations from military members and family members who were stationed in Europe back in the 80s/90s. This is based on FDA's reconsideration of the issue (mad cow disease exposure). Woot!

Oh. Just remembered I think I was also deferred for time spent in the sandbox region. Have to check into that. But if you were ever deferred because of time in Europe, check back, the rules are a-changing.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Taking off on a tangent, I was just looking into the antigen testing, and by chance discovered that the local blood bank lifted the ban on blood donations from military members and family members who were stationed in Europe back in the 80s/90s. This is based on FDA's reconsideration of the issue (mad cow disease exposure). Woot!

Oh. Just remembered I think I was also deferred for time spent in the sandbox region. Have to check into that. But if you were ever deferred because of time in Europe, check back, the rules are a-changing.

Interesting. I've got a fairly uncommon type and it seems they're looking for it fairly regularly.

And on another note, The Boss was tested for the antibodies about a month ago and came back positive, so I'd say we DID have it earlier this year. And that also doesn't mean you're immune. I tested positive Monday, her results are pending, so we're in quarantine. Had a chest xray yesterday that shows some non-typical pneumonia, shortness of breath, cough, sore throat, very severe headache, and absolutely no sense of smell or taste. But no fever, go figure. Actually my temp was a little on the low side.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Interesting. I've got a fairly uncommon type and it seems they're looking for it fairly regularly.

And on another note, The Boss was tested for the antibodies about a month ago and came back positive, so I'd say we DID have it earlier this year. And that also doesn't mean you're immune. I tested positive Monday, her results are pending, so we're in quarantine. Had a chest xray yesterday that shows some non-typical pneumonia, shortness of breath, cough, sore throat, very severe headache, and absolutely no sense of smell or taste. But no fever, go figure. Actually my temp was a little on the low side.

My son-in-law had it. No fever with him either. All he had was the loss of taste and smell.

In one of our buildings at work, the "flu" ripped through virtually everyone. This was in early January. They all had varying degrees of symptoms, some saying it seemed different than other years.

Fast forward to a month ago, one of guys had to have some kind of surgery so when they drew blood, they tested for the anti-body. Yes, he tested positive. They all feel pretty confident that they all had it.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I tested positive Monday, her results are pending, so we're in quarantine. Had a chest xray yesterday that shows some non-typical pneumonia, shortness of breath, cough, sore throat, very severe headache, and absolutely no sense of smell or taste. But no fever, go figure. Actually my temp was a little on the low side.

Any idea where you got it? Mask, or no?

Top Bottom