• ...and so much more!
  • gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I'm working on some plastic components for the roof system. It's going to be cool. I have not been able to look at much except what pertains to the parts I will provide as they are keeping it under wraps pretty good.

Ford is hoping to have it out this spring. The final designs are not even frozen yet. Ford is way behind on this one. I do know this much. We won't have our parts ready for a spring launch. The earliest we could have parts is late May. And that's if they gave us a PO by Monday of next week.:)

If I do get the award, it is going to be a stressful 6-9 months for me. I know they will beat on us continually to try to make up the time.:(

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I'm working on some plastic components for the roof system. It's going to be cool. I have not been able to look at much except what pertains to the parts I will provide as they are keeping it under wraps pretty good...

We are working through a package of injection molds for it. At least I think that's what the "U725" designation is. Some of them are still sitting on hold.:rolleyes:

It will be a CF, just like everything else Ford does.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    We are working through a package of injection molds for it. At least I think that's what the "U725" designation is. Some of them are still sitting on hold.:rolleyes:

It will be a CF, just like everything else Ford does.

We are working on the same stuff. We don't build molds, we mold the parts.

And yes, U725 is the Bronco.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Ok. It's finally official. July 13th will be the debut. For some reason, it was originally scheduled for July 9th, but was changed because July 9th was famous for some guy named O.J. Go figure.

https://www.freep.com/story/money/c...-release-date-oj-simpson-birthday/3222449001/

From one of the tweets in the article (emphasis mine):
    "#Ford is marketing the return of the #Bronco by releasing it on OJ Simpson's July 9th birthday, at this time of racially charged headlines."

OMFG... Not EVERYTHING is about race! Unless you try really hard to make it about race, which is obviously what people are doing now. **** a lotta that. :rolleyes:

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Pretty good rendition, they obviously learned from the success of the current crop of Mustangs; leave enough of the classic apparent in the regenerated model and it should be successful.:rockwoot:
    Even Chrysler left enough Challenger intact to make it recognizable. It works.

Now if only they hadn’t butchered the Chargers so badly.

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Nothing like in-depth reviews from people who have never driven the vehicle.

Your right, no one has driven it yet, everyone who has an opinion on it is based strictly off looks.

But if a 74 Gremlin handled like a Ferrari it is still an ugly as **** Gremlin. :)

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Even Chrysler left enough Challenger intact to make it recognizable. It works.

Now if only they hadn’t butchered the Chargers so badly.

69-dodge.jpg

2020-Dodge.jpg

Nah. I'll take a new one. If I want a throwback with crappy visibility, a Challenger will do.

Old Chargers and Challengers look similar enough that it wouldn't have made any sense for Chrysler to manufacture two slightly different 2 door boats nowadays.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    69-dodge.jpg

2020-Dodge.jpg

Nah. I'll take a new one. If I want a throwback with crappy visibility, a Challenger will do.

Old Chargers and Challengers look similar enough that it wouldn't have made any sense for Chrysler to manufacture two slightly different 2 door boats nowadays.

I will take the original thank you very much. No knock on the new stuff because it is stellar in its own way. But I will roll old school if I had my choice.
    No argument as to what each one is good at.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I will take the original thank you very much. No knock on the new stuff because it is stellar in its own way. But I will roll old school if I had my choice.
    No argument as to what each one is good at.

This is how I feel also. I can accept that the newer stuff is better in most every way but there is that "soul" part that is missing.

I like the simplicity and the "lighter" feel of the old stuff.

Whether I go old school or get something newer as I head into my retirement years (still a ways off), will be determined by my desire to "tinker" with something older as a hobby or if I just want to hop into something to get me to whatever hobby I have chosen.

Top Bottom