• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    It's never too soon to sign up for what will be a great event. Learn or master rifle fundamentals and learn the true events of how we gained our independence.

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Still time to get signed up. There's nothing better than shooting in Decemebr. No sweat to get in your eyes, no sunburns and 100% American.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Still time to get signed up. There's nothing better than shooting in Decemebr. No sweat to get in your eyes, no sunburns and 100% American.

How many do you have so far? If you are really needing numbers to make it worthwhile, I may consider it. I am kind of buried in some projects and was going to wait until Spring to take up shooting, but if there is a need maybe I'll take a break and come out.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Okay, I signed up. I am very cold blooded though. Er, I mean I get cold really easy so I'll be the one with a LOT of clothes on!

Having a fire to sit around when you are talking would be great! lol.

On a serious note, do I bring a .22LR rifle, an AR or a Garand? All three?

At my one and only Appleseed I did that Yellowhousejake was the lead on I brought my Garand so others could shoot it at the end of the day. I am willing to offer that again if you desire.

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Bring them all. There will be plenty of time to shoot all 3. At the Crawfordsville shoot, watching the smaller Patriots shoot the Garand was a major highlight.

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    Agreed, bring all three. Nashville is centerfire friendly. On Sunday we'll be going to 100 yds. and a little bit farther to some steel the club has set up.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Bring them all. There will be plenty of time to shoot all 3. At the Crawfordsville shoot, watching the smaller Patriots shoot the Garand was a major highlight.

Agreed, bring all three. Nashville is centerfire friendly. On Sunday we'll be going to 100 yds. and a little bit farther to some steel the club has set up.

Will do. I think my Garand could use a new barrel but I am sure you guys can determine that!

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Bring whatever your budget for ammo allows for Saturday and Sunday. But bring the rest for 100 yards.

I agree, watching that young girl and boy shoot the M1 at the last Crawfordsville event was pretty damn cool. Zero fear in them, which is a whole lot more than I could say about myself at that age!

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    Will do. I think my Garand could use a new barrel but I am sure you guys can determine that!

We need to have ol' Huff to stop by and put his peepers on your rifle. He and his posse have some knowledge of the U.S. Rifle, Caliber .30, M1. They also have access to tools for gauging barrels.

I'll see if I can find a lamp to get the Bomb Signal working.

ol' Huff

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    Corporal Hosmer approached my homestead this eve to report that signal fires were witnessed in the East. He was attended by my wife for victuals while reports were confirmed. Indeed, fires have been lit in response and a contingent will be dispatched. Should we sally, critical to our success will be the cleanliness of the bore and chamber. Any accurate guaging will depend on it. Ill try to drum up a set of GO/NO GOs as well.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Corporal Hosmer approached my homestead this eve to report that signal fires were witnessed in the East. He was attended by my wife for victuals while reports were confirmed. Indeed, fires have been lit in response and a contingent will be dispatched. Should we sally, critical to our success will be the cleanliness of the bore and chamber. Any accurate guaging will depend on it. Ill try to drum up a set of GO/NO GOs as well.

If I interpreted you correctly, I need to make sure the rifle(at least the barrel) is clean. I did have it gauged when I purchased it, but I can't remember the numbers. It has only been shot to 50 yards or less with inexperienced shooters so I really don't know what kind of groups it can hold.

If it won't hold a decent group with someone who knows what they are doing, I am prepared to invest in a new barrel and get it set up good. It is fun to shoot and it may as well be as accurate as I can get it.

Thanks in advance!

ol' Huff

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    Yeah. The barrel AND chamber need to be very clean for accurate gauging. If you don't have an '06 chamber brush, go to a local hardware and buy a couple cheapo bottle brushes.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I will bring:
    firearms
    magazines
    ammo
    ECI's in all rifles