• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    Lol I just ran a event at bass and bucks for the Appleseed on April 19th and it poured on us the entire time. There was a archery shoot going on inside and he said all the people asked what the crazy folks were doing shooting in the rain. It's always a good time.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Lol I just ran a event at bass and bucks for the Appleseed on April 19th and it poured on us the entire time. There was a archery shoot going on inside and he said all the people asked what the crazy folks were doing shooting in the rain. It's always a good time.

it was - discovering the money and other items in your wallet were still wet - oh a week or so later - that's just hilarious. ... or not ...

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Shooting these things in bad weather is the best. It really shows the IC who wants to learn, and are dedicated to get better. Those left on the line at the end of a shoot in less that perfect condition's with the IC earn some respect in my book.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    it was - discovering the money and other items in your wallet were still wet - oh a week or so later - that's just hilarious. ... or not ...

I shot my first seed in a cold november rain. My butt turned to ice each time I sat in the sitting stage. Lying it wasn't near as bad. Never shot better! Something about crapass weather makes one focus better on the task at hand... too much sunshine and 70 degree weather can make one get distracted easily!!! :)

Chaplain45

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 24, 2013
    Noblesville
    I already have commitments that weekend (12/5/15). I have subscribed for notifications and look forward to finding dates that fit. Thanks for offering this history and marksmanship training.

ol' Huff

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    Once your underwear gets wet only two things will make you feel better, death and dry clothes. When in a prone position it takes about five inches of standing water to reach your butthole and your head is well above that so you won't drown or anything.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Once your underwear gets wet only two things will make you feel better, death and dry clothes. When in a prone position it takes about five inches of standing water to reach your butthole and your head is well above that so you won't drown or anything.

I'd like to add patching, as a 3rd option for feeling better. I felt pretty good in 1" or 2" of water, and forgot all about the wet... Actually forgot about it when my finger hit the trigger at the beginning of each stage. Now I bring rain pants.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I dont mind rain, but I hate when it rain's, and stops, rains, and stops. To me, either get me soaked, and I move on, or get me dry and I move on. I dont really care which.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I had just decided to do only Appleseed this year since I am starting a major renovation of the home I just bought and time and money are at a premium. I like that I am seeing the former Appleseed folks that I know and respect on this thread. I will continue on with my plans but with Revere's Riders instead.

BTW I kinda like the name you have chosen. Now make sure you get cooler hats! The Appleseed hats were about the ugliest hats I have seen!:)

Brian, keep me posted. I have my AR dialed in to 200 yards ready for an event.

Faine

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Indy (South Side)
    I dont mind rain, but I hate when it rain's, and stops, rains, and stops. To me, either get me soaked, and I move on, or get me dry and I move on. I dont really care which.

Ugh, don't remind me of that day. My first (and only, so far) Appleseed. So is/will the Revere's Riders shooting event provide an acceptable proof of marksmanship for one to get a rifle from the CMP?

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw

I'll add that it thins out the whiners on the line! LOL

Yeah, but there's nothing like sunburn, heatstroke and bugs to weed out the faint of heart and weaklings! besides its great fun trying to focus with sweat running into your eyes and heat waves distorting your view of the targets...

Top Bottom