The Denny theory; is there a possibility you've had Covid19?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    I've had low grade cold/flu symptoms since Thanksgiving. For a week they were severe enough to take OTC medication.

Figured it was just what's going around this season.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    This may be a stretch, but almost exactly two years ago the Mrs and I came down with something pretty horrible, a sort of "respiratory flu", as we were returning from a Spring Break trip to Gulf Shores with the kids. Took us both nearly a month to recover. Fever, aches, chills, and just a terrible respiratory distress with what felt like lots of crud and gurgling that took forever to cough up/spit out. We're both very active and physically fit people, but both were right around 50 years old at the time. Of course there was no testing or even knowledge of a COVID-19 virus two years ago, but lately we've been scratching our heads over this a bit, wondering if what we had a couple years ago offers us some degree of immunity or quick recovery to the current COVID-19. Not that we're eager to test our suspicions.

Neither of the kids (who were both in their late teens at the time) got so much as a sniffle. And we were all in pretty close quarters for the trip home.

SAILORGOLF46

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    Two members of my family were sick in December, 1 went to ER other to PC. Both were told they had viral infections, to go home rest and take Ibuprofen. Looking back their symptoms were the same as being seen now with coronavirus.

flylo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2017
    decatur
    I'm selling my machine shop tools & equip & the 1st guy that came a month ago left in a huge hurry, called later & said he was sick. I got a high fever, chills, broncitis I thought & then turned into Pneumonia or maybe coronavirus. Feeling better but honestly thought I was going to die & felt so bad I didn't care but still not 100% but getting much better. Just turned 61.
    Here's a great website for tracking it updated hourly & covers the world, china has peaked & headed down on new cases & deaths. We'll be fine
    https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

Last edited:

Notropis

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2018
    NWI
    I fell ill about a week before things started shutting down. Not typical Wuhan symptoms but the person I got it from shows Wuhan symptoms. I'm under 50 and healthy. We're doubling Wuhan cases every 2.5 days. This needs to change, if not, we'll be at about 30,000,000 in a month.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Since we are behind the 8 ball for testing, they won't test anyone who has minor symptoms, runny nose or mid flu-like. So, many people who have this bug but are ok, will not be counted in the total infected count used to draw a death % because they are never tested. The fatality rate becomes unreliable. Even the best testing stats, S Korea, who are light years ahead of us in pandemic prep, only tested 250k people out of 51 million, they have the most citizens tested of any country.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Since we are behind the 8 ball for testing, they won't test anyone who has minor symptoms, runny nose or mid flu-like. So, many people who have this bug but are ok, will not be counted in the total infected count used to draw a death % because they are never tested. The fatality rate becomes unreliable. Even the best testing stats, S Korea, who are light years ahead of us in pandemic prep, only tested 250k people out of 51 million, they have the most citizens tested of any country.
    If you go check out qwerty’s post #4188 over on the main thread (page 105 if you see 40) you will see his spreadsheet really backs up what you are saying about the final mortality rate being way lower than presently advertised.
    Sorry I don’t know how to link his to here.

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    Just read an article on Fox News about Chloroquine as a possible treatment for Corona. It is an arthritis med which I take everyday. May block the way the virus attaches to human cells.

Don

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Just read an article on Fox News about Chloroquine as a possible treatment for Corona. It is an arthritis med which I take everyday. May block the way the virus attaches to human cells.

Don

Over on the other thread (If I’m getting the drug names right) some of the supposed authors are disavowing that paper.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    Sounds like they are narrowing down on the original host. Fish market employees may have been the first to get sick.

So rather than some monkey and organ grinder at the meat market (organ grinder...get it? :) ) it could be Flipper in the sashimi section.

Don't eat sushi!

Never had it, never will.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    Me and the Wife have been having this conversation for a month now. She says we could have a blood test to check for certain antibodies but how do you explain Italys situation then? They are alot closer to Wuhan than we are.

How could it have gotten here before Italy? I have a co-worker who went home to China twice for family issues in October & November. Not sure where... I'm sure similar scenarios occurred thousands of individual times around the country.

Could someone making such a visit in the appropriate time frame have brought COVID-19 back with them? Absolutely. Did they. Hard to play probability with so many unknowns.

I can say, though, that I've wondered myself, though, since before Halloween, I've not had symptoms beyond sniffles and (maybe) a fever. My wife was sick for a bit. I typically have a strong immune system; her less so.

I doubt we'll ever fully know what happened when.

Jin

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    May 20, 2019
    Salamonie
    Both my wife and I had a really bad flu in November around Thanksgiving

Fever, Body aches and a REALLY persistent dry cough. My wife even had pneumonia and a long lasting cough with residual chest pains.

Literally what my wife and I were thinking before reading this read, but until we test for the antibodies we won’t know for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Both my wife and I had a really bad flu in November around Thanksgiving

Fever, Body aches and a REALLY persistent dry cough. My wife even had pneumonia and a long lasting cough with residual chest pains.

Literally what my wife and I were thinking before reading this read, but until we test for the antibodies we won’t know for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

November was way too early for it to be here. I think Nov 19 is the date they've determined for Patient Zero.

OutdoorDad

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2015
    Indianapolis
    Yes, I'm almost certain my whole family got it in late January and February.
    Wife was traveling internationally. She fell ill.
    Daughter fell ill 5 days later.
    I was 7 or so days after that.
    All tested negative for flu. But we all took antiviral. Not helpful at all.

All the symptoms of Covid-19.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Just stumbled across this thread but don't have time to read all of it right now.

I was thinking about this the past week. Back on Feb 3rd & 4th I was sick, missed 2 days of work, should have missed more but couldn't due to not having enough time available to me. Flu like symptoms, fever and it felt like I had a large bag of flour laying on my chest. I didn't take my temperature on Monday but did on Tuesday. It was 103, when I went to work on Wed it was 102. I felt like I couldn't catch my breath all week. I've caught something from those I work with several times since I started last July, this felt a little different. There are huge stairs at work, lots of them. It took me twice as long as normal to get from one side of the factory to the other. The people I would normally walk with would either have to slow down to stay with me or they would just leave me behind.

I hadn't really paid attention to the virus thread before that, once I did everything started sounding familiar. I have no idea what I had, it took about 2 full weeks to start feeling 'normal' again. Most of the symptoms went away after one week with the exception of the muscle aches, shortness of breath & exhaustion, and the feeling of a weight on my chest.

I did my best to stay away from everyone else at work, a hard thing to do when you are on a paint line. I hit all my tools with hand sanitizer and alcohol wipes every time I started or left a work station. I don't recall anyone else getting sick until the first week in March. I think she just got the flu though. I talked to her and she had normal symptoms.

So if it turns out that's what I had then I'm immune now right? I can go back to licking doorknobs?

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    I typically don't get sick. Been kinda sick twice this year.the gf was sick off and on for like 6 weeks
    A good pal of mine was in bed with a fever for like 4 days a few weeks ago.

So maybe.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Just stumbled across this thread but don't have time to read all of it right now.

I was thinking about this the past week. Back on Feb 3rd & 4th I was sick, missed 2 days of work, should have missed more but couldn't due to not having enough time available to me. Flu like symptoms, fever and it felt like I had a large bag of flour laying on my chest. I didn't take my temperature on Monday but did on Tuesday. It was 103, when I went to work on Wed it was 102. I felt like I couldn't catch my breath all week. I've caught something from those I work with several times since I started last July, this felt a little different. There are huge stairs at work, lots of them. It took me twice as long as normal to get from one side of the factory to the other. The people I would normally walk with would either have to slow down to stay with me or they would just leave me behind.

I hadn't really paid attention to the virus thread before that, once I did everything started sounding familiar. I have no idea what I had, it took about 2 full weeks to start feeling 'normal' again. Most of the symptoms went away after one week with the exception of the muscle aches, shortness of breath & exhaustion, and the feeling of a weight on my chest.

I did my best to stay away from everyone else at work, a hard thing to do when you are on a paint line. I hit all my tools with hand sanitizer and alcohol wipes every time I started or left a work station. I don't recall anyone else getting sick until the first week in March. I think she just got the flu though. I talked to her and she had normal symptoms.

So if it turns out that's what I had then I'm immune now right? I can go back to licking doorknobs?

Why in the hell would you go to work with a 102 fever? Whether it was Kung Flu or not, that's just crazy. Not only for yourself, but if you have a fever that high you ARE contagious, no matter what bug it is. Don't do that.

Top Bottom