• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    Thats the funny part. The .257 scoots along pretty quick its only 100-150 fps slower than the .25-06 and its got the edge in accuracy in most of the rifles I have known about.

I like the .25-06 but I still think the .257 has it beat.
    I have a REMINGTON SENDERO in 300 REMINGTON ULTRA MAG. What the heck am I going to do with that round, bullets are expensive, who needs a 30 caliber 180 grain bullet going over 3,600 fps:dunno:

tyrajam

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Fishers
    I have several guns that are pretty hard to find ammo for. I have a 6mm, 300 savage, 25acp, 22wrf, and 308 norma mag. Can't find the last two on the shelf, but maybe thats why I like them so much!

I'm a little confused at some calibers mentioned here as dying. 45acp, 35whelen, 7.62x54r...and the 30-30? Dying? You got to be kidding!

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    I have several guns that are pretty hard to find ammo for. I have a 6mm, 300 savage, 25acp, 22wrf, and 308 norma mag. Can't find the last two on the shelf, but maybe thats why I like them so much!

I'm a little confused at some calibers mentioned here as dying. 45acp, 35whelen, 7.62x54r...and the 30-30? Dying? You got to be kidding!
    Good Luck finding 308 NORMA MAG.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Yeah, I feel the .41 Mag pain, too. Got one I hardly ever shoot due to the scarcity of ammo and the price when I do find it. I truly love shooting it when I do, tho. It's a great calibre. So's my .44 Special, another neglected calibre.

Westside Loan at 3428 W 10th Indpls. has a BUNCH of .41 mag. ammo. I am talking cases of it. It has been there behind the counter since around 1994.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    What about 9x18 makarov? I don't know much about it but I have shot it a few times. I hardly ever see more that 2 boxes on shelves.

I'm actually seeing more of this. Gander Mtn. had two different brands of new 9x18. There's a lot of good American made defense loads and new Russian made ammo. Most big mail order places carry a lot of 9x18.

Many police forces in Eastern Europe still use 9x18. And with many of the 9x18 pistols becoming C&R eligible you'll start to see this cartridge gain in popularity.

I just sold my Bersa Thunder and bought a CZ-82. Cheaper to own, has more power and has a double stack magazine.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    I'm actually seeing more of this. Gander Mtn. had two different brands of new 9x18. There's a lot of good American made defense loads and new Russian made ammo. Most big mail order places carry a lot of 9x18.

Many police forces in Eastern Europe still use 9x18. And with many of the 9x18 pistols becoming C&R eligible you'll start to see this cartridge gain in popularity.

I just sold my Bersa Thunder and bought a CZ-82. Cheaper to own, has more power and has a double stack magazine.
    I rather have the CZ-82 myself:yesway:

Cherryspringer

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2011
    Lafayette
    Dying round

You know there are lots of them out there but the 41 mag is the biggest shame of all of them. Most people aren't aware of the superior ballistics. That said I just recently acquired my first 44 mag super blackhawk( which is awesome). I had to go with the 44 because of popularity and availability of ammo. I won't own any oddballs. If things get weird I want to have a couple of everything in the popular calibers. But the 41 is grossly overlooked.:yesway:

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    You know there are lots of them out there but the 41 mag is the biggest shame of all of them. Most people aren't aware of the superior ballistics. That said I just recently acquired my first 44 mag super blackhawk( which is awesome). I had to go with the 44 because of popularity and availability of ammo. I won't own any oddballs. If things get weird I want to have a couple of everything in the popular calibers. But the 41 is grossly overlooked.:yesway:
    I have two S & W 657 3inch barrel 41 MAG, but I'm buying a :poop: of 41 MAG ammo from Cwood:rockwoot:

Top Bottom