• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • modelflyer2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Eastern Indiana
    I can't believe I read the whole thing.... Just kidding. It was informative. Thanks for taking the time to write all of that stuff down. We can all learn from this. There is a securtiy guard where I work who is a retired Ohio State Trooper. He was riding his bike a few years ago and was attacked/threatened (not sure which) by a dog. He pulled his gun and shot it. Nothing like this ever happened to him. The police are allowed to defend themselves from aggressive dogs, but apparently we are not.

cburnworth

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    Utter & total BS on behalf of the judges,lawyers & police department. You shouldn't have had to pay anything. now taken from the vet's perspective there was another shooter across the street using a 22 you were totally innocent.

Redskinsfan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Good writing on your part, much better than many of my colleagues.

I empathize with your traumatic event, I have been attacked by a Pit bull in my own drive way, I have had dogs kill our pets on our property and the owner blame us and then threaten to kill more of our pet by poisoning them. It went on and on.

I am a dog lover, I own three. I keep mine on our property and even if they were to escape they are a danger only to themselves while on the highway.

What a heck of an event.

Best regards,

Terry

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    You got screwed. I say you pay your half of the bill by eating quaters and allow them to digest first :)

This is sad on two levels- your idiot neighbors and the even dumber judge. I can understand low-life morons, but certainly our judicial system should have a clue. This country is going nowhere fast because everyone refuses to say "this is BS and we won't stand for it." If I were the judge they would have been out of the court room very quickly.

Sad.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    What a crock of ****. I'm glad you got it all sorted out, and its over now, and you "won" to a point, but you shouldn't have had to go through all that.

Officer K. also asked me if I had a license to carry a handgun.

I replied in the affirmative, and produced that document and my driver’s license to him.

As for that, you should have told him to "stuff it"!!!

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    Neighbors sound like trash. Judge Judy huh? Wow... "We git tuh go on da TeeVee!!!" Um, no.

Unrestrained domestic animals are the responsibility of the owner. I'm shocked you ended up having to pay half of the expenses. I'm thinking next 4th of July we get a block party permit for your house. :)

Walter Zoomie

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2008
    BeechTucky
    ...now taken from the vet's perspective there was another shooter across the street using a 22 you were totally innocent.

You, sir, are a friggin' genius! :yesway:

This is something I never even considered.

I bet it was a .22 sniper in the trunk of an Oldsmobile Delta 88 which had the lock drilled out so he could fire from within the closed trunk and stuff.

Maybe.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Utter & total BS on behalf of the judges,lawyers & police department. You shouldn't have had to pay anything. now taken from the vet's perspective there was another shooter across the street using a 22 you were totally innocent.

You, sir, are a friggin' genius! :yesway:

This is something I never even considered.

I bet it was a .22 sniper in the trunk of an Oldsmobile Delta 88 which had the lock drilled out so he could fire from within the closed trunk and stuff.

Maybe.

Awesome!

Walter Zoomie

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2008
    BeechTucky
    How did the judge figure you were at fault when you shot the dog on YOUR PROPERTY??? Ugh... our wonderful court system in all its glory!

The judge said: "The Court finds comparative fault. Although Mr. Zoomie has self-defense rights, he chose (after retreating to safety and 'cuz he's a dumb Jarhead), to expose himself to danger and not call law enforcement until after shooting. The Court finds Mr. Zoomie 50% fault."

Walter Zoomie

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2008
    BeechTucky
    That surprised me too that he asked for a license to carry. It would make no different weather you had one or not because you were on your property.

I know. I know.
    I was still pretty shaken up at the time, and I didn't feel a pissing contest with the cops about gun laws would have been productive.

Walter Zoomie

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2008
    BeechTucky
    ...I cannot imagine a similar blog from the hateful neighbor being anything close to such a complete clarification of the events....

Me neither.
    I believe the other party could combine the sum total of their collective intellect, and still not be able to construct a coherent sentence.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    Great read.

It makes me sad that the system screwed you... all the way from the incompetent police officers to the court system.

Thanks for sharing, though.

Top Bottom