• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigmedicine

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood
    Do they even make any 10 gauge shotgun anymore ???

They sure do. Browning still makes the Gold in 10ga as well as their BPS.

Now, to each their own. that said, if you are looking for a tool to throw the biggest sized shot at geese, I still am convinced that the 10ga is a more appropriate platform than the long 12. Generally, the 10ga guns weigh more and pattern the big stuff better. The reality of the situation, however, is that all the research into load development is going into the long 12. Since you can load it to higher pressures and they have increased the payload so dramatically, it is a fine tool to have.

Enjoy what you have, and shoot them as often as you can!

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana

Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    Still used in way to many military rifles and machine guns the world over to fade into history.This is the oldest military round still in production in the world.

7.62×54mmR - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Here is the latest Russian design,but they use the PKMS squad support weapon.Still uses the 7.62x54r(same role as our SAW,but packs just slightly more firepower).
    Zastava M84 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    I mean expensive, The yugo stuff that was cheap is dead

Steve B

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    KEWANNA
    The 17 rem. It's personally my favorite for varmints. I went to get some new brass and all the local shops looked at me like I was nuts. They either told me I meant the HMR which didn't impress me or "nobody shoots that any more". Ended up getting brass from Cabela's.

Redskinsfan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    10mm, it only has a cult following as of now. It came out for the F.B.I., but they found it had too much penetration...alas the .40 S&W ( 10mm short) was born. Which of course has become the main stay for almost all law enforcement agencies.

I have to disagree in part with the above. The 10mm was not found to have too much penetration, it was found to have too much recoil for most of the FBI and their shooting scores declined because of it. The FBI study on performance of the 9mm, 45ACP and 10mm stated that over penetration was "a non issue" because 85% of shots fired by the police in shootings don't hit the intended target anyway.

A dead caliber would be the 256 Win Mag., there are many others too.

Terry

Terry

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 17, 2010
    Freedom , yes really Freedom
    well ill play ..............
    2 on here that i own and love
    22 short gets a vote and 480 ruger ............
    love my super ruger redhawk .480 .......but i would say circling the drain not dying, im buying up as much as i can (all hornaday because thats the only one out there) but will reload eventually .........................

22 short, well feels like a little snap firework going off, barely "pops" ..... but still interesting .....again not dead but "circling"

PappyD

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 24, 2008
    Westfield
    How about the .218 bee, and the .219 zipper ????? How many of you YOUNG whipper snappers, even heard of these two .....
    and I LOVE my .41 Mag., it is a FINE gun, and Cal.,

I'm late to this thread- but I have a .218 Bee! It's actually an HR breech loader that originally a .22 Hornet. Later bored out to a .218 Bee. Don't know why.

It's been a great little shooter. Bought it in the late 1970's. Had a 22-250 as my first long-range groundhog gun. Dad said, "too loud" on the '250. So, being the smart teen I found this gun in the Trader paper. (remember the Trader?)
    Deadly out to about 200 yards.. :cool:

Hemingway

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Indiana
    As a guy that likes the 25-06, I've found it harder to buy ammo in recent years. Wal-Mart stopped carrying it. Then Galyan's/Dick's stopped carrying it (I bought everything they had left when it was on clearance.)

Gander Mountain still has a few different offerings but it is pricey and some of the boxes look like they're 10 years old.

I can order it from many places online but it's not as common as it was. I make sure to save all my brass.

mike8170

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Hiding from reality
    As a guy that likes the 25-06, I've found it harder to buy ammo in recent years. Wal-Mart stopped carrying it. Then Galyan's/Dick's stopped carrying it (I bought everything they had left when it was on clearance.)

Gander Mountain still has a few different offerings but it is pricey and some of the boxes look like they're 10 years old.

I can order it from many places online but it's not as common as it was. I make sure to save all my brass.

After 9/11, my old man bought a number of weapons that he wanted with "common" ammo. One that was recommeded was a Remmy 700 in 25-06. I was lucky enough to purchase about 400 rds at an auction, plus I have dies and some brass. But, I am sitting on a goldmine of Ruger PC9's!

Bash

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    45acp is my favorite all time cartridge. I and I can do just about anything with it except shoot lond distance. It's what I carry because they don't make a .46acp. There are a lot of good calibers going away like the 41 mag, 357 max, and there are some that should go away like the 25acp, 32acp 45gap and others JMHO.

Cherryspringer

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2011
    Lafayette
    Dying ammo

I think the .32acp is a great little round. Probably the best for a pocket pistol. I read that Patton carried one with him. Of course it totally depends on the brand of ammo. Throw some good ammo in a tomcat. Pretty impressive.:twocents:

Top Bottom