• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Other countries finding evidence of it happening in their elections.
    Ah. I see what you're saying. I wouldn't be surprised if it happened here. And I suspect that the spy agencies in the US wouldn't let that information out if another country did interfere with elections. Or obviously if they did it. But suspicions isn't actionable information.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    “Consider this proposition: “Suppose that your favorite candidate loses a close election. However, people on the campaign know that they can win by cheating without being caught. Would you rather have your candidate win by cheating or lose by playing fair?” Just 7% of Americans said, “Win by cheating.” This is from a startling new Scott Rasmussen poll.”

“Rasmussen then put this question to those the pollster calls “the elite 1%.” They make over $150,000 per year, have a postgraduate degree, live in densely populated areas, and give President Joe Biden an 82% approval rating. Why poll this group? Rasmussen said: “A heavy concentration of them went to one of 12 elite schools. ... [H]alf the policy positions in government, half the corporate board positions in America, are held by people who went to one of these dozen schools.”

“Thirty-five percent of this group said they would rather their candidate win by cheating than lose by playing fair. It gets worse. Rasmussen put the question to a subset of this elite 1%, whom the pollster calls the “politically obsessed,” defined as those who talk about politics every day. Among this group, the number who would rather win by cheating jumps to 69%.”

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Questions not asked in the "polls".

What are your thoughts regarding free and independent States that created the central state dissolving the central state?

Which color tastes best, red or blue?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Not a smoking gun. The board still has to determine if there were violations. If the allegations are true, I think the right steps would be to ascertain the extent to which the violations impacted the election and report the findings to the public. Determine what laws were broken and start criminal proceedings against the perpetrators. And report on what corrective they will take to make elections more transparent, and prevent it in the future.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Not a smoking gun. The board still has to determine if there were violations. If the allegations are true, I think the right steps would be to ascertain the extent to which the violations impacted the election and report the findings to the public. Determine what laws were broken and start criminal proceedings against the perpetrators. And report on what corrective they will take to make elections more transparent, and prevent it in the future.
    That is not what the letter says though. "The board has sole discretion to determine if a violation occurred, and if so how it will be resolved."

No part of that statement gives me any confidence that laws will play any real part in how violations are handled, much less that criminal proceedings will happen.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    That is not what the letter says though. "The board has sole discretion to determine if a violation occurred, and if so how it will be resolved."

No part of that statement gives me any confidence that laws will play any real part in how violations are handled, much less that criminal proceedings will happen.
    That may be. I suspect if the board says there were no violations we’ll be skeptical about it either way. But. The letter itself is not evidence of violations. The evidence of the violations is. I think that would be a good meeting fo televise. That ain’t happening.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    C'mon. Yer selling INGO short. I'm pretty sure what INGO told you is that the possibility that it could be done is not evidence it was actually done. I suspect that the spy agency has some actual evidence that it was done in Canahdastan (pronounced cah-NAH-duh-stan).
    I hope you're not actually that credulous. CSIS is a captive agency funded by the US and other western governments. Does it not occur to you that:

1) If they have evidence, you'll never be allowed to see it because; national security reasons. Doesn't that information gap allow them to simply lie about having evidence? You know, like our government has done before?

2) Might they not be wanting to again raise the idea that state actor interference in elections is possible - you know, what they've spent the last four years stonewalling and denying - because they think such an admission will be useful in the upcoming election? Aren't you the one saying be suspicious when the sole source for information has reason to lie?

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Evidence of China changing votes? Well. It wouldn't surprise me. But if the evidence isn't out because the administration won't let it out, how did you see the evidence to know about it?
    In our case, statistical inference. Always given short shrift as evidence, because it isn't 100% certain, by people who must not believe in quantum effects, either (in the unlikely event they are consistent)

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

'Your government has throughly investigated itself and found no wrongdoing. Move along, nothing to see here.'

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    In our case, statistical inference. Always given short shrift as evidence, because it isn't 100% certain, by people who must not believe in quantum effects, either (in the unlikely event they are consistent)
    Not looking for 100% certain. Maybe something at least actionable? We're well beyond what should prompt fair investigations. That's all statistical inference will get you.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    'Your government has throughly investigated itself and found no wrongdoing. Move along, nothing to see here.'
    That was my favorite saying back in the Obama years, especially when Holder was AG. The Biden administration doesn't even bother to pretend. They just deny and ignore.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Tell that to the IRS

The legitimate part of that would be to use statistics to identify people who might be cheating, and to investigate deeper. And the statistical evidence could be used along with more concrete evidence of cheating to charge someone. Of course that can be weaponized.

But that's not what we're talking about. You can't just automatically change an election because you can show some statistics that make the outcome unlikely. You still need the smoking gun. You still need the investigation for that and the hard evidence to be actionable.

Some of you guys act like a GWP article should automatically give the results you want. As if the other side won't get to rebut.

Top Bottom